Invisible 005

As i've promised.. Chapter 5 is up..

******
Chapter Five

Glaiza shook her head, “Get a grip, Cha!”

“Who cares if she’s being chased by dogs,” she said to herself.

“I don’t care one bit about this jerk diva.”

She put the magazines on the rack before returning back to the counter. Suddenly the front door chimed and it opened.

Glaiza