Invisible 007

Enjoy! ❤

****

Chapter Seven

“So Miss Glaiza, you know Rhian?” asked Bianca.

Glaiza had to look up at the girl in front of her because of the height difference. She glanced at Rhian who was standing behind Bianca, hoping she would help her with things to say.

“Yes I know her…” she said, glancing at Rhian again.

Rhian seemed calm, “Tell her you’re my personal assistant.”

“I’m her personal assistant,” she added.

Bianca raised an eyebrow, “PA? But Rhian doesn’t have a PA anymore. She fired the fifth one 2 months ago.”

“Er… She just hired me. I’m new!” replied Glaiza with a nervous laugh.

“Really? She never told me about you before. That’s odd. And she let you drive her car too?”

Glaiza smiled and nodded.

Bianca crossed her arms, “If you really are her PA, tell me where she is right now. I can’t contact her for a few days now.”

Rhian scoffed, “B, . I’ve been missing for almost a week and only now you cared? I thought you and Lovi already concluded that I’m on some beach, sipping coconut drinks.”

“She’s currently on the beach, sipping coconut drinks!” said Glaiza bluntly.

Bianca looked at her, surprised.

“She’s really on the beach?!”

Rhian face-palmed, “Geez, pale face! Why the heck did you tell her that I’m on the beach? It was sarcasm!”

Glaiza gulped.

“When will she come back? Why didn’t she contact me?” asked Bianca continuously.

“I don’t know,” replied Glaiza blankly.

Bianca scoffed, “Are you really Rhian’s PA? You don’t even know her schedule!”

“Of-Of course I’m her PA!”

The taller girl stared at Glaiza, “Maybe you’re a car thief who’s just posing as her PA to get away from this crime.”

“I’m not a car thief!”

“Then prove it to me. Prove to me that you’re her PA.”

“Eh? How…”

“Tell me something about her that the public didn’t know about.”

Glaiza gulped again.

“Tell me something and maybe I’ll believe you then.”

Glaiza glanced at Rhian, hoping for her help.

“Tell her I have beautiful skin!”

Rhian shrugged, “Sorry, I can’t think of one right now!”

Glaiza rolled her eyes.

“Tell me or I’ll surrender you to the police” threatened Bianca.

They both looked at each other, not saying anything. But Glaiza knew that she meant every word.

“Rhian… has a small birthmark on her left arm,” said Glaiza suddenly. The image of  Rhian lying on her bed only in her undergarment flashed in her mind. That’s when she saw that birthmark.

Bianca was shocked.

“She always covers the birthmark with makeup so people didn’t know about it,” added Glaiza.

Bianca nodded, “Okay. Though that was never made public, her fan café is well aware of her birthmark. So that’s not really a secret. Tell me something else.”

Glaiza gulped, “That’s not enough? I-

“You don’t know anything else, right? Her schedules, her work and relationship?” asked Bianca to the nervous Glaiza.

Glaiza looked down on the floor as sweat was trickling down her forehead.

“I knew it,” said Bianca.

“So you’re just a car thief.”

“Wa-Wait! I do know something!” said Glaiza all of the sudden.

Rhian raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“I know something about her and I think people didn’t know about.”

Bianca looked at her, waiting.

Glaiza took a deep breath before continuing.

“I know that… when she was in high school, she had her first pet.”

Rhian looked at Glaiza, curious. But Glaiza was avoiding her eyes. She fixed her gaze at Bianca as she continued.

“It was a butterfly.”

Bianca’s eyes widened, shocked. Rhian’s too.

“How-How did you know about that?”

“I told you I’m her personal assistant,” replied Glaiza, dismissing the topic.

**

Rhian insisted to stay at the guest house even though Glaiza told her repeatedly that they were fully booked for that night. She threatened  Glaiza to make an appearance as a poltergeist to terrorize other guests if she wasn’t allowed to sleep there.  Glaiza had no choice but to give in.

After a warm shower and changing into a set of pajamas that she had already packed in her car, she lay on Glaiza’s bed with a script book in her hands.  Glaiza entered the room and frowned when she saw her comfort territory had been breached, yet again.

“Get off my bed. I want to sleep,” she said.

Rhian moved further back, leaving enough space for another person on the bed. She patted the mattress.

“Let’s share,” she said casually.

Glaiza bit her lip, trying to hide her blush.

“No. The bed is too small for two!” she retorted.

Rhian rolled her eyes, “Don’t worry; I won’t grope you in your sleep. There isn’t much to grope anyway.”

Glaiza sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Why do you insist on staying here? You have a huge house.”

“I like it here. It’s comfortable,” Rhian replied without glancing from her script book.

Glaiza’s eye lids were closing and she couldn’t fight her sleepiness anymore. Soon, she climbed onto the bed and lay next to Rhian. They both lay there, not saying anything. Rhian was still studying her script, while Glaiza was trying to sleep with her eyes open.

“What are you reading?” she asked, as she peeked at Rhian’s script.

