Invisible 003

Hohoho! Meron pa rin palang mga nagbabasa ng fanfiction ng #RaStro..

Thanks for the votes.and as I was typing this chapter naisip ko nalang dn na iupdate para di bitin..hehe..
So i hope you enjoy reading.

***

Chapter Three

Glaiza walked along the hallway at the second floor with a stack of clean towels in her hands.  There were doors with numbers on her left and right. The light switched on automatically as she passed by. It was her idea to install the lights with movement sensors. It was a good way to conserve energy, and also money. She reached the last room at the end of the hallway. It was the only door that was open. Light was beaming out from the room in the dim space. She entered the room.

“These are the last ones, stack them up,” she said to another person in the room.

That person was standing in the room filled with white towels, making her hair color stand out so much. Her hair was dyed with rainbow colors.

“Thank goodness, now I can finally go to bed,” she replied as she took the towels from Glaiza and put them on the shelves with other towels.

“It’s tiring but we did a good job, Chyn. We’re fully booked for tonight,” said Glaiza, patting her back.

They both smiled at each other proudly as they had a great day for their business. The two same-age girls are childhood bestfriends, Glaiza and Chynna, who opened Galura’s Guest House at a building in Han Street. The three-storey lot used to be a printing factory but they put together their money and bought it in an auction to turn it into something more profitable.

Chynna went to her room to sleep, leaving Glaiza for the night shift. They rotate their shifts but most of the time, it was Glaiza who worked extra hours to keep their business running.

They are related but their personalities are nothing alike. Glaiza was calm and reserved while Chynna was loud and humorous in her own way. Chynna could spend hours at the salon to change her hairstyle but Glaiza had only one hairstyle and it was the same one since she was in high school. The only time she dyed her hair was when Chynna dipped her tips into pink dye when she was sleeping. Chynna changed her boyfriend almost every week while Glaiza was never in a serious relationship. When she was asked about it, she said she just wanted to focus on managing the guest house first.

Glaiza went downstairs to tend the counter and to prepare for another day of business. That was when she was greeted with an unexpected sight.

There was someone sleeping on the sofa.

Glaiza grabbed a baseball bat hidden behind the counter and tiptoed towards the sleeping person. She clutched the bat tightly, just in case she had to use it on the uninvited guest. As she was getting closer, she noticed that the stranger was a young woman. Her hair was in disarray, and the color was unappealing, it was light brown, almost blonde. She was wearing black leather jacket that looks expensive. Glaiza believed it was stolen. Her legs were exposed since she was wearing a short skirt. There were scratch marks and bruises all over her skin. Glaiza also noticed a pair of pink sneakers on the floor, covered with the mixture of dirt and mud. Judging from what she was wearing, she could be a homeless person trying to get a free lodging.

Glaiza cleared her throat, “Excuse me, you can’t sleep here.”

The girl suddenly opened her eyes and their eyes met. Glaiza gulped. They looked at each other for a while, not saying anything. Glaiza was prepared to swing her bat in the worst case scenario.

“Miss, you can’t sleep here,” she repeated, firm.

This time, the girl rose up and sat on the sofa, but her eyes were fixed on Glaiza. She seemed more surprised than she was.

“Yo-You can see me?” she asked.

Glaiza nodded, “Of course…”

“You can really see me?!”

“Yes…”

“Tell me what I’m wearing right now! Prove to me that you can see me!”

“Urm, you are wearing a black jacket and a… skirt?”

“Wh-What color is my hair?!”

“Blonde? Light brown? I think…”

The girl continued to stare at her and this time there were tears in her eyes.

Glaiza felt uncomfortable with her gaze and looked away, “Why did you ask? You still can’t sleep here-

She paused when she felt a pair of arms around her shoulders, followed by the unpleasant smell from the other person. She smells like sweat and dirty drain and maybe she stepped on dog poo too.

“Uhh…”

“YOU CAN SEE ME! YOU CAN SEE ME!”

“Okay, I do, but please…” Glaiza said, slowly releasing herself from the other person’s smelly embrace.

She was staring at her with unwavering gaze.

“You can see me…” she mumbled.

“For the first time in the whole day, you’re the only one who could see me. Apart from the crazy dog,” she added.

Glaiza raised her eyebrows and gulped. Not only was this girl homeless, but she was mentally ill as well.

“You have no idea what I’ve been through the whole day! My heels broke and I had to take the bus! The taxi drivers didn’t even stop for me!”

“I had to steal the sneakers and this jacket to keep warm! And you know what, those promoters at Banila Co. didn’t do their job well! I’m endorsing the product for god’s sake! But they ignored me!”

Okay, not only is she homeless and mentally ill, she was also delusional.

