Invisible 012

Kakauwi lang 😁
Here's chapter 12 for everyone..

Enjoy ❤

*****

Chapter Twelve

“I’m… sorry,” Rhian said.

But Sanya didn’t hear her. No one else but Glaiza did.

Glaiza glanced at her, and saw something that she never thought she would see from her; the look of regret on Rhian’s face.

Rhian walked till she was right in front of Sanya and looked at the girl she had fired, even though the latter wasn’t able to see her.

“I remember you. You were a good makeup artist…” she said.

“But I always scolded you for no reason at all… Just because I was angry with something else, I let it out on you,” she added, with her lips trembling.

But Sanya didn’t hear a thing she said. She looked at Glaiza.

“But why are you asking me about Rhian Howell?” she asked.

Glaiza bit her lip, “Because I brought a message from her, for you.”

“For me?”

Glaiza nodded, “Yes.”

Rhian was still standing in between Sanya and Glaiza, her eyes fixed on the ground. Even though the girl couldn’t see her, she still couldn’t bring herself to look at her. For the first time in a long time, she felt guilty. She was too embarrassed to look at the girl whose life she had crushed.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Sanya…” she repeated, almost whispering.

“I have to tell you that, Rhian is truly sorry for what she did to you,” said Glaiza suddenly.

Glaiza was so shocked; her eyes widened and her mouth gaped.

“Really?”

Glaiza nodded, “Yes. She couldn’t be here today, but she insisted for me to come and tell you how sorry she is.”

Sanya was still dumbfounded.

“Will you forgive her?” asked Glaiza.

The younger girl stared at Glaiza in disbelief, “She said sorry?”

“She just wants your forgiveness,” replied Glaiza.

Rhian looked at the girl and bit her lip. She wished to hold her hand and to apologize properly but she couldn’t do so in her condition. But she knew Sanya won’t forgive her. The way she treated her was horrible, just like how she treated everyone else around her.

If Rhian was Sanya, she won’t forgive herself either.

Sanya looked at Glaiza, not saying anything. Rhian knew where this was going.

She turned around, “Pale face, there is no way she was going to forgive me. Let’s just leave-

“I forgive her,” said a voice.

Rhian turned around and stared at the girl before her.

Sanya said that. She really did. Rhian looked at her in disbelief.

“Bu-But why?” she mumbled.

Sanya smiled, “I forgive her.”

Rhian creased her eyebrows, “Why? Why do you want to forgive the person who made your life a living hell?”

“I think deep down inside, Miss Rhian is a nice person,” added Sanya.

Rhian shook her head as tears were brimming in her eyes.

“Th-This can’t be…”

And then she ran out of the house.

**

Rhian ran away from the house and on to the streets. She could feel the tears brimming in her eyes, and soon they escaped. She didn’t bother to wipe them, because she couldn’t understand why she was tearing up. She ran down the street back to where Glaiza’s van was parked. She stopped by the vehicle and put both her hands on the rear of the van.

Panting, she couldn’t lift her head from the ground. She was still breathing heavily, but soon she gathered her strength to look up and into the window of the van. It wasn’t tinted but it still slightly reflected the things around, like a smeared mirror. She saw the telephone pole behind where she was standing on the glass surface, as well as the roofs of the houses behind her.

But she still couldn’t see her own reflection.
She was still invisible.

“I can’t do this… it’s useless…” she mumbled.

Her knees got weak and she had to support herself by leaning against the van. Her tears had dried by itself. She wiped her forehead and her cheeks again and again as she stared randomly on the street.

“Hey, why did you run like that?!” asked someone from behind her.

She wasn’t startled, because she knew who that was.

She looked at the only person who could see her, Glaiza. Their eyes met, and Rhian could see how concerned she was. She was genuinely concerned.

Rhian scoffed.

“Why on earth do you care about me?”

Glaiza was shocked.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” asked Rhian.

The latter kept silent.

“Why is that girl being so nice to me? Forgive me? What is wrong with you people?!” she shouted.

Glaiza looked at her, not saying anything. Rhian looked like a mess, and very confused.

“I can accept it if she hates me! But she didn’t! Why?! If it were me, I’d hate myself to death! Why?!”

Glaiza looked at Rhian and her eyes didn’t waver at all, “Because she sees you for who you are.”

Rhian stared at Glaiza incredulously, “What are you even saying…”

Suddenly, Glaiza walked towards Rhian and took her hands by surprise. They looked at each other, not saying anything.

“I am still invisible…” she said to Glaiza. Her voice was slightly shaking.

“There is no way I can be visible again…”

“You don’t know that. We just started this, we have a lot of time-

“Do you know how many people I’ve hurt?” Rhian cut in.

Glaiza kept mum.

“Exactly. I don’t know either,” Rhian added.

“I don’t even remember the last time I was nice to someone…” she paused as tears were brimming in her eyes. She bit her lip, trying to hold it in.

“Last night,” said Glaiza suddenly.

Rhian looked at Glaiza, puzzled.

“You put the blanket around me while I was sleeping. That was being nice.”

Rhian gulped, “I-I did that because-

She looked at Glaiza and their eyes met, “Because it’s you…”

Rhian’s eyes widened, shocked.

Rhian pulled her hands away and looked down to avoid the latter’s gaze.

“It doesn’t matter now. There is no way I can track down every person I hurt…”

“We can try-

Rhian scoffed, “Try? Look, Sanya wasn’t the only person I hurt that night. After the show ended, I went through the backdoor to leave and there were two fans came to me with their gifts. You know what I did to the gifts?”

“I threw them to the ground, right in front of their eyes.”

