Invisible 016

Good evening readers. Here's an update for you. Enjoy ❤

****

Chapter Sixteen

Then Glaiza cleared her throat, “I think your actions back then explained itself.”

Rhian was left speechless.

Glaiza turned around, “It’s dark. I’m going in now.”

Rhian looked at her helplessly as she was walking further away.

She wants to stop her.

“Glaiza, wait!” she called.

Glaiza stopped, but she didn’t turn around.

Rhian’s lips were trembling and tears were brimming in her eyes.

“I’m…

“I’m….

“Just save it,” Glaiza cuts in.

“I don’t want to hear anything from you.”

And with that Glaiza marched towards the front door of the guesthouse, leaving Rhian alone outside. The invisible girl stood there, with her eyes blinking and her lips trembling hopelessly. Glaiza was out of her sight, but she still stood there, stunned.

**

“Are you okay? You look kinda scary right now,” said Chynna to her best friend.

Glaiza glanced at her, with her stern expression that had been on her face since she entered the guesthouse.

“It’s your turn to watch over the counter tonight-

She paused as her eyes met Glaiza’s.

She gulped, “Well, if you want to sleep it’s fine! Hahaha I’ll do double shift it’s not a big deal!”

Glaiza looked away, “Just go. It’s my shift right now.”

“Are you sure? I can-

“Just go, Chynn.”

Suddenly Chynna bowed at her and left to her room without saying anything. As soon as she was alone, Glaiza sighed and leaned on her chair. She glanced at the front door, where it was shut. Rhian hasn’t returned since she left her at the porch two hours ago. She knew she shouldn’t bother, but deep in her heart she was worried about her. She hates herself for caring about her.

Suddenly she saw someone outside the door, and soon the door was pushed open.

Rhian entered.

She was still wearing the clothes she wore since morning, and her eyes were swollen. Their eyes met briefly but Glaiza quickly looked away as if she wasn’t there.

Rhian held her breath as she saw Glaiza. Suddenly she felt like everything around her had multiplied in sizes and she was just a little mouse in front of her. She looked down and made her way to the green couch without saying anything.

She sat on the couch, trying to make herself comfortable, but it was anything but. She couldn’t even breathe properly. Every time she glanced at Glaiza, tears were slowly pooling in her eyes and she can’t help it. She bit her lip to hold her emotions in. But she was barely hanging on.

Minutes passed, and it was almost half past twelve midnight. They continue to sit there, sharing the same space but ignoring each other’s existence.

Rhian hugged herself and rubbed her arms. It was getting colder and she was only wearing a thin t-shirt.

Suddenly she coughed.

Glaiza sat up straight and glanced at Rhian, her eyes widen. But as their eyes met she quickly looked away. Rhian saw her reaching for something on the desk. And pressing some buttons. A few beeps later, the room became warmer.

Rhian stared at Glaiza, with tears brimming.

She turned up the temperature for me.  

“Thank you,” said Rhian.

Glaiza scoffed, “It’s cold anyway.”

Rhian smiled.

“You’re always so nice. I guess certain things haven’t changed.”

Glaiza kept mum.

“I still remember how you always buy me bread and juice from the store in front of our school, because I said I was hungry. The store owner was a scary guy but you went there for me. You always picked my favorite flavors.”

Rhian chuckled, “I wonder if the store is still there. I-

“Will you stop talking about the past?” asked Glaiza, stern.

Rhian looked at her, stunned.

She was serious.

“Stop bringing that up. It was so long ago that I don’t even remember anymore!”

“Well, I remember everything,” said Rhian suddenly.

“I remember looking for you the day after the canteen incident but you’re nowhere to be found. I was too proud to ask about you around so I didn’t. And that’s how you just… gone.”

Glaiza bit her lip.

Rhian looked at her, her gaze unwavering.

“I have so much to say to you, but you left. It’s not fair.”

Glaiza scoffed again, “Seriously? You want to talk about fairness?”

“You know what’s not fair? It’s not fair that you were being nice to me after that week at the lab. Why didn’t you just slap me in the face back then? I would’ve accepted it.”

“But you led me on, and then crushed me in front of everyone.”

“You played with my emotions. And you want to talk about what’s fair and what’s not?”

Rhian looked down.

“I wasn’t playing with your emotions. I didn’t reject your confession because…

She looked up and their eyes met.

“Because I like you too.”

Glaiza’s eyes widen and she stood up from her chair, shocked. She did not expect that. Not from nine years ago, and not even now. It just doesn’t make sense.

Rhian sighed, “You were a nerd, unattractive, and a girl but I like you back then. I don’t even know why.”

“You were the first girl that I like in… ‘that’ way...
“Don’t be ridiculous!” Glaiza shouted.

