Invisible 015

Hohoho! Para hindi kayo mabitin sa katuloy ng pangyayare nung highschool sila. Ready your hearts readers.

Enjoy! ❤

******

Chapter Fifteen

“Rhian…”

“I like you.”

Glaiza didn’t know how and why it happened, but the words simply came out of her mouth. And when she realized what she said, it was already too late. Rhian was staring at her, stunned. Judging from the look on the latter’s face, Glaiza was sure she heard it; word by word.

She could feel her cheeks heating up, and suddenly everything around her was getting smaller. The space in the room became narrower. There were no more light in the room, everything suddenly turned to dark in that instant. But no matter how dark it became, she can’t hide away from Rhian’s gaze.

She froze as she saw the latter made her way towards her, her steps were elegant as always. She was only a few steps away now and Glaiza already expected for the worst.  Rhian might curse at her or worse, slap her. But it was understandable. What she just said to her was stupid and uncalled for. Glaiza’s mind searches for the right words to say; for any logical explanation to cover up her blunt confession.

Her lips trembled as she speaks,

“Rh-rhian, I didn’t mean-

She paused.

She felt a gentle stroke on her head. Her eyes widen and she looked at Rhian. The girl was smirking at her.

“I-I…

Suddenly she felt a soft peck on her left cheek.

She froze.

“Like me? Get in line,” said Rhian teasingly.

**

Glaiza had never thought that things would turn out this way. Rhian was being nice to her after the week they spend at the lab; even after what she said to her on the last day.

That day was the first day of school and Glaiza can’t wait to start the new semester. She was up early and put on her properly ironed uniform. She even spent half an hour in front of the mirror, doing her braids neatly. She wanted to look good on the first day. She can’t wait to see Rhian again.

She turned up early to class and sat at her seat with her books. One by one her classmates came in, some of them begin boasting about their summer vacation and the others were listening with disinterest. Glaiza looked up from her book and pushed her glasses before it fell down her face. She glanced at Rhian’s seat and realized that it was still empty. She glanced at her watch to check the time. It was almost time for the bell to ring but Rhian was still nowhere in sight.

Minutes passed and the bell finally rang. Some students were rushing into their classrooms, and some were walking leisurely like they don’t care.

“Hey, where did you go during the first week? We missed you at the beach trip!” said a voice.

Glaiza glanced at the front door and saw a group of students were entering the class.

And then she saw her, Rhian.

“Ah, I had… something to settle. Why? I bet the trip sucks without me around,” she said with a smirk.

Some of her friends laughed along while others shook their heads in disagreement. But anyone could tell that they actually agreed with Rhian. They always agree on anything Rhian says anyway.

Glaiza didn’t realize it but she was staring at Rhian since the girl entered the class. She wasn’t sure what she was hoping for, but she simply can’t take her eyes off her. As if she was in trance.

But suddenly, Rhian turned and looked her way.

Their eyes met. Glaiza gulped. She didn’t know what to do, but a silly grin crept up on her face. Her right hand was itching to give her a wave as well, but her left hand stopped her from doing so. She clasped her hands together to avoid embarrassing herself.