Invisible 001

Enjoy the first chapter fellas!

*****

The cheers and applauses from the crowd filled up the atrium.

Rhian Ramos Howell looked up at the audience who were standing up for her. They looked happy and excited, holding some papers in their hands with messages. She thought the papers read how much the audience love her, but she wasn’t so sure. She was too busy basking in the glory to notice. Some of them even cried for her. It was understandable, since they all adore the perfect her that much. So she pretended a few drops of tears to please them.

She held hands with the rest of the cast members of the musical and bowed for one last time. It was the last play for their successful musical, Legally Blonde. She’d like to think that it was mostly her credit. With her name in the cast alone, it had attracted ninety percent of the audience. The rest of the cast are lucky enough to share the same stage with her, she thought.

The red curtain fell, and she flashed her bright smile until the curtain covered her face.

As soon as the audience was out of her sight, she let go of her hands from others.

“Good job, Rhian!” said the male lead actor who worked with her during these 3 months.

Rhian looked at him and nodded, “Yeah, great show.”

She heard more congratulations here and there from the cast members whom she didn’t even notice their existence. She thought it wasn’t her fault that they all looked the same. Some of them played more than one character in the play, making her confused. And they were too insignificant to remember. So she just smiled and nodded at all of them.

She walked straight to the lead actress’ dressing room. She opened the door and was greeted by more people who cared about her.

First, there was Bianca King, a childhood friend who was already like a real sister to her.

“Hey, great job Rhian!” she said as she pulled Rhian for a hug. She grinned and hugged her back, and they twirled a few times like little kids.

“B, I did great right?” Rhian asked proudly.

“As always!” she said, letting her go from her embrace.

Rhian sat on the chair in front of the mirror and let the staffs remove the make-up from her face. She hardly ever did it herself.

“Are you going to join the rest of the cast for an after party?” Bianca asked suddenly.

She scoffed, “You think? Of course… not. I’m not wasting my time with them. There’s a meeting with SBO producers to discuss about my drama debut role tonight.”

“I thought so. But I’m a bit worried since I heard they’re considering Sanya too.”

“That Sanya kid? Oh come on, she and I are like the earth and sky. She got nothing on me.”

“What’s the title again, That Spring, The Flower Blooms?”

“Yeah, I think. Some lame title,” she replied nonchalant.

One of the staffs was scrubbing Rhian’s cheeks with a cotton puff and her finger accidentally poked the corner of her eye.

“Hey watch it!” she yelled.

She bowed her head to apologize, “I-I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

Rhian glared at her, and then rolled her eyes.

“Get out of here. You’re fired.”

The staff looked at her, shocked.

“What are you looking at? Didn’t you hear me? Get out!” Rhian shouted as she slammed her hand on the makeup table.

The female staff looked down and clumsily grabbed her things before leaving. Rhian saw her wiping her eyes, but she didn’t care. She brought it upon herself, she thought.

Rhian saw Bianca staring at her from the mirror.

“What?”

“That was too harsh, Rhi.”

“She almost poked my eye. Do I have to wait till I’m blind?” she retorted.

Bianca didn’t say anything. She looked away and sighed. She knew she could never win Rhian in an argument.

Rhian picked up the cotton balls and wiped away the remaining makeup on her face. She got up to change her clothes when the door suddenly opened.

A tall and beautiful young woman entered, and the room was brightened with her presence.

“Lovi!” Rhian said, excited.

“Rhi!!” Lovi said as she walked towards her. She threw her arms around her and planted a quick peck on her left cheek.

They broke the hug and looked at each other.

“You were amazing,” she said.

“Aren’t I always?” Rhian asked with a chuckle.

She laughed.

Rhian threw her arms around the girl’s neck. She glanced at Bianca and she quickly locked the door. After making sure the room was secured, Rhian pulled Lovi’s face closer and pressed my lips to hers. She could feel Lovi’s grip around her waist tightened as they continued to kiss. They broke the kiss after a while and they smiled at each other.

“You missed me right?” Rhian asked.

Rhian laughed and nodded, “Like crazy.”

Bianca faked a cough and they both glanced at her. She looked uncomfortable with them making out though Rhian thought she had already gotten used to it by now. Bianca was the one who introduced Lovi to her at a fashion show after party early last year. Lovi was one of the models who walked the runway and Rhain was instantly attracted with her looks and fame. She was younger than her so she hardly oppose to anything she said. She liked Lovi that way. She was like a cute pet.

