Invisible 010

So eto na nga. Hehe. Enjoy reading ❤

*****

Chapter Ten

Rhian firmly gripped Glaiza’s right arm as they strolled the streets together. Glaiza was far from feeling sleepy with the taller girl glued to her. She was standing so close to her until she could feel the warmth emitting from her body. Or maybe it was herself, blushing.

As they walked, they soon reached a building with a signage, Cinema. It was the infamous cinema complex at Han Street, the building that was built since 1955 and had been restored in 2001. It is now a large movie theatre complex with state of the art seats and sound system.

“Let’s watch a movie!” Rhian suddenly suggested.

“A movie?”

“Yes! It’s been a while since I went to an open place like this. Let’s go there!” said Rhian, excitedly dragging Glaiza towards the large movie theater.

Glaiza couldn’t protest as the invisible girl dragged her towards the building.

**

“What movie are we going to watch?” asked Glaiza. She reached her bag to get her purse.

Rhian looked at her weirdly, “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to buy us tickets. How else are we going to watch a movie then?”

Rhian let out a pretentious laugh, “Ha. Ha. Ha.”

“Pale face, why are you so naïve? I thought people like you only existed in text books and public service announcements.”

“Hey, I don’t think that’s a compliment…”

“Just keep your purse in your bag. Today’s movie is on me. Just pick a movie and I’ll get us inside.”

Glaiza raised her eyebrows, “It’s your treat? This is so fishy. Why are you being so nice all of the sudden? I’m still not going to agree to the physical connection…”

Rhian scoffed, “Pale face, we’re not at a fish market, how could you think this is fishy?  And physical connection? Oh my god.”

“Now that I think about it, you’re the one who keeps bringing it up. Are you by any chance, regretting your rejection of my offer-

She didn’t manage to finish her sentence when her left foot was stomped by something heavy and hard.

She looked down, and saw Glaiza’s thick boot on her left foot.

“OWWWWW!”

“I’ve told you not to bring it up again!”

“But you’re the one who mentioned it first!”

“Be-Because you’re suddenly being nice and it’s suspicious!”

Rhian was limping on one foot as she retorted, “Nothing is suspicious about it! I just want to take you to movies to thank you!”

“Thank me?”

Rhian bit her lip and looked away, ignoring the question.

Glaiza’s lip crept up, suppressing her smile.

“Okay fine, since you let me choose the movie, I want to watch The Croods.”

“The Croods?”

Glaiza nodded and pointed at the poster, which was the latest DreamWorks family animation movie.

“A cartoon?”

“Yes. I’ve always wanted to watch it.”

“Geez, how old are you?”

“Cartoons are not just for kids!”

“Nah, let’s watch something more adult like… ah, Olympus Has Fallen!”

Glaiza scoffed, “I don’t want to watch that! You said that I can pick any movie!”

“I didn’t expect you to pick a cartoon! Oh come on, there’s no way we’re gonna watch that.”

**

Rhian was the one who laughed the loudest in the movie hall. She even beat the kids.

“Oh my gosh Grug is so stooopid!” she said, nudging Glaiza who was sitting next to her.

“Look who’s enjoying the childish cartoon now…” Glaiza murmured.

However Rhian didn’t hear her as she was so immersed in watching the movie. Glaiza glanced at Rhian, and she couldn’t help but smile. It was the first time she’d seen Rhian like this. It was like her inner-child had been unleashed.

Glaiza leaned her back against her seat, though it was a bit difficult since her arms were still linked with Rhian’s. They had to stay invisible, since Rhian didn’t even pay for the entrance ticket. Even though Glaiza was protesting her idea of not paying, Rhian dragged her into the hall and they sat at the vacant seats anyway.

While Rhian was enjoying the movie so much, Glaiza couldn’t even stay awake. She only slept for less than 3 hours and now her eyelids were closing as the movie progressed. And soon she fell asleep.