“And then I saw my girlfriend with my best friend together! They were talking about having dinner without me! They don’t look worried that I’ve been missing for more than 24 hours! How could they! Bianca didn’t even call me! And all I get from Lovi was hello!”

Glaiza kept mum.

“And those idiots on the streets just walked through me as if I didn’t exist! I even thought of suicide but I couldn’t do it!”

Add suicidal to the list.

“And then that crazy dog was the one who could see me! I was chased down the alleys before I got here! And then you-

She paused.

“You’re the only human that I know for the last 24 hours who could see me. Who I can talk to…”

Glaiza nodded, “O-kay, so you’re saying that you’re the Banila Co. endorsement model, Rhian Ramos Howell?”

“YES!! Finally someone who recognizes me!”

“And you’re invisible?”

“Yeah…”

Glaiza cleared her throat, “First of all, you’re not Rhian Howell.”

“What-

“There is no way such a big-headed diva like her would run around alleys wearing stolen jacket and sneakers.”

“Hey-

“And secondly, you’re not invisible. That’s why I can see you, and that dog chased you.”

“But I am the real Rhian! Look at me, and you will see the resemblance. I know I have no makeup right now but it can’t be that different! You’ve seen my face on Banila’s billboard, right? And I’ll have my major role in a drama soon!”

Glaiza sighed, “Fine, even if you’re Rhian Howell, you still have to leave. You can’t sleep on our sofa like this. The other guests will run away if they saw you. I can’t let you stay.”

Rhian grabbed Glaiza’s hand, startling the latter.

“You can’t ask me to leave! I have nowhere to go!”

Glaiza bit her lip, “Th-That is not my problem.”

“Then give me a room! I’ll pay you!” she said, opening her purse. She took out a platinum credit card and shoved it at Glaiza.

Glaiza looked at the card, shocked, “Did you steal this too?”

“Hey pale face, I’ll pay you any amount you want if you let me stay here tonight!”

“Really?” she asked, tempted.

“Platinum MasterCards don’t lie,” Rhian replied, flat.

“That is interesting but sadly, we’re full tonight. There are no rooms left.”

Rhian looked at Glaiza incredulously, “You have got to be kidding me. This small place is full? Who stays at this kind of place?”

Glaiza scoffed, “Wow, just now you were begging me and now you’re insulting? Are you really Rhian Howell?”

“Just wait till I cleaned myself up. You will be begging me for my autograph,” she said boastfully.

Glaiza shook her head, “You know what, I don’t want your money.”

“What do you mean?”

She pulled Rhian up with her hands and pushed her towards the door.

“Hey, hey! What are you doing?!”

“Get out of here and find somewhere else to stay. Hilton is nearby, Miss Howell.”

“I can’t do that! The crazy dog is still on the loose! You can’t make me leave!”

Glaiza pushed Rhian to the door. The other girl grabbed her hands and they looked at each other. Rhian bit her lip, trying hard to contain her pride.

But she didn’t have a choice.

“Just one night… let me stay here for just one night-

But to beg.

“Please…”

Tears were running down her cheeks as she was holding tight to Glaiza’s hands.

It was so hard for Rhian to say that.

But she said it.

Glaiza sighed.

“Okay…”

**

“You can use the shower in this room to clean up,” Glaiza said as she handed over a clean towel to Rhian.

Rhian looked around the room she was in. It was small, about the size of the second bathroom at her penthouse. There was only one single bed, a closet and just enough space to walk through to the shower. There were photos on the wall, of Glaiza and her family members. Rhian believed that they’re all families, judging from their similar pale face and thick eyebrows.

“Is this your room?”

“Yes,” replied Glaiza.

“It’s so small.”

“I’ve told you all rooms are booked today. There are only two rooms left, mine and the storage room.”

Rhian looked at Glaiza and raised her eyebrows.

“Where are you going to sleep?”

“Here. This is my room, remember?”

“Then where I’ll be sleeping?”

“Just hurry up shower and then go to the storage room. It’s quite comfortable there. There are blankets, pillows and towels.”

Rhian gasped and wanted to protest but Glaiza already shut the door and left to tend the counter again. Rhian scoffed; there was no way she’d be sleeping in the storage room.

**

Glaiza went to sleep at 3am, when another staff came in to replace her shift. She groggily went upstairs to her room to rest. She was too sleepy that she didn’t bother to turn on the light. She took off her clothes and threw them in the laundry basket. She took a towel and wondered why it was damp. She had a quick shower under the warm water and quickly changed into pajamas. She climbed onto her bed and pulled the blanket above her shoulder. She felt like her bed was getting smaller than yesterday but she was too tired to care. She fell asleep as soon as her head landed on the fluffy pillow.

