Sharpening My Blade

What in the hell did my brother just come in here and say to me? I could have swore it sounded like he said go kill Erica. Snapping out of my brain fuck, I ran out my door and caught up to him. "What did you say?"

Rolling his eye's he hummed as if it was nothing. "You know Erica, well she's been banging your husband and eating up all his time".

Balling my fists up, I gritted out. "How long have you known? Why haven't you told me sooner?"

"I haven't known long. With all the crazy antics Pape has been pulling, who's even had time to wipe their ass".

"Are you just saying this so I'll leave Jax alone?"

Taking a deep breath Demarco spoke. "As much as I hate that man and don't want you to associate with him, no Miri. I'm not lying. It was Erica".

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. How? Her? "But we saved her, took her in. She was a friend".

"It's a hard lesson to learn sis. Simply a case of a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Now I must get to Sam. If you need me call".

Demarco ducked into the elevator and I went back to my apartment. Peeking in on litte Cole, I took a seat on the edge of the chair. My heart hurt from all the forms of betrayal I've endured. My husband, my love crushed my soul. Erica did this after the kindness I bestowed upon her. Then Jax, did he know and not tell me. At first I slept with Jax just to sleep with him but over the past few weeks I've grown to like him. We have fun together and he's awesome with my son. Now this. Plus if he knew and didn't tell me that's just another betrayal to add to my list.

I'm cursed, it's the only plausible answer. Ever man I've dated has hurt me. Cole the most, that prick Eli, and now Jax. Maybe I'm just not loveable. Maybe it's just me. Needing to lash out, needing a escape, I gathered the baby up and went to Pape's. I left little Cole with him explaining I needed to catch my breath. I didn't tell him of my findings because I myself wasn't sure how I would handle it. Erica would pay no doubt, but I need to put a plan in place. Then theirs Cole. Wouldn't it be grand if I got the two together and attacked. Let them die together like they lie together. Cole coming after me was laughable. Yes I knew he was a lunatic and unstable especially in these situations but I knew just how to win this battle with Cole. I'd win it with my pussy. That's right, seems that's Cole's biggest weakness. Lure him in with fake forgiveness, call it even and then bam... end him.

As for Erica, she's going to scream, just not my husband's name. My only hang up was Jax. Shit I really did like him but if he interferes I'll have no choice but to take his life now.

With a fuck the world attitude, I went to the Den. I knew just the cure... a stiff drink and a stiff cock. Downing a few shots, I spotted Mica and Liam by the bar. Friends of Cole, yet they wasn't as important. I knew they always copped looks at me but Pape insisted they would never be worthy of me. Sauntering over, I leaned down making sure my cleavage was on display.

Both men looked shocked at my appearance. "Miss Butoni, is there a problem?"

"Please, call me Miri and it's miss Harper. And yes there is. I need some help".

"What can we do? What do you need help with?".

Biting my lip I smiled. "Getting undressed".

Liam choked on his drink and Mica was slacked jaw. "Excuse me? Liam asked.

Losing patience I rattled off. "Boy's do you want to fuck me or not? If so follow me".

I took off toward my Pape's private room and it wasn't long before they was on my heels. Two hours later I headed back home fully satisfied. Those men thoroughly worked me over. After a shower I headed back out with a bit of mischief in mind.

Picking up donuts I went to visit Jax and sweet Erica. No, I wasn't going in for the kill yet, just some innocent mind games. Jax was surprised to see me and I greeted him with a wet kiss. Marching on into the kitchen I called Erica in a sing song manner. "She should join us don't you think Jax? I mean she has to be lonely with no man and all".

Erica entered a bit timid. Linking my arm through hers I lead her to a chair. "Oh come girl, don't be so shy. There's nothing to hide here'.

I handed everyone a donut. As they bit into theirs I started laughing. "Tell me Jax, you being the lawman how many case's have you worked where a spouse poisoned their cheating half?"

Concerned filtered in both their eye's at my question. Erica sat her half eaten donut down. Laughing I said. "Eat up Erica. You need some meat on your bones. As skinny as you are one would think you had a lover that burned all your calories in bed. They do say you burn more calories screwing than working out. We should put that to the test Jax".

Erica flashed her eye's at Jax. "Are you seeing her?" She asked.

"Well, we've went out a few time's". Jax muttered.

Laughing I added. "We are just fucking. Seems to be all the rage today".

"Miri". Jax questioned.

I faked a blush. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry and yes Erica me and your brother are doing something. I'm not sure what it is yet but I do like him. I hope you approve". I gave Jax a sweet smile and placed a kiss to his cheek.

"I know my behavior is off but I received word from Cole earlier and it's put me in a mood. He still refuses to tell me who she is. I mean I'm not sounding vain but look at me, how could he ever find someone else attractive. It had to be a pity fuck. And I just can't wait to find her. Oh the things I have planned. I haven't killed in awhile so I'm sure I'll linger this one out. Sorry guy's I want go into detail but I'm thinking about attempting my first skinning."

The room was dead silent as I eyed both of them. "Too deep?" I asked with a giggle. "Okay okay, let's talk rainbows and butterflies".

Twenty minutes later I made my way home smiling. I could only imagine the conversation Jax and his sister were having right now.

Instead of going home I stopped by Ari's. She seemed surprised to see me but we picked up where we left off. I needed at least one person I could talk to this about.