Invisible 006

Chapter 6 is up.

*****

Chapter Six

“I need you.”

“Would you help me?”

Glaiza hesitated but Rhian’s gaze on her made her weak inside. It was the same gaze she used that night she begged to stay at the guest house. Glaiza has always been a soft-hearted person so no matter how much she thought Rhian was irritating, she couldn’t help but agree to help.

“Okay…” she said reluctantly.

Rhian smiled, and for a second Glaiza thought she saw tears in her eyes.

But being the usual Rhian Howell, she changed into her arrogant mode in a second.

“Great! You have to help me become visible again! I only have 2 days from now!” she said.

“Two days?”

“I have to attend the script reading for my drama in two days. You know that drama that is getting much hype these days.”

Glaiza shrugged, “What drama?”

“Geez, don’t you read the gossip and entertainment news?”

“I don’t like reading useless things.”

“You’re saying it’s useless to read gossip?!”

Glaiza shrugged again.

“You’re so ignorant,” said Rhian, pissed.

Glaiza shrugged again, “Whatever. So why do you need to be at the script reading?”

“If I didn’t turn up at the script reading, they might change me with some no-name actress or talentless idols. I can’t let that happen. You have no idea how hard I worked to get this role and I’m not letting it go just because I’m invisible!”

“What can I do to help you?”

“I’ve looked up about this whole invisible thing and this person’s name came up.”

“Dr. Sally?”

“You have to come with me to see her. I can’t go alone because she can’t hear me. So you’re like an interpreter for me.”

“An interpreter?”

Rhian ignored her and continued, “She got a doctorate in supernatural studies, so she must know what to do to make me visible again.”

“I’ll do anything to be visible again. Anything.”

**

“Is this your car?” asked Glaiza as they entered the white BMW outside the guest house.

“Yeah.”

“If you have a car then why did you take bus the other day?”

“I fired my driver and he only returned the car to me a day after that. He dropped the keys at the guard. I had to sneak in there and steal the keys.”

“So you drove to get here?”

“Duh.”

“Didn’t the police stop you, because technically, there is no driver. They probably thinks it’s like Bumblebee or Herbie… you know, living cars.”

Rhian raised an eyebrow, “You’re such a movie geek, pale face.”

“They didn’t stop me because I have this,” she said, tapping the glass.

“Glass?”

“My car was tinted with the best grade tint; it’s pitch black if you look from outside. It’s the same tint our president uses,” replied Rhian boastfully.

But Glaiza was busy trying to scrape the tint from the window beside her with her nails.

“Stop doing that!!”

“It’s illegal to have more than 35% tinted windows for cars if you’re not the president!” Glaiza retorted.

She continued to scrape the glass with her nails, resulting with an annoying screeching sound.

“You better stop that or I’ll throw you out of the car!”

“And I don’t have to see you ever again? That sounds more like a reward than punishment to me. Throw me out!”

“Uggh!” Rhian grunted and drove even faster. She knew she couldn’t get rid of Glaiza now.

**

Glaiza looked at the young woman in doctor’s white robe in front of her. She looked way too young to have a doctorate and to become an expert of ‘Anything’. She wondered where she got her doctorate from and if it was even legit. But Rhian seemed to believe her wholeheartedly just because she was on the top result when she searched for ‘Invisibility’ on Google.

“So you’re saying that your friend just woke up one day and she’s invisible?” asked Dr. Sally Lim.

Glaiza nodded, “Yes. That’s what she said. But she’s not my friend.”

Rhian rolled her eyes, “Of course. I don’t want to be your friend either, pale face.”

Glaiza remained calm and smiled at Dr. Sally. She had to do all the talking since Rhian was invisible.

“She’s not your friend? But she just come to you one day asking for help because you can see her?” asked the doctor again.

“Yeap. I don’t even know why I’m the only one who could see her. So unlucky.”

Rhian crossed her arms and scoffed, “Not like I have an option either!”

