Invisible 014

Good morning readers!
Something happened before..ano kaya yun.

And sa wakas marereveal na din about sa butterfly na pet ni Rhian..

Enjoy❤

*****

Chapter Fourteen

Rhian stared at the photo in her hands.

She saw two girls in the photo.

One of it was herself. Looking pretty as always, like a dressed up Barbie doll, standing next to a girl that was opposite of her, a fat, chubby girl with thick glasses and pigtails hair. A heavy pang strikes her in the heart.

She dropped the yearbook in her hand and it fell on the floor.

Rhian gulped.

“It-It’s her…”

“Bu-But how did pale face have this photo?”

She glanced at Glaiza and gulped again.

Something happened to her during that summer.

“Is she?”

She shook her head, “No-No way…”

Tears were brimming in her eyes.

“No… It-It can’t be…”

Suddenly her feet felt weak, and she couldn’t even stand still. She tried to reach anything around her to support herself from falling. She held tight to the edges of the desk near her, but she can only held for so long. Soon she ended up sitting on the floor with the photo beside her.

She bit her lip as she was trying to hold back her tears but it was useless. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks and she was sobbing like a child.

“We-Were you the girl in the picture?”

“I-It was all because of me…”

9 years ago

A middle aged female teacher was standing in front of the classroom with a stack of papers in her hands. The whole classroom was giving their attention to the teacher, with serious look on their faces.

“Okay, so the results for your mid-year evaluation are out,” said their teacher, Madam Reyes.

“The mark is based on your mid-term paper plus the project report that you’ve submitted last week,” she added with a stern look on her face.

Glaiza can’t help but grin as she waited for her name to be called out. Her other classmates were nervous but she wasn’t. She was excited to find out the marks she obtained for her favorite subject, Biology. She was clasping her hands together and sat straight on her seat, getting ready to be called at any time.

Their teacher called out the names of other students in the class, one by one. Some of them were happy with their results while some were seems gloomy after knowing.

“Rhian Ramos Howell,” called Madam Reyes.

Glaiza and the others turned their heads to the girl who sits in the middle of the class. A girl stood up from her seat, while all eyes were fixed on her.  There stood the captain of the school’s cheerleader squad, Rhian. Her beauty stole the attention, with light brown hair that fell just below her shoulders. She was dressed luxuriously in designer clothes that others couldn’t afford. She made her way towards the teacher in front of the class with the sound of her steps filling the classroom.

She stopped when she was in front of her teacher, waiting for her result. She looked disinterested but forced a smile anyway.

“I never thought I’d be called this late, Madam Reyes. I was usually first, from the back of course,” she said casually.

She has never been interested in science subjects but her parents made her sit for it. She purposely failed all the papers so far to show her protest.
This time is no exception.

“Well there is a reason for that,” replied the teacher.

“You failed.”

Rhian chuckled, “As expected.”

“But I’m going to make sure you pass,” added Madam Reyes.

Rhian raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean? I failed didn’t I? So let’s leave it at that so that I can drop this subject-

“No one ever fails in my class,” Madam Reyes cuts in.

“I’m going to make sure you pass it too.”

“Bu-But teacher-

“I’ve talked to your parents and they have agreed to let you come to school during summer break next week.”

“Wh-Why should I go to school on summer break?! I already made plans-

“You must come to finish your project report. Your report carries 40% of the marks so if you submitted it to me by next week you will pass this subject.”

Rhian was left speechless.

“To make it easy for you, I’ll assign someone to help you,” said the teacher, smiling.

“Ms. Galura,” she called.

Glaiza was startled, as she didn’t expect to be called at such time. She awkwardly stood up from her chair and looked at her teacher. She could feel eyes were watching her so she pulled the hem of her uniform so that it will look proper. Her uniform felt a bit tight so she slightly held her breath to tuck in her stomach.

“Ye-Yes teacher?” she replied as she pushed the glasses that was falling from her nose.

“Ms. Galura, you got the highest marks.”

“Not only in this class, but the whole form,” added Madam Reyes.

Glaiza’s lips crept up to a smile, couldn’t held back her happiness.

But it didn’t last long.

“That’s why I want you to assist Rhian in completing her project report,” continued the teacher.

Glaiza was dumbfounded. Then she saw Rhian glancing at her and their eyes met for a brief second. But Glaiza quickly looked away.

She was afraid she couldn’t contain the pounding in her heart.

**

Glaiza was early at the lab that Monday morning. It was the first day of summer break but she was at the school to help Rhian with her report. She wore the best clothes she have in her wardrobe, the one that doesn’t make her look too plump. She also neatly tied her hair to a ponytail and let a few strands of hair fell on the left side of her face; her best profile. She had checked it repeatedly in the mirror to make sure she looked the prettiest she could.