**

Glaiza felt something warm and heavy around her waist. She opened her eyes and was greeted by the sunlight peeking from behind the curtains. She squinted her eyes and covered them with her hands. She was about to remove her blanket when she realized that it wasn’t her blanket that was around her body.

A half-naked young woman had her arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Glaiza stared at her in horror and her face heated up. Too close. Too much skin exposed. And she spent the night with this woman in the same bed? She immediately sprung up from the bed and pushed the latter away. The blonde haired girl was pushed rather harshly but she continued to sleep. She even snored this time.

Glaiza’s mind quickly recounted the events that happened the night before. Soon, she remembered that she let a self-claimed Rhian stay there for the night. But she didn’t mean to let her sleep in her bed.

She looked at the woman who was sleeping soundly in her bed. It was hard to believe that it was the same woman from last night. Yesterday, she looked like a stray poodle and this morning, Glaiza found her… quite pretty. She wasn’t wearing clothes, only her set of black undergarments covering whatever was supposed to be covered. And Glaiza couldn’t take her eyes off her smooth skin. Her mouth gaped and her cheeks were like tomatoes.

She shook her head vigorously.

“Get a grip, Cha!”

Glaiza pulled the blanket over her, but then she paused. She saw a small birthmark on her right arm.

Glaiza gulped.

“She really is…  Rhian Howell?”

She hurriedly covered her body with blanket and took a few steps back. She stared at the sleeping girl, not saying anything. She shook her head and wiped her face with her hands a few times even though she was not sweating. She seemed restless.

“She has to leave ASAP…” she mumbled.

She walked to the bathroom and saw her guest’s clothes on the floor. No wonder she  was not wearing her clothes. She sighed, looks like she has laundry to do.

**

Chynna was busy at the ground floor, tending to the guests’ complimentary breakfast, which were warm toast and tea. She saw her best friend Glaiza coming down from the second floor with a laundry basket.

“Cha, you’re early today, and isn’t it early for laundry?” she said.

Glaiza put down her laundry basket on the last step of the stairs and grabbed her buddy’s hand.

“Hey!”

“I need to talk to you,” she said before dragging her to the small pantry under the stairs.

**

“What is it? You’re startling the guests,” asked Chynna as soon as they shut the door.

“Last night, Rhian Howell came to our guest house.”

“What? Who?”

“You know? That diva musical actress?The face of Banila Co.?”

“Ahhh, you mean that b*tchy celebrity? What about her?”

“She’s here.”

Chynna laughed, “That girl would rather stand than sitting on the cheap chairs and hardly shook hands with her fans. There’s no way she’d be here at our budget guest house, where everything is… cheap.”

“I know! But this is real! She came and said that she’d been chased by a dog and all these crazy talk about being invisible…”

Chynna laughed again, “Are you sure you’re not dreaming? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound right now?”

Glaiza sighed, “It wasn’t a dream! Come with me, and I’ll show you.”

**

“There she is, sleeping on my bed,” Glaiza said, pointing on her bed.

Chynna looked at the direction pointed and then turned to her best friend, speechless.

“Now you believe me?” asked Glaiza.

Chynna shook her head, “Cha, you got to be kidding me…”

“I know right! Rhian Howell is at our guest house! And she’s sleeping in my bed-

“Hoy Cha!” shouted Chynna all of the sudden.

Glaiza looked at her, shocked.

“I have an appointment at the salon at 10am to dye my hair to a new color and you dragged me here just to see your empty bed?”

“Empty bed? No!”

“You need a good rest Cha, I think you overworked and you’re seeing things.”

“What the-

“I’m going now.”

“Wait!” said Glaiza, grabbing her buddy’s arm.

“What now?”

“You really can’t see her there? She’s sleeping on my bed! Why can’t you see that?”

Chynna sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Because there is nothing there!”

She walked to the bed and poked the mattress.

“See? There’s nothing here!”

“Careful, you’re going to wake her up!”

Chynna ignored Glaiza warning and slumped herself to sit on the bed.

Glaiza gasped.

“I’ve told you the bed is empty!”

“You’re…sitting on her legs…”

“What?”

Suddenly, Chynna felt the mattress move. And soon she was pushed and fell on the floor. She looked around but didn’t see anything. She gulped.

“Who did that?! Who did that?!”

“Rhian just kicked you. She didn’t seem pleased,” said Glaiza, worried.

Chynna’s face turned pale when she saw the blanket rose on its own and stood in front of her, forming the shape of a human.

“So she’s invisible?” she asked with a laugh.

“Hahahaha! Invisible!”

“Hoy Chynn.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Chynna continued to laugh.

And then she passed out.

***

Ooops..chynna passed out while laughing hahahaha.can you guys imagine it? 😂

So dont forget to vote..😉
I'll be updating Chapter 4 tomorrow.
Thank you!