Dr. Sally turned around in her chair and took a book from her giant bookshelf behind her. She put the book on the table. It was a thick and it seemed like an old book, and there was nothing written on the brown leather cover. Dr. Sally opened the page and dust from the book flew into the air.

“Uhukkk!” Glaiza coughed.

Dr. Sally seems unaffected as she flipped the pages, “Okay, let’s see, the curious case of Benjamin Button, the curious case of the dog in the night…”

Glaiza and Rhian exchanged looks. Rhian shrugged, “She has doctorate.”

“And here it is, the curious case of invisibility…” she mumbled as she settled on a page.

“Hmm…”

“So? Are there any methods to heal herself? To make her visible again?” asked Glaiza continuously.

“Since this is a rare case, there isn’t much about it in this book. There is only one method written here.”

“Ask her what is it?!” asked Rhian as she poked Glaiza’s shoulder.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Before that, can I ask you something, Ms. Galura?” said the doctor.

“Sure.”

“What is your relationship with this invisible girl? How long have you known each other?”

Glaiza gulped, “Er…I…”

“Geez. Of course we have never met each other before. She’s not someone whom I would meet in my daily social circle. Tell her we never met before,” said Rhian nudging Glaiza’s shoulder.

Glaiza looked at her, “So we’ve never met before?”

“Of course, I don’t remember seeing your face in my life. Ever,” replied Rhian incredulously.

Glaiza nodded and turned to the doctor, “We’ve never met each other before.”

“That’s odd. Because the reason why you’re able to see her is because you both have a deep connection with each other.”

“What deep connection?” Rhian snorted.

“I’m pretty sure we don’t have a deep connection whatsoever,” said Glaiza flatly.

“Then maybe you have a deep connection with each other in your past lives. Maybe she’s someone you treasure so much in the past. You two could be families or… maybe you were each other’s true love,” explained the doctor, serious.

“What??” said Glaiza and Rhian in unison.

“Geez, me and Pale Face were lovers? Gosh this isn’t some zombie and human love story!” Rhian retorted.

“You can’t be serious with that, right?” asked Glaiza, gulping.

Dr. Sally shrugged, “The chances are high that you two were lovers. My gut feelings said so.”

“Gut feeling? Doctor, is this a joke…” Glaiza mumbled.

“Anyhow, there is one way she can gain her visible-ness again.”

“What is it?” asked Glaiza and Rhian immediately.

Dr. Sally looked at Glaiza and then on the empty chair beside her where she assumed Rhian was sitting.

“To become visible again, you and your invisible girl have to reconnect.”
“Umm… reconnect?”

“Two people and their two souls have to become one again. You need to find the connection between you both. Whether it’s emotional connection or physical connection,” she replied calmly.

Rhian shook her head, “What the hell…”

“But there isn’t any connection between me and her! It’s basically impossible to do!” Glaiza retorted.

“You can try. But I can’t guarantee it will work. I’ve told you this is a rare case.”

“Ask her if there is any other way than us being mushy with each other? I have to be visible in two days!” asked Rhian to Glaiza.

“Is there any other way than reconnect that doesn’t involve me? I’m just a nice citizen trying to help. Please help her, doctor,” Glaiza pleaded.

“Hmm, I can try to look it up and ask other doctors about it.”

“I’ll call you if I find anything.”

**

The drive back was unusually quiet. Rhian was concentrating on the road while Glaiza was looking out of the window.

“Turn on the radio. It’s boring,” said Glaiza.

Rhian turned on the radio without saying anything. And then there were silence again.

“Earlier Dr. Sally said something about reconnecting, right?” said Rhian suddenly.

“Yeah. But I think she’s a fraud though.”

“I think she knows what she’s talking about. Did you see the number of people outside her waiting room? She must be legit.”

“Or she’s just good at conning people,” mumbled Glaiza.

“What if what she was saying is true? That I can be visible again if we have a connection?”