Rhian gasped as the movie changed to the scene where the main character had to separate from his family. It was a touching scene. She tried so hard to not to let the tears fall from her eyes. But soon it did. She quickly wiped it before Glaiza noticed.

“I think this theatre is dusty, there’s something in my eyes…” she said, wiping her eyes.

Suddenly, she felt a weight on her right shoulder.

She turned to look at her side.

Glaiza fell asleep.

With her head on her shoulder.

Rhian scoffed, “Geez pale face, are you serious? Who sleeps in the cinema?”

She lifted her left hand and was ready to flick the sleeping girl’s forehead.

“You think my shoulder is a pillow?” she mumbled.

Her finger was on her forehead.

But she didn’t flick it.

Instead, she stared at Glaiza’s face.

She wasn’t sure how long it had been, but she couldn’t seem to take her eyes off her. The lights were switched on and the ending song, Shine Your Way echoed in the hall. She didn’t even know how the story ended.

“What the-

Rhian looked away and shook her head.

She bit her lip.

And then she glanced at Glaiza again.

She reached into her bag and took out a black marker pen.

**

“Ahh, I fell asleep. How was the movie?” Glaiza asked as they went out from the hall.

Rhian shrugged, “Some kid movie. Lame.”

“Hmm, I wonder who was the one who laughed so much watching the lame kid movie?”

Rhian rolled her eyes, “So some scenes are funny, so what?”

Glaiza sighed, “You’re Highnosethickskinned indeed.”

“Hey pale face, what did you just call me?!”

Glaiza shrugged, “What? I said I’m going to the toilet for a bit. Wait for me here, okay?”

Rhian nodded, “Just go.”

But Glaiza stood still.

“Why are you still here?”

“Umm… You’re still holding my arm.”

Rhian noticed that she was still gripping tight on Glaiza’s left arm. She quickly let her go and turned around.

“Go. But… be quick,” she said, with her back facing the shorter girl.

“Okay,” Glaiza nodded and turned around to walk to the toilet.

She didn’t see the blush on Rhian’s face.

Rhian sat on one of the benches near the toilet as she waited. She sighed a few times and stared blankly at the wall. A few seconds passed.

Suddenly a scream was heard from the woman’s toilet.

Rhian’s mouth crept up into a mischievous grin.

Glaiza marched out from the toilet, panicked and angry. She walked towards Rhian with her hands covering her eyebrows.

“That was fast,” said Rhian, teasing.

Glaiza stomped her feet and stared furiously at Rhian.

“DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!” she said, pointed at her eyebrows.

Her eyebrows were very veeeery thick.

Because they were drawn with… black ink.

“Hey I was just helping you by drawing you some eyebrows! And it looks good on you!”

“I LOOK LIKE CRAYON SHIN CHAN!”

Rhian burst out laughing.

Glaiza was staring at her, angry.

“Rhian Howell, you’re always mean to me! Why do you always treat me like this?!”

Rhian stopped laughing and looked at the latter. She saw the tears that were brimming in her eyes.

People around them were staring at Glaiza, because to them she was shouting to the air. Glaiza blinked and tears rolled down her cheeks. She wiped them with her hands and glared at Rhian. Rhian froze as the girl turned around and walked away from her.

She gulped.

“Glai, . I-

“I-

She paused.

She couldn’t find the words.

People were staring at Glaiza as she passed by them. Glaiza tried to act normal but it was hard to hide her thick ink eyebrows. She entered an elevator and luckily it was empty. When the door was about to close, someone blocked it just in time.

It was Rhian.

She entered the elevator and stood opposite Glaiza.

Glaiza crossed her arms and looked away. They didn’t say anything to each other as the elevator went down. The elevator stopped after 3 floors. Glaiza covered her face with her hands, not wanting her ink-painted brows to be seen by people who was about to enter. The elevator door opened, and suddenly Rhian walked over to the pale girl. She wrapped her arms around the latter’s shoulders from behind.

Glaiza was startled, “Wh-What are you doing?!”

