Invisible 008

Oh myyyy.. I'm so sorry for not be able to update.nagkaaberya sa internet connection haaay..bawi nalang ako ng 3 chapters today.. 😁

Enjoy ❤

*******

Chapter Eight

“Just leave me alone. I just want to be alone.”

Glaiza sighed, “Why?”

“Why not? Why can’t you just leave me alone? I’m giving you what you want!” Rhian shouted.

Glaiza gulped.

“So treat me like I’m invisible just like how everyone else does!”

The cat on Rhian’s lap was startled by her shout and jumped off her lap.

Glaiza sighed, “Why are you being like this?”

“Why do you care? Just get the hell away from me!”

Glaiza couldn’t take it anymore. She scoffed, “I’m not going to ignore you just because you want me to!”

“You can’t keep telling me to leave then come back asking for my help! I don’t want to leave you! I’m going to help you because I want to and there’s nothing you can do to push me away!”

“Hoy! Pale face-

“YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, RHIAN HOWELL!”

Rhian gulped, speechless. And then they both looked at each other, not saying anything.

“HAVE YOU HAD YOUR BREAKFAST YET?!” asked Glaiza, still shouting.

Rhian shook her head, “No-Not yet.”

“GET INSIDE AND SHOWER WHILE I PREPARE BREAKFAST FOR US!”

“Ok-okay,” Rhian scrambled to her feet and ran inside the guesthouse.

Once Glaiza went back inside, Chynna was staring at her with a weird look on her face. She was sitting at the counter with an empty plate of her leftover sandwich.

“Huy Cha,” she called.

“What’s up?”

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yes. I’m the one who should be asking that to you. That sandwich you ate was from 2 days ago!”

“Don’t change the topic! I saw you out there. Why were you talking to yourself?” she asked.

Glaiza sighed and knocked Chynna’s head with her knuckles.

“Hey! Why you did that?”

“Try to remember that thing you forget! I don’t want to explain it to you again. It’s tiring!”

**

Glaiza brought two cups of coffee and four slices of freshly toasted bread in a tray. She opened the door of her room and found Rhian sitting on the floor. She had already cleaned up and looked much better.

Glaiza opened the small folded table and put it in front of her. And then she put their tray of breakfast on the table.

“Here, coffee and toasts,” said Glaiza, handing over her cup and toasts.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you this morning,” she added.

“Whatever,” said Rhian before picking up the cup in front of her. She began sniffing at the aroma of the drink.

“What is this?” she asked.

“Instant coffee, why?”

“Eww, instant coffee?Eww.”

Glaiza raised an eyebrow, “What’s wrong with instant coffee?”

Rhian put the cup back on the table and shook her head, “How can anyone drink instant coffee?”

“Umm, why not?”

“It’s instant. Coffee should be properly ground and brewed, not packed in plastic and mixed with sugar and stuff,” she added.

Glaiza took a sip from her cup and smiled.

“But it tastes great. So your argument doesn’t matter.”

“How can it taste good? You’re lying.”

“Really? Then you should try and see for yourself if I’m lying.”

“No way.”

“Have you even tasted instant coffee before?”

Rhian shook her head, “No.”

“Then you should try it!” Glaiza persuaded and pushed the cup closer to her.

Rhian looked at the cup in front of her, gulping. The aroma was inviting but she was holding back because of her pride.

Someone like her doesn’t simply drink instant coffee. She’s Rhian Howell.

**

Rhian put down her empty cup on the table. She noticed Glaiza was watching her with her teasing smirks but she ignored her. She never knew instant coffee tasted good.

“Why were you emo-ing at the front porch?” asked Glaiza suddenly.

“I wasn’t emo-ing.”

“Yes you were.”

“No. I was just sitting on the chair and petting the cat.”

“Cat huh?”

Then silence filled the atmosphere.

“It’s the drama script reading tomorrow,” said Rhian, breaking the silence.

“If I didn’t turn up tomorrow, they will replace me with another actress. Maybe to some talentless idols who say their lines with only one expression through 16 episodes,” she added.

Glaiza glanced at her.

“I’m going to lose the role. They can’t cast someone who is invisible,” Rhian continued with a laugh.

Glaiza cleared her throat, “Hmm maybe Dr. Sally will give us a call today. She might be able to fix this…”

“Stop trying to make me feel better, pale face. We both know she’s a fraud.”

Glaiza kept mum.

Rhian sighed, “Why am I invisible? Why? I don’t get it, why me?”