Glaiza rolled her eyes.

“I don’t know about emotional connection, but if it’s physical… I’m good at it,” said Rhian, muttering the last part.

“What kind of physical connection?” asked Glaiza, curious.

“Oh you know, physical connection. Between adults…”

“What?” asked Glaiza, dumbfounded.

“You know… one word, there letters…”

“PEA?”

“Gosh! No!”

“PEAS?”

“It’s a verb! Starting with S!”

“SOY?”

Rhian grunted, “It’s SEX! Gosh how blunt are you?!”

Glaiza’s face turned red immediately.

“Why that word… What does that have to do with physical connection…”

She paused and looked at Rhian.

And suddenly the radio plays Boyz II Men’s I’ll Make Love to You. The atmosphere turned extremely awkward.

“Oh, no, no, no, no, no. No way! No freaking way!”

“Look, it’s not like I really want to do it with you either but if that what it takes…”

“NO WAY! DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!”

Rhian scoffed, “Why are you shouting? You make me feel rejected while I don’t even want to have sex with you!”

“IT’S FREAKING GROSS!”

“I’M GREAT IN BED!”

“I DON’T WANT TO KNOW!”

“I CAN GIVE YOU THE NIGHT YOU WON’T FORGET!”

“I DON’T EVEN LIKE YOU!”

“TWO ADULTS CAN HAVE SEX WITHOUT FEELINGS INVOLVED! JUST CASUAL SEX!”

“I DON’T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU AND IT’S FINAL!” Glaiza shouted and this time Rhian kept mum.

Glaiza’s face had turned red. “If you ever, ever, ever bring up this topic again… I won’t help you anymore.”

Rhian cleared her throat, “Okay. Fine. Not like I want to do it with you either.”

“Shut up,” Glaiza said, firm.

Rhian kept quiet and pressed the gas pedal harder. The car accelerated.

“Oh crap, there’s a police car following us,” said Rhian suddenly.

“Pull over then,” said Glaiza.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Pull over, what, just because you’re invisible you think you can be an outlaw?”

Rhian sighed, “Fine. I’ll stop. But trust me; you’re going to regret this.”

Rhian stopped the car by the road and they saw a police car stopping behind them as well. A man in police uniform stepped out of the car and walked towards them.

“I’ve told you this tint is too dark,” said Glaiza, glancing at Rhian.

Rhian shook her head, “You still don’t get it, do you?”

“Get what?”

They stopped talking when one of the policemen tapped on the driver’s window. Rhian smirked as she obeyed him and wind down the window.

He looked at the driver’s seat and it was empty. There was a young woman sitting at the front passenger’s seat.

“Good evening, officer…” greeted Glaiza with an awkward smile.

He didn’t smile back, just nodded with a frown on his face.

“Do you know what you did wrong?” he asked with one hand on his waist.

“It’s the tint, isn’t it? I’ve told her the tint is too much…”

“The tint is one thing. But you’re also driving past the speeding limit,” he said, serious.

“Me? But I wasn’t driving the car-

Glaiza paused and glanced at Rhian.

Rhian grinned, “I’ve told you it’s a bad idea, you dumbo.”

“If you’re not the one who’s driving, then who did? A ghost? Miss, you’re the only one in the car,” he said, taking out a book from his pocket.

“But I didn’t drive the car! I’m sitting here, not behind the wheel!”

But he looked at her incredulously, “Just because you moved from the driver’s seat to another seat?”

Glaiza gulped.

“Give me your driver’s license, Miss.” 

Rhian couldn’t stop grinning behind the wheel as Glaiza sweated in her seat. The pale girl took out her driver’s license and gave it to the officer with her shaky hands. She had never received tickets before because she was such a courteous driver.

“Hey, flirt with him and get away with this,” suggested Rhian.

Glaiza shook her head.

“I don’t know how to do that…” she said, whispering.