“Now tell me how on earth am I going to find those girls and apologize?! They’re not the company staff so I don’t know where they live or even their names!!” Rhian shouted.

Glaiza kept mum.

“And they are just a small portion of the people I hurt…”

Rhian took a few steps back and leaned against the van. And soon she was sitting on the ground, burying her face in her palms.

Glaiza watched her as she sobbed. Though she was covering her face, she could tell that she was crying.

She kneeled down before her, until their eyes were at the same level. But Rhian still wouldn’t turn to look at her no matter what.

Glaiza was contemplating on what she should do or say. She wasn’t sure if she should give her a hug, a pat on her back or say something appropriate. What was appropriate to say? She didn’t know. She didn’t know what to do. Her right hand was almost touching Rhian’s shoulder but she couldn’t go any further. So she pulled her hand back and stared at Rhian.

“What if…” said Rhian all of a sudden.

“What if I can’t be visible anymore?” she continued.

She looked up from her palms and her eyes met Glaiza’s. Her eyes were red and swollen from the continuous crying, but she didn’t bother to conceal it this time. Glaiza looked at her, not saying anything.

“What if I stayed invisible forever?” she asked again.

Glaiza shook her head, “You’re not invisible to me.”

“And if that happens…” she paused.

“I will take care of you.”

“It’s a promise.”

Rhian looked at Glaiza, shocked. Silence fell between them both. Then suddenly at the same time, they reached for each other and embraced. Rhian wrapped her arms around the other girl tightly, like she had never held anyone before.

It was the best embrace she ever had.

The safest she had ever felt.

**

Glaiza went downstairs to the receptionist counter after making sure Rhian had fallen asleep in her room. Though she was tired, she promised Chynna to be on the night watch so she drank two cups of coffee to do the job.

Chynna was still at the counter, waiting for her to switch their shift. It was quiet; there was no one else but them at the ground floor.

“Okay Chynn, you can go to bed now,” said Glaiza as she reached the counter.

But her best friend didn’t bother moving from the chair. She patted the vacant chair beside her instead.

“Come here, I want to talk to you.”

Glaiza raised an eyebrow, “Talk to me? Wow you sound serious.”

“Just come here,” said Chynna.

Glaiza sat beside her best friend and they looked at each other.

“O-kay, so what’s up? Did something happen while I was away?” she asked, curious.

Chynna leaned forward, closer to Glaiza, her eyes still fixed on her pale best friend.

“Ye-Yes?”

“Where were you all day?” asked Chynna suddenly.

“I-I was running some errands…

“Really? Because it seems like you have so many errands to run lately.”

Glaiza gulped, “I-I also bumped onto a friend-

“You switched shift with me twice this week! You never asked to switch shift before! You don’t like going out or hanging out with friends, but you’ve changed…”

“I wonder why.”

Glaiza gulped again.

“Are you… seeing someone?” Chynna asked, almost whispering.

Glaiza’s face suddenly turned red and she smacked Chynna’s shoulder by impulse.

“I’M NOT SEEING ANYONE!”

“OWWWW! WHY DID YOU SMACK ME?!” shrieked Chynna as she rubbed her shoulder.

“Just because I’m the only one who can see her doesn’t mean I’m seeing her!” Glaiza retorted.

Chynna creased her eyebrows, “What are you even saying?”

Glaiza looked away and let out a deep sigh. Silence fell in between them. Chynna knew her best friend wasn’t in a stable mood so she stopped making assumptions about her whereabouts. She went to the pantry and came back with a bottle of wine. She poured a glass for Glaiza and they continued to sit there in silence.

Soon Glaiza picked up the glass and took a sip. Then she put back the half empty glass on the counter.

“Chynn, have you ever hated someone so much?” she asked suddenly.

“Hate someone so much? I don’t think so…”

Chynna glanced at Glaiza but the latter kept silent.

“Why?” she asked.

“Because there is someone I hate so much,” replied Glaiza.

“I hate this person so much that I don’t ever want to see her again.”

“And all I want to do is to wipe her existence out of my life.  I even promised myself, if I ever meet her again in my life, I’ll act like she’s someone I don’t know and just pass her by. But-

“But… I think I broke my own promise.” 

“By having feelings that I shouldn’t have for this person that I’m supposed to hate,” she added.

Chynnastared at her best friend, shocked. Glaiza rarely open up to her about herself, and every time they drank together it was always her who talks more.

“You mean… you like this person?”

Glaiza shook her head vigorously, “No, no… I don’t think so.”

“It’s a different feeling, I just care about her and want to help her, and I don’t want to see her sad…”

“I just want to protect her…”

Chynna put a hand on her buddy’s shoulder and the latter turned to look at her. Their gazes met.

“Cha, it sounds to me that you like this person.”

Glaiza gulped and froze. She wanted to say something to retort Chynna’s statement but she couldn’t come up with any.

“I-I…

Suddenly the pantry door opened by itself.

Chynna stared at the opened door, her face pale.

“Th-The door… gh-ghost…”

But Glaiza saw her.

Rhian was standing by with a bottle of water she took from the pantry earlier. They looked at each other, not saying anything.

Glaiza gulped.
Did she hear everything?

*****

Sa mga paalis palang ng mga bahay bahay nila at papunta ng cemetery, mag-iingat kayo madla.

Tsaka paalala lamang po baka makasalubong nio na mga soulmates nio. Kilalanin nio na.hahahaha! 😂😂😂 may nakabangga ako kanina. Sabi niya "kuya sama ako sayo" yun pala baliw nakahawak pa sa balikat ko hahahaha.akala ko pinsan ko.langya. muntik ko na machuntok 😒

Take care guys. Vote vote vote 😊