“I haven’t seen myself for a week! It’s already a torture that I’m invisible to others, but I’m invisible to myself too?! This is too cruel! What did I do to deserve this?!”

“I can’t see myself in the mirror… I forgot how I look like…”

“You’re beautiful,” said Glaiza all of the sudden.

Rhian looked up and their eyes met.

“You look beautiful as always, so don’t worry,” repeated Glaiza with an awkward smile.

Rhian didn’t say anything; she just stared at Glaiza with no expression. Suddenly, she pushed the small table aside and moved closer to Glaiza.

“What’s wrong?”

Rhian grabbed Glaiza’s arms and she moved to her until their knees touched. Her eyes were still fixed on her.

“Rhi-rhian, what are you doing?”

Rhian didn’t say anything as she cupped Glaiza’s face. She firmly held her face as she inched her face closer to hers. Glaiza froze when the tip of Rhian’s nose was almost touching hers.

“Rh-rhi…”

“Your eyes…” said Rhian, whispering. Glaiza could smell the coffee in her breath. She was blushing madly as Rhian continued to fix her gaze on her though they’re only inches away.

“I can see myself in your eyes,” she added.

“Eh?”

“I see myself… in the reflection of your eyes,” said Rhian.

She let her go and Glaiza saw the corner of her mouth crept up. Tears were brimming in her eyes but she turned around just in time to avoid from being seen by the latter.

“I’ve checked everything, the mirror, the glass doors, anything that reflects light but I can’t see myself. But then in your eyes…”

She paused.

“Glai, who are you?” she asked suddenly.

She looked at her with the glistens in her eyes. Glaiza froze.

“Why are you making me-

She paused.

And then she suddenly got up from the floor and left the room.

**

Glaiza waited in the room hoping for Rhian to return, but after almost half an hour, she still didn’t come through the door. Unable to sit still and ignore her worries, Glaiza went out to look for her.

She wasn’t at the second floor, or the first floor. When Glaiza reached the ground floor, she saw one of her staff who was supposed to be on watch sleeping at the counter with her earphones on. Glaiza was about to wake her up with a smack on her head when she saw someone’s figure lying on the couch.

Rhian.

Glaiza wanted to go to her, but after a step forward, she stopped. She saw Rhian’s shoulders heaving up and down as she pressed her face onto the pillow.

She was crying.

**

Glaiza gave Rhian her space for the whole day. She let Rhian sit on the green sofa and looked out of the window. They didn’t talk to each other but Glaiza was keeping her eyes on her every now and then. And she was still on the couch. She even fell asleep there.

Rhian woke up the next morning with the surprising weight on her legs. She kicked the weight and sprung up from the seat. Suddenly her eyes met with a girl with colorful hair. For a moment Rhian really thought she saw her, but then she looked away and rubbed her bottom and shrugged. So she was still invisible. Rhian recognized her as Glaiza’s best friend but she didn’t remember her name. She decided to call her Rainbow instead.

Rhian casually sat on the sofa, next to Rainbow. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

“What time is it, Rainbow?” she asked.

She glanced at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was already half past eight. She glanced at Chynna and saw her sipping a cup of coffee.

“Is that instant coffee?” she asked.

Chynna who couldn’t see her continued to take another sip.

“Ah, I want a cup too. I’m hungry.”

“Pale face, I want my breakfast…”

Then she realized that Glaiza wasn’t around. She glanced around her and the particular pale face she was looking for wasn’t anywhere in sight. She got up from the sofa and went to search for her.

She checked the front porch, and the laundry room but Glaiza wasn’t there. She went back inside through the door, ignoring Chynna’s shocked expression as she saw the door opening and closing by itself. Rhian then entered the pantry but she was disappointed again.

Though she tried to deny it, she was worried. She quickly made her way up to search for Glaiza in her room. She turned the knob and it was unlocked. She smiled, thinking that Glaiza was inside and barged into the room.

But Glaiza wasn’t there.

The room was clean and tidy.

Rhian gulped. She made her way to the edge of the bed and slumped herself on the mattress.

“Where is this pale face? Did she go back to Zombieland or something?” she mumbled.

She gritted her teeth, “She should at least tell me if she’s going somewhere!”

She was angry but she wasn’t sure why. Maybe she hated it that she has no one to talk to. Maybe she felt lonely without her and she hated feeling this way. She is Rhian Howell. She always has people by her side and this feeling is new to her.

Rhian lay on the bed and then purposely messed up the neat covers. She pulled out the blanket and covers and threw it on the floor. In a matter of seconds, the neat bed turned into a battlefield. Rhian smiled in satisfaction after thrashing Glaiza’s bed.