“Oh come on, it’s not that hard to do! First, just tilt your head about 45 degrees and played with the tips of your hair!”

Amidst panic, Glaiza unknowingly did what Rhian told her to, but it turned out awkward. She looked more crazy than sexy.

“Okay, now bite your lower lip a little!” said Rhian, trying to suppress her laugh.

Glaiza bit her all of her lower lip.

The officer returned her driver’s license and he was shocked.

“Are you okay, Miss?” he asked.

But Glaiza couldn’t reply because she was biting her lower lip.

“Miss, are you alright? You looked… constipated.”

Rhian burst out laughing and Glaiza sat up normally again. She smacked Rhian’s head and smiled at the officer.

“I’m okay, sir.”

“Hey! That hurts!!” said Rhian, rubbing the back of her head.

He handed her a ticket, “Drive safely next time.”

“Okay, sir!”

“By the way, whose car is this? Is it yours?” he asked.

Glaiza gulped and then nodded, “Ye-Yes, it’s mine…”

He raised an eyebrow and checked into his small notebook. He closed the book and turned to look at Glaiza.

“You have to step out of the vehicle, now.”

“Wh-Why?”

“This car is not yours, right?”

“I-I..

“This car was reported missing this morning by the guards at a residence in Apjeong. The owner is Rhian Howell.”

“Ah darn, those nosy guards!” Rhian grunted.

“Why did you lie?” asked the officer.

Glaiza gulped, “I-I..”

She glanced at Rhian.

“Just tell him that you know me! I let you use the car!”

Glaiza nodded, “But I know Rhian Ramos! She let me use the car!”

“We have to verify that. You have to come with me to the station.”

**

Glaiza was frowning and ignoring Rhian during the whole journey to the police station. She didn’t say a word to her during the whole time they were at the back of the police’s car. Rhian pouted.

At the police station, Glaiza sat at a table, waiting to be interrogated by another officer. Rhian was walking around the station, peeking into police’s monitors and files to kill boredom. After reading a case about the robbery at the flea market, she went back to Glaiza’s side.

“Yah pale face, not the silent treatment again! I know you’re mad at me but it’s not like I expected this to happen to us!”

Glaiza kept mum.

“That’s why I said I don’t want to pull over! But you’re being goody two-shoes and asked me to pull over! It was your fault, not mine!” 

Glaiza cleared her throat and continued to ignore Rhian.

“What? So you think it was my fault for the dark windows’ tint? And it was my fault for speeding? But you’re the one who pissed me off while I was driving!”

Rhian groaned, “Geez, don’t expect me to say that word again! I won’t say it! You can’t make me!”

An officer walked towards them. Glaiza quickly sat up straight and put her hands in her lap. Rhian abruptly helped Glaiza fix her bangs. Glaiza looked at her, shocked. Their eyes met and Glaiza could feel her cheeks heating up. Rhian gently patted the top of her head before withdrawing her hand.

“Just wanted to help you look more presentable in front of the officer…” she muttered.

Glaiza looked away before Rhian saw the blush on her cheeks.

“Miss Galura,” called an officer.

Glaiza looked up, “Yes, sir!”

“You said you know Rhian Howell.”

“Ye-Yes, yes I do.”

“We need to verify that with someone who is close with Rhian,”

“Sure… Umm what do you mean?”

The officer moved aside, revealing a beautiful young woman standing behind him. Rhian looked at the woman, surprised that she’s there. Glaiza stood up from her seat as the woman approached. They looked at each other but did not say anything.

“Miss Galura, meet Miss Bianca,” said the officer.

Bianca looked at Glaiza, her eyes scanning her from head to toe.

“So Miss Galura, you know Rhian?” she asked.

****

So here you go guys..maguupdate nalang ako mamaya for chapter 7 para di kayo mabitin.😁 its getting more interesting than what I thought.

Sa mga nagtatanong ulit kung ano name ko.just call me "nashi"...nice to know you dn guys..