“You like me? Is that why you told your friends about my confession and made fun of me in front of everyone I know? Is that how you treat someone that you like?!”

Rhian stood up and looked at Glaiza, “I was young and stupid. All I cared about was how other people think of me. Just a stupid phase of an immature teenager! Please understand!”

“Just a stupid phase?”

“Because of your stupid phase I had to change to a school outside of the district because kids from other schools nearby had heard about me being a lesbian and bullied me.”

“I can’t even study science because it reminded me of you and how you made my life a living hell.”

“I had to go through years of psychological therapy because I was too depressed.”

“I even dropped out of school.”

Rhian gasped.

“I thought it was okay helping you since you don’t remember. But now even the sight of you reminding me of the incident that I want to forget.”

They looked at each other, not saying anything. Glaiza saw something sparkling in the latter’s eyes, and after a blink tears were streaming down her face. Rhian’s lips were shaking as she said her sentence,

“Gl-Glaiza, forgive me.”

For a moment Glaiza was moved. Her heart was aching at the sight of Rhian begging for her forgiveness. She wanted to go to her side and comfort her. But the pain from her past overcame her emotions.

Glaiza shook her head, “I just realized something.”

“I hated you then, and I still hate you now.”

“Sorry but, I’ll never forgive you.”

**

Little did Glaiza know that was the last time she saw Rhian.
Days passed and she was nowhere to be seen around the guest house. Glaiza went on her days like nothing going on, as if she never encountered the invisible Rhian Howell. That morning was no different. She went to the pantry and got herself a plate of toasts and two cups of instant coffee.

“Why do you need two cups of coffee?” asked Chynna.

She saw her best friend walking up the stairs with a tray of food.

“I need to wake up,” replied Glaiza with a grin.

Chynna nodded, “Okay. But where are you going?”

“Ah, I’m going to have my breakfast in my room,” replied Glaiza, nonchalant.

But Glaiza only drank one cup of the coffee. She left a couple of toast and a cup of instant coffee on the desk in her room before she went downstairs for her shift. She knew she would come back to her room later that day to a cup of cold coffee and toast. She wasn’t sure what she was expecting.

Maybe she was hoping for the cup and plate to be emptied.

Maybe she was still around, she thought.

But also maybe she’s back to being visible, she thought.

Maybe she’s somewhere near the beach relaxing and sipping juices, she thought.

She continuously disguised her own feelings with countless thoughts she made up.

And that’s how 2 weeks gone by.

Rhian never showed up ever since.

Glaiza only found out the news about Rhian when she flipped the page of entertainment gossip section on the newspaper that morning.

She gasped when she saw a large photo of Rhian on the newspaper. Underneath the photo was a headline, ‘Rhian Howel didn’t show up at the set.’

She gulped and hurriedly read on.

“Hey Cha, are you done with the newspaper? The guest at the 2nd floor requested for one and I’m too lazy to go out and get one,” said Chynna who came to the counter.

But there was no response from Glaiza.

“Hey” she called.

She was amused at how engrossed her best friend was reading gossip section. It was the first time she saw her that interesting with gossip.

“Hey Glaiza Galu-

“Chynn…”

“Hoy! What’s wrong with you?”

Glaiza looked at her best friend, serious. Tears were brimming in her eyes.

Chynna gulped, “He-Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying? You can keep the newspaper if you want!”

“That person, is missing.”

Chynna raised an eyebrow, “Umm, who?”

“She didn’t turn up to the drama set. That means she’s still… invisible. But why didn’t I see her around? Is it because of me?!”

“Who are you talking about?!”

“Rhian Howell! I don’t know where she went! She could be anywhere-

“You don’t know where she is either?” said a voice.

It was a beautiful young woman. Bianca King.

Chynna and Glaiza looked at her, shocked. Not sure when did she enter through the door and how long she had been standing there. Maybe she heard them bickering. Maybe she already heard the whole thing.

“Who are you?” asked Chynna, puzzled.

But Bianca only looked at Glaiza.

“I need to talk to you.”

**

Glaiza brought her guest to sit at the front porch for more privacy. Bianca didn’t seem to mind about the setting, she was staring at Glaiza since they’d sat there.

“You didn’t leave me your contact number the last time we met. I had to pay people to look for your address,” said Bianca.

Glaiza cleared her throat and forced a smile.
“What is it that you want to talk to me about?” she asked.

“Where is Rhian?” she asked, serious.

Glaiza gulped, “Why are you asking me about her?”

Bianca scoffed and leaned forward. She seemed angry.

“You claimed to be her new personal assistant. You’re the last person who saw her. You must know where she is.”

“Yeah, but-

“I saw her car in your garage.”

“She left her car here, but I don’t know where she is…”

Bianca hissed, “Are you really just a car thief?”