“We should get going. You said there’s a meeting with the SBO producers, right?” said Bianca.

“Ah right. I’m gonna go change first. Call my driver to standby. I don’t want to be hoarded by fans while waiting.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you outside.”

“You want me to wait outside too?” asked Lovi to Rhian.

Rhi grabbed her hand.

“What? No. You’re gonna help me get changed,” she said with a smirk.

Bianca rolled her eyes and quickly left and shut the door. Lovi and Rhian looked at each other and chuckled.

“Looks like you’re the one who missed me more,” she said.

**

Rhian and Lovi walked hand in hand as they left the dressing room. Lovi was leading the way to the back exit door where Rhian’s driver and Bianca would be waiting for them. But when they opened the door, there was a group of fans waiting for her.

“Rhian! We love you!”

“You’re so pretty!”

“Rhian Howell is the best actress!”

Rhian was sick and tired of the screaming clowns telling her things that she already knew. Couldn’t they just leave her alone for once? She thought. She quickly put on her shades and pulled up her jacket’s collar. She wasn’t hiding her no-makeup face but the red marks that Lovi made around her neck. She held Lovi’s hand tightly and covered her face with her hoodie. The latter protectively put her arms around her and held her close. This was why she likes dating taller people.

“Where is the driver?” Rhian asked to Bianca who was already standing there.

She looked worried, “I called but he said he would come a bit late. Something came up, he said.”

Rhian’s face heated up of anger.

“What?! He’s using my car to do his own chores?!”

Bianca and Lovi both stood close to her, concealing her from the fans.

“Control yourself, there are fans watching,” Bianca whispered.

“Heck! I don’t care! Let them watch! This good for nothing guy is using my car for his own purposes and letting me wait here in the cold?! What the fu-

Lovi quickly covered Rhian’s mouth and looked at her. Their eyes met and she shook her head disapprovingly.

“Rhi please calm down.”

Rhian scoffed and pushed her hand away.

“Don’t you dare to shush me that way,” she said, serious.

Lovi gulped, shocked.

She pushed both of them away and began walking. She was not sure where she was going but she needed to get out of there. She heard their footsteps following her from behind and calling her but she didn’t care. She kept on walking around the building.

All of a sudden, two girls came out from the corner and stood in front of her. Judging from their appearance, she could tell that they were her fans.

“Rhian, you’re amazing!”

“Please accept my cookies!” one of them said, a plain and insignificant looking girl.

She looked at them, not saying anything. She was in such a bad mood, and she couldn’t even try to fake a smile with these people.

“I baked these cookies for you!”

She was about to say something harsh about the cookies when someone took it from the girl.

“Thanks for the cookies! Rhian will eat them later!” said Bianca who finally kept up with her. She took the cookies and smiled at the fans. Lovi was there as well.

Rhian rolled my eyes.

“********. You want to know what will happen to your homemade cookies?” she asked.

Bianca and Lovi looked at her, worried of what she was going to do. But she looked past them and grabbed the cookies from Bianca’s hand.

She glanced to her side and saw a homeless man sitting on a piece of cardboard that was probably his home.

“Hey, do you want cookies?” she asked.

He looked at her, puzzled, “Cookies?”

She threw the box of cookies towards him. But the box didn’t reach him. It fell on the ground and the box ripped because of the impact. The cookies were scattered on the road. It was chocolate chip cookies.

Everyone was speechless for a while. Then the girl cried, and both of them ran away in tears. Rhian gritted her teeth, not a bit feeling sorry for what happened. Bianca and Lovi stared at her, shocked.

“Young lady, you may think that the world revolves around you right now,” said the old man.

“But nothing last forever.”

“Love is like seed, it grows. The love from those around you will not last if you don’t love them back.”

“Maybe you don’t even know what love is.”

Rhian scowled at the man rudely, “Hey, who asked you to speak?”

“I don’t beg these people to love me, they just do. So don’t tell me to love them back.”

“I just want to live my life freely without these people hoarding me everywhere like pest.”

“Invisible.”

He looked at her, speechless. She felt victorious.

A black limousine stopped in front of the road and a man stepped out of the car.

“I’m so sorry Miss Rhian! My wife just gave birth so I had to rush to the hospital-

“Great. After this you can look for another job to feed your family,” she said.

“Wh-What do you mean?”

“Shut up and take me to the meeting. I’m already late.”