“My drama script. They gave the script to the pilot episode in our first meeting. I have to get into the character before filming starts.”

“Oooh, interesting. What is your role?”

Rhian glanced at her side and their eyes met. She chuckled.

“What’s wrong?”

“From this distance, I fully see your thick eyebrows. I thought they were charcoal.”

Glaiza hit Rhian’s arm. But the latter laughed even more.

“So what is your role in the drama?” asked Glaiza again.

Rhian stopped laughing and continued, “I’m the second lead female character. She appears tough and mean but she’s actually sensitive and soft-hearted inside. She fell in love with a person she never thought she would and tried to deny her feelings.”

“That’s… interesting. So what happens in the end? Will she accept her feelings for the person or continue to deny it?”

“I don’t know. They only gave us the script for the pilot episode.”

Rhian continued to study her script while Glaiza’s face was getting closer to hers as she peek the content of her script.

“I know you love me,” said Glaiza abruptly.

Rhian turned her head at her, puzzled.

“What the hell, pale face? You have feelings for me?”

Glaiza’s face turned red immediately.

“Not like that! I was reading the script! That part!” said Glaiza, pointing at a line.

“Ah, that part. I thought you were confessing to me and that’s just weird okay.”

“Why on earth would I be confessing to you?!”

Rhian smirked, “Who knows? Maybe you’re considering my suggestion for a physical connection…”

Glaiza suddenly grabbed Rhian pajama’s collar, “Do you wanna die?”

“Okay! Okay! I won’t bring it up again! Geez what’s with the mobster voice tone?”

Glaiza released her grip on Rhian’s collar and turned her back at her. She pulled up the blanket and closed her eyes, getting ready to sleep.

“Hey pale face.”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry.”

Glaiza’s eyes shot open. It was her second time saying sorry.

“For causing troubles for you with the police and Bianca today. It was my fault.”

“It’s okay. Now go to sleep. I have to wake up at 7 tomorrow,” said Glaiza as a smile crept up her face.

Rhian put away her script book on the desk and they turned off the light.

“Hey pale face,” she called again.

“Hmm…” Glaiza was already half-asleep.

“How did you know about the butterfly?”

Rhian waited for a reply but after a while there was nothing. She looked at Glaiza and her eyes were closed shut. She even snored.

“You’re asleep?” she asked.

There was no answer from the sleeping girl. Rhian turned in the spot and soon she drifted into slumber.

But Glaiza wasn’t really sleeping.

**

Glaiza had a dream that night.

In her dream, she went to the drama’s script reading recital and the reporters were there. She was pictured with the rest of the cast. She also delivered her lines nicely that the PD and the senior actors were impressed.

Then suddenly Lovi came through a door that appeared from nowhere, her arms linked with Bianca’s. They both looked at Rhian and started laughing.

“Rhi, you won’t get the role because they can’t cast an invisible person!” said Bianca with a laugh.

“It doesn’t matter how good you act, no one can see you. You’re nothing, you’re insignificant,” added Lovi.

They both continued to laugh while Rhian tried to open her mouth and curse them. But her body was frozen and she couldn’t move a muscle. The sound of their laughs soon suffocated her, and she found it hard to breathe.

Rhian’s eyes shot open and she sat straight up in the bed. She woke up, her heart was racing so fast and her body was wet with sweat. She calmed herself down.

It’s just a nightmare.

Then she felt something around her waist and looked at it. It was Glaiza’s hand, holding her as if she was a bolster. The girl was still sleeping.

She was going to push her off the bed but then she didn’t. Soon, she found herself smiling as she was staring at Glaiza’s sleeping face. She poked her pale cheeks and touched her visible eyebrows. She laughed. She still found Glaiza’s eyebrows hilarious. Unknowingly, she traced her cheeks and tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ears. When she realized what she was doing, she stopped it immediately. She didn’t know why she did it.

She gulped and then kicked Glaiza off the bed on purpose.

“Owwww!” shrieked Glaiza after a few seconds she fell on the floor.

She looked at the bed and saw Rhian who was smirking.

“Why did you that for?!”

“It’s Rhian Howell’s special kick-up call. It’s better than an alarm clock, don’t you think?”

“What the-

“Look at the clock and you’ll thank me,” Rhian cut in.

Glaiza glanced at the clock on her desk and hurriedly got on her feet. It was almost time for her shift and though she hated to admit it, she had to thank Rhian for the kick-up call.

“You’re welcome,” said Rhian nonchalant.

Glaiza grunted as she wobbled on her on her way to the bathroom. Rhian snorted and picked up the script book by the bedside. There was only one day left till the meeting with the rest of the cast at the script reading. She wanted to be prepared.

She flipped it open to a random page.

But suddenly she couldn’t read a thing.

She just stared at it, dumbfounded.

Then Lovi’s voice from her nightmare echoed in her head.

“It doesn’t matter how good you act, no one can see you. You’re nothing, you’re insignificant,”

She gulped.

I’m nothing.

I’m insignificant.

I’m invisible.

No.