Glaiza’s eyes widen, “Wh-What?! I’m not a thief!”

“Now that I think about it, there was never solid evidence that you knew Rhian apart from the fact

that you knew about the butterfly.”

Glaiza gulped, “What are you trying to say? That I made everything up?”

“Yes. I don’t know what you’re up to, but something is really fishy about you.”

Glaiza sighed, “Ms. Bianca, I really don’t know where Rhian went. I last saw her two weeks ago and then she just… disappeared.”

“2 weeks ago? What did she said back then?”

“Eh?”

“What did she said to you before she left?”

Glaiza bit her lip. The memory was still fresh in her mind, as if it had just happened yesterday. The look on Rhian’s face; the tears that rolled down her cheeks as she said the last sentence before they parted,

“Gl-Glaiza, forgive me.”

She looked so vulnerable and weak. As if all the bricks on the wall that concealed her all this time had fallen down one by one.

It was the real Rhian Howell.

“What did you two talked about?” asked Bianca, urging.

Glaiza gulped, “It-It wasn’t anything important.”

“Did she say where she was going?”

Glaiza shook her head, “She didn’t…”

Bianca hissed and slammed one hand on the table, “How can you not know where she went?! How could she didn’t say anything to you?!”

Glaiza gulped again, “Sorry, I really didn’t know where she went. I wish I knew-

“She’s going to lose her drama role!!” Bianca shouted.

“I just can’t save her anymore, I’ve ran out of excuses to give to the producer to delay her filming! And everything she worked for to get this role, it’s just for nothing.”

“Ms. Bianca…”

Bianca looked at Glaiza, frustrated.

“You were my last hope of finding her whereabouts. I thought I’ll find her today. It’s been more than a month now and I didn’t hear anything from her. Did something happen to her?” she said with tears brimming in her eyes. She was really concerned.

Glaiza kept mum. She looked at the older girl as she was wiping her eyes with her hands to pretend like she was okay. But she wasn’t. She was very worried about Rhian and it shows. Glaiza remembered Bianca; she was her senior back in high school. Her family and Rhian's are friends so they grew up together, like sisters. People called them ‘the princesses’.

Suddenly Bianca felt a pat on her left shoulder and she looked up. It was Glaiza.

Their eyes met and the latter smiled at her, “Don’t worry, I’m sure Rhian is okay.”

“I’ll find her,” she added.

“I promise I will.”

Suddenly Bianca creased her eyebrows as she stared at Glaiza.

“Ms. Galura, have we met before?”   

“Huh?”

“I feel like I’ve seen you before.”

Glaiza let out a nervous laugh, “I guess I have a familiar face.”

**

Glaiza had to wait for 3 hours till it was her turn to enter the doctor’s consultation room. That’s what she had to go through since she didn’t make an appointment to meet Dr. Sally.

Dr. Sally didn’t seem surprised when she saw Glaiza walked in, as if she was expecting her that day. She took off her glasses and looked at the young woman, waiting for her to begin.

“Hi Dr. Sally, we meet again,” said Glaiza awkwardly.

“More accurate is that you came to see me again,” replied the young doctor.

“Yeah, so… how are you?”

Dr. Sally laughed, “I’m sure you’re not here to ask how I’m doing.”

Glaiza sighed, “Well, I need your help.”

“Is it about your invisible girl again?”

Glaiza nodded weakly, “That person is… missing.”

“The invisible girl went missing?”

“She suddenly disappeared, and I don’t see her around anymore. I thought she had already become visible and went back to her life but today I found out that’s not the case.”

“How can I find her, Dr. Sally?”

“She could be out there, alone and lost…”

“It’s cold out there at night and what if she’s hungry, what is she going to eat?”

“What if she encountered wild street dogs again? Where will she hide?”  

Glaiza said continuously. She looked at Dr. Sally, hoping for an answer. But she replied it with a question.

“Are you worried about her?”

“Yes, of course!”

“Do you care about her?”

“Yes!”

“Do you like her?”

“Yes-

She paused, shocked. She was shocked with her own reply.

“Do you forgive her?” asked Dr. Sally.

Glaiza bit her lip, hesitating.

But then she nodded, “I do.”

“It doesn’t make sense, I should hate her after what she did to me in the past but the truth is… I
didn’t.”

Dr. Sally  smiled, “You have such a pure heart, Ms. Glaiza.”

“That’s why that person needs you,” she added.

“Without you, she’s lost.”

“Without you, she’ll be invisible…

…forever.”

****

Oh nooo. Glai you gotta help Rhi. 😊

Sa mga nagbabasa po ng Invisible.super thank you po. Mabasa niyo lang tong storyang to masaya na ako. 😁
Magandang magandang maganda kayong lahat at pogi 😂😂😂