**

The meeting with the producers went well. Rhian has a talent of acting nice and likeable for her own benefit. They signed the contract right away. Now that everything was set in stone, they will do the script reading next week and then a press conference for the drama before the official filming. She couldn’t wait to start since this could be her stepping stone to become more popular.

Rhian could feel that each of her arms was supported by someone as she walked towards her penthouse. She drank a bit too much after the meeting to celebrate and now she was a bit tipsy. She was usually aware of her intake but today she went over her limit.

She was dragged to her bed and she could feel the fluffy pillows supporting her head. She looked at the people in her room as her view became clearer. They were both tall with long hair, and enviably pretty.

Lovi and Bianca.

“B. . .” Rhian murmured as Bianca pulled the blanket over her.

“Get some rest, kay?” she said as she gently caressed her cheek.

“We’ll be going now,,” said another voice, Lovi.

Rhian grabbed her hand before she left.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Stayyy…”

She chuckled, “No. You’re too drunk and I have a schedule early tomorrow.”

She lowered her head and Rhian felt her soft lips pressed on her forehead.

“Good night,” she whispered.

And then Rhian fell asleep.

**

She woke up the next morning with a pounding in her head. She lazily rolled around in her bed, not wanting to leave just yet. But the sound of her phone ringing was piercing her ears. She weakly rose from the bed and grabbed the phone to answer.

“Yes, what do you want?” she asked without seeing the number.

“Hello?Rhi?” she heard Lovi’s voice from the other line.

“Ahh Lov. Hello~” she said, her mouth crept up.

“Hello? Rhi  are you there?”

“Yes! Can’t you hear me? Lovi! Lov! Are we still meeting for lunch??”

And then she heard nothing but a dial tone. She looked at the screen and she had hung up.

“What the?”

Rhian scoffed and threw the phone on her bed. It must be some connection problem. She grabbed her towel and headed to the shower. After cleaning up under the warm shower, she went to her wardrobe to get changed. She took out one of her Chanel dress that suited the spring season. She put it on and stood in front of the mirror in the middle of the room to check myself.

She gasped.

I can’t see myself in the mirror.

She touched the mirror and checked it from the front to the back to see what’s wrong with it. But there was nothing wrong. It was not cracked or misty; it was perfectly fine.

But she couldn’t see her reflection on it.

She went into the bathroom again to look into the mirror there. But she still couldn’t see herself. She went on to look for her reflection on the mirror of her compact powder, but still nothing. Soon, she’d finished searching the house to look for her reflection on anything that could reflect. The shiny kettle, every spoon, pan, the glass doors but she couldn’t see herself. The house was a mess but she didn’t care.

She gulped as panic began to take over her. No, she was scared now. There must be an explanation for this. She grabbed her phone and called for her driver. She needed to meet Bianca as she was the person Rhian goes to whenever she was in trouble. But her driver didn’t pick up his phone. She left a voice message instead.

“Hey, get the car to my apartment in 15 minutes if you want to keep your job!”

**

She put on her jacket and shades before leaving the house. She clutched tightly to her handbag as she entered the elevator. There was a man entering the same elevator as her; she though he’s her neighbor but she’s not so sure. He usually smiled at her when they met and she will ignore him, but today he didn’t. He didn’t even look at her.

Rhian looked around the elevator where the whole place was covered with shiny surface, hoping to see her reflection. But there wasn’t any. The elevator reached the ground floor and she stormed out of there. She walked to the main entrance, hoping for her driver waiting for her there. There was a car but it’s not hers. Her driver wasn’t there.

Anger was boiling inside of her. She turned to the security guard who was standing there. He didn’t even greet her, how rude, she thought.

“Hey, have you seen my car?” she asked.

But he didn’t even look at her.

“Hey! Look at me!”

He bowed down to the man who was in the same elevator as Rhian earlier.

“Good morning, Mr.Castillo!”

She looked at the whole thing, shocked.

“Why the heck didn’t he greet me? Don’t you know who I am? I am Rhian Ramos Howell!”

She stood there, speechless. She looked at the black tinted window of the man’s car. Everyone’s image was reflected on it, the man and the guard but not her. That’s when she realized why he didn’t greet her.

It was because he couldn’t see her.

I’m invisible.

*****

How was the 1st chapter? Hahahaha! I hope you enjoyed reading guys. I'll update chapter 2 tomorrow.😁😁😁