“That’s what you get for leaving me alone! Hahahaha!”

But her voice echoed to herself. The next sound she heard was her own stomach growling.

She settled on breakfast with a bar of chocolate and canned juice she found in one of Glaiza’s drawer. 

She went back to the ground floor only to find her green couch occupied with guests. She grunted and went outside to sit on the porch. The tabby cat from yesterday came and circled Rhian’s legs. She picked it up and put it in her lap.

“Hey cat, do you know where pale face had gone to?”

“I’ve thrashed her room but it’s not fun since she’s not here to get mad at me.”

“How could she leave me alone like this? Especially today, when I should be at the script reading right now…”

She paused as tears escaped the corner of her eyes. She wiped it with her fingers.

“She should be here and cheer me up, that super thick eyebrows pale skin person…” she mumbled.

**

A number of reporters and photographers were gathering at the lobby of a hotel. They were all waiting to cover the first script reading of the highly anticipated drama ‘That Spring, The Flower Blooms’. It will be the first time all the cast gathered before the official press conference and filming.

The directors, scriptwriters and cast were inside one of the conference room, getting prepared with seats arrangements before they open for reporters and photographers.

“We can’t keep them waiting like this. Let’s just start,” said the main producer.

“But we’re still missing one of the main actress, can’t we wait for a bit more?” asked Bianca who was also present. She was supposed to turn up with Rhian.

“Who? Rhian?”

Bianca nodded.

“I understand that you want to keep her in the cast, but if she didn’t turn up today, we’ll have to change her to someone else,” replied the producer.

“But-

“We have no choice. Even you, who are closest to her, don’t know her whereabouts and we’ve not even started with filming yet. What happens when we start filming? Will she continue to come and go as she pleases on set?” he cut in.

Bianca didn’t know what else to say. Rhian’s diva attitude was well known amongst the people in the industry. If it wasn’t because of  Bianca’s connection with the producer, Rhian wouldn’t even be casted. But Rhian didn’t know that.

The producers, directors and cast took their seats around the table. And books of script were distributed along to each of them.

“I think we can let the reporters come in now,” said the producer.

Suddenly, a man came and whispered something to the producer’s ear.

“You said that someone claims she’s bringing a message from Rhian Howell?” he asked.

Bianca looked at him, shocked.

“Rhian’s new personal assistant is here with a message from her. Do you know anything about this, Biancs?” he asked, glancing at Bianca.

Bianca gulped, “Well, I know she has a new personal assistant…”

“Let her in,” said the producer.

The door was opened slightly and a young woman entered the conference room. She was looking a bit out of place, with her cardigan and boots. Her hair was tied into a bun, revealing small face and wide forehead. Her very fair skin radiated and her eyebrows were obviously too visible. In other words, she didn’t look like someone who worked with Rhian Howell.  Bianca looked at the familiar looking girl as she approached them.

“Miss Glaiza Galura?”

“You know her?”

“Yes,” replied Bianca, nodding.

Glaiza bowed her head slightly at the producer and Bianca, “Hi, good afternoon I am Glaiza Galura…”

The producer crossed his arms, “So you’re Rhian Howell’s PA? What’s the message she wanted to deliver for me? I will still cancel her casting if she didn’t turn up right now.”

“Sir, Rhian isn’t able to come here today…” said Glaiza, with her voice getting slower.

“Okay, then tell her that we’re going to cast someone else for that part.”

“No! You can’t do that!” Glaiza retorted, almost shouting.

When she noticed all the eyes on her, she cleared her throat and looked down again.

“Rhian is trying really hard to get this part so she’s so happy to work in this drama…”

“She’s so happy that she’s practicing her lines every day without fail and right now… as we speak, she is doing a… character research…”

“Character research?”

Glaiza gulped, she didn’t plan to say that. And now she has to come up with things in her head to make it believable.

“Yes! She found someone who has similar experience as her character so she went to see that person to get a real perspective to shape her character better…”

The producer seemed shocked, but pleasantly shocked.

“Really? She’s that serious about her role?”

“Yes!”

“Well that’s a good thing but why can’t she come today?”

“Be-because…”

“Why?”

“Because the woman is in Ilocos!”

“What?”

“The woman she’s researching is in Ilocos so she can’t drive back in time. She told me to give you her deepest and sincerest apology for not able to make it today,”

The producer looked at Glaiza, thinking.

“Please, Sir. You can’t let her lose her role.”

****

Vote  vote vote.😍😘