Invisible 019

Here's another chapter. I think Invisible only have 2 more chapters before it ends. So after I publish the ending. Chapted 1 of Piece of Cake will be updated.

Abangan...

*******

Chapter Nineteen

Rhian felt awkward. Sitting in a posh Italian restaurant was awkward. Sitting there for lunch with Lovi was awkward. She often looked outside the glass wall to distract herself, but it was impossible to ignore the elephant in the room.

The younger girl was busy flipping her menu, smiling and pointing at the dishes that she wanted to eat. Her expression was bright and cheerful like nothing happened for the past month. Since they sat there 5 minutes ago, she hasn’t once asked Rhian about where she’d been or if she was doing well. She sat there and smiled coyly like it was just another one of their dates.

But Rhian can’t do this. A lot had happened, and things are different now.

“Hmm, do you think I should order pasta or lasagna? I’m quite hungry I might even order both,” Lovi grinned.

“You love their Carbonara, right? Do you want to order that?” she asked.

But the older girl looked at her with an incredulous look on her face.

“What are you doing?” she asked, annoyed.

“I’m trying to order us lunch."

“You don’t have to. I’m not hungry anymore,” Rhian said.

She slammed one hand on the table as she gets up to leave.

“Sit down,” ordered Lovi, firm. Her tone had changed drastically.

“What?”

“I said, sit down.”

Rhian scoffed, “Who do you think you are to order me around?!”

“We’re not alone,” replied Lovi.

“What do you mean-

Rhian paused when she understood what she meant. She gulped and glanced out of the window. She saw a dark tinted van parked just across the road. Photographers.

“Look, I’m trying to help you,” said Lovi suddenly.

Rhian cleared her throat and get back to her seat. The two looked at each other.

“What the hell is going on? Did someone purposely called the paparazzi?” asked Rhian, angry.

“This is all for your own good. If you’re seen with me, maybe the rumors will die down by itself. But if you leave right now, you’re going to make things worse. It’s like you’re confirming it.”

“What rumors? What is this rumor about me that everyone has been saying?”

Lovi sighed.

“Rhi, I don’t know what happened to you during the past month, or… who you were with. But that’s not important! I don’t mind the rumors, and I’m willing to look past all that for us…”

“What rumors?!” Rhian bursts.

“That you’re cheating on me.”

Rhian gulped.

“Someone posted the photo of you and this… plain looking girl holding hands in a motel. It’s ridiculous right?” asked Lovi with a nervous laugh.

There was silence.

Suddenly Rhian looked away, “It wasn’t a motel. It’s a guesthouse.”

Lovi’s eyes widen.

“And there’s nothing wrong about plain looking. She’s not used to makeup, that’s all. She looks just nice to me though,” added Rhian.

“Wh-What are you talking about?”

Rhian stood up from her chair.

“You said that if I leave the table, I’ll be confirming the rumors, right?”

“Rhi…”

“I’m leaving. I’m sorry we have to end it this way.”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying! Sit down! Do you know how this will affect your public image?!”

“You can make me the bad guy, and play the victim card to the media. I don’t mind.”

Lovi slammed the table and got up, “Hey Rhian Howell!”

“You have the right to be angry at me for cheating but we’re even now.”

“How is that getting even? I never cheated on you!”

“Ah, then does Bianca King ring any bell to you?”

Lovi gulped.

“Think about it, she is like a sister to me and… what were you guys doing behind my back? That’s like ten times worse than me hanging out with pale face behind your back. The most intimate thing we ever did was hugging and holding hands. I don’t know about you two.”