Rhian didn’t say anything but tightened her arms around Glaiza. Three people entered the elevator.  They talked among themselves and did not even glance at them.

“They can’t see you now,” Rhian whispered.

As expected, they didn’t see them.

**

Glaiza sat on her bed, trying to get the ink off her face with a piece of dampened cloth. Rhian was standing by her awkwardly. They cancelled their plans to have lunch because of Rhian’s eyebrows prank.

It was hard for Glaiza to wash the ink off without a mirror. She kept on scrubbing randomly. The ink was slowly fading, but her forehead had turned red from the constant scrubbing.

Suddenly, Rhian came in front of Glaiza and kneeled down.

“Let me help,” she said.

She grabbed Glaiza’s hand. The latter let her take the damp cloth from her hand. Rhian leaned closer and wiped the ink from Glaiza’s left eyebrow.

“Are you still angry at me?” she asked.

Glaiza huffed, but not replying.

“It was just a joke. I didn’t know you’ll be this angry.”

Rhian looked right into Glaiza’s eyes, making the latter gulped.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

The tone of her voice was calm and low, and for the first time Glaiza felt like it was the sincerest apology she heard from her.

Glaiza was stunned at first, but soon she smiled and nodded.

“Just don’t do such things again. I hate it when you humiliate me in public, like you always do-

She paused when she noticed Rhian staring at her.

“Just don’t do it again, or I won’t help you anymore,” she quickly said, dismissing the topic.

But Rhian still fixed her gaze on her.

“Wh-Why are you looking at me like that?”

Rhian didn’t reply. She removed her hand from Glaiza’s eyebrows and dipped the cloth into a cup of water.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked.

“What is it?”

Rhian slowly looked up and their eyes met.

“How did you know about the butterfly?”

Glaiza gulped.

She looked down and gulped again.

“You said you know about the butterfly. How?” Rhian asked again.

“It..

“It was…

“It was a wild guess.”

Rhian raised an eyebrow.

“A wild guess?”

Glaiza nodded, “Ye-Yes.”

“A butterfly as a pet is a wild guess?”

Rhian leaned forward and wiped the ink on Glaiza’s eyebrows again. It was almost clean.

“A wild guess for a pet are cats, dogs, or rabbits. But butterfly?”

Glaiza froze.

“It’s either you’re really lucky at guessing something randomly or-

She paused. They looked at each other.

“Or?” asked Glaiza.

“Or this is not the first time we’ve encountered each other,” replied Rhian, serious.

They looked into each other’s eyes again and no words were spoken. Glaiza could feel her cheeks heating up and her heart was bursting out of her chest.

Glaiza was the first to break the eye contact, “Do-Don’t look at me like that. It’s uncomfortable.”

Rhian cleared her throat and looked away, “I-I was just looking at my own reflection. In your eyes.”

It suddenly became awkward between them.

And it was saved by a phone call.

“That’s my phone,” said Glaiza as she stood up to look for her phone. The ringing continued but she couldn’t find her phone.

“Where is it?” she mumbled as she circled in her small room.

She turned around and suddenly bumped onto Rhian who was standing behind her. Rhian grabbed her waist, preventing her from falling down.

Glaiza  wasn’t comfortable with the distance, and so was Rhian. They parted almost immediately.

She finally found her phone that accidentally slid under the pillow. It was still ringing.

She picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Miss Galura. This is Dr. Sally.”

“Dr. Sally?!” she exclaimed as she looked at Rhian.

“Put her on speaker! I want to hear too!”

Glaiza pushed the button and put her on speaker mode.

“About your friend’s case of invisibility…

“Yes?!”

“I think I’ve found a way to cure it.”

*****

Hohoho..how to cure it? Well, abangan..

I just wanna say thank you guys sa pagtangkilik sa fanfiction na to..magbasa lang kayo masaya na ako.and sana napapalawak ko yung imaginations nio. Kung nafefeel nio man ung story, habang gngawa ko to eh yun din nafefeel ko.. so yeah. Thank you guys 😁😍