She closed the script book and threw it on the floor. She got off the bed and rushed to the mirror on the wall.

Maybe today I’m back to normal.

Maybe today I can see my own reflection.

But when she stood in front of the mirror, she was devastated, again. She still couldn’t see herself.

She fell on her knees.

She bit her lip and tears were brimming in her eyes.

**

When Glaiza got out from the bathroom, Rhian wasn’t in the room. The bed was untidy but her dirty clothes are still there. Glaiza shrugged and quickly changed into her working clothes, which was a pair of jeans and a green t-shirt with their guest house logo on it. She then tidied up the bed and picked up Rhian’s clothes for laundry. Then she saw a blue book on the floor. It was under the desk and she wondered how it got there. She picked it up.

It was Rhian’s drama script book.

She wondered where she went.

And unknowingly, she was a bit worried.

**

Glaiza went to the laundry room to wash Rhian’s clothes. She bumped into Chynna there.

“Hey, morning best friend ,” Chynna greeted.

Glaiza smiled, “Morning. Okay, you can take a rest now. I’ll take it from here.”

Chynna nodded and walked to the door. But then she stopped.

“Hey Cha, I think I forgot something.”

“What is it?”

“That’s the problem, I don’t know what it is but I think it’s something important and… shocking.”

Glaiza chuckled.

“Do you know what it is that I’m forgetting?” she asked again.

“How am I supposed to know that?”

Chynna pressed her temples and shook her head, “I forgot what it is… but it’s something huge…”

She continued to mumble as she left.

Glaiza smiled and proceeded with the laundry. She put Rhian’s clothes into the washing machine. She checked the pocket of Rhian’s pants if there were important things that could be destroyed during the wash before putting them with other clothes.

She found a piece of paper.

It read, “Drama script reading, 11 am.”

There was also the date and venue of the event which was at a luxurious hotel near city center.

“This is for tomorrow,” Glaiza muttered. She didn’t know why but she had a bad feeling about this.

She took the note and put the jeans into the washing machine.

She rushed out of there to look for Rhian.

**

Glaiza checked all of the vacant rooms at the first and second floor but she still couldn’t find Rhian. She went downstairs to see if she was lounging at her favorite green couch, but she wasn’t there either. Then she went to the food pantry, but only found Chynna heating up leftover sandwich with the microwave.

“It’s my breakfast. Don’t judge me,” said Chynna.

But Glaiza didn’t hang around to chat. She exited the pantry and looked outside of the clear glass of the front door. She saw someone sitting on one of the chairs at the porch, and that person was wearing a familiar looking grey cardigan.

She put on a pair of slippers and went outside.

She found Rhian. She was sitting on the garden chair, and she was still wearing her pajamas. She put on Glaiza’s cardigan that she found in the room and was also wearing a pair of green indoor slippers. Glaiza noticed that she was holding something in her lap. It was a tabby kitten.

Rhian glanced at Glaiza as she approached. But she didn’t seem pleased with having company. She continued to stroke the cat and looked away.

Glaiza sat at another chair beside her, not saying anything. Rhian was frowning and she seemed scary.

“The cat can see you?” asked Glaiza, curious.

Rhian shrugged, “I guess.”

“So animals can see you?” asked Glaiza.

“I-

“Ahhhhchoooo!” Glaiza suddenly sneezed.

Her nose had turned red. Rhian couldn’t help but think she looks like Ronald McDonald without eyebrows.

“Sorry, I have cat allergy…” she said, rubbing her pink nose.

Rhian held the kitten closer and suppressed her smile. She was supposed to be in an emo mood but Glaiza came and almost ruined it. 

“What are you doing out here?” she asked after a while.

“Sitting on a chair,” replied Rhian flatly.

“With a cat,” she added.

Glaiza chuckled but the latter remained serious.

She cleared her throat and changed the topic, “That’s my favorite cardigan you’re wearing.”

Rhian looked at the cardigan and snorted.

“I know it’s not pretty or nice, but it’s comfortable to wear,” added Glaiza.

“It’s hideous.”

“Yet you’re wearing it.”

“It’s because I’m invisible.”

They both fell silent.

“Can you just pretend not to see me?” asked Rhian.

Glaiza was shocked.

Rhian added, “I mean, isn’t it what you want? You wished that I’m invisible to you too?”

“Hey Rhi, what is wrong with you?”

“Just leave me alone. I just want to be alone.”

Glaiza sighed, “Why?”

“Why not? Why can’t you just leave me alone? I’m giving you what you want!” Rhian shouted.

Glaiza gulped.

“So treat me like I’m invisible just like everyone else!”

****

Nkalimutan ko iupdate kanina pa sana to hahaha.sorry guys.after kasi ng chapter 7.diretso ko na ginawa next chapter so late update hahahaha..mamayang gabi uupdate ko nalang ulit chapter 8..😁😁😁

Salamat sa mga votes and views.malaking bagay na yan sakin kasi kahit papaano eh may mga nagbabasa pa dn 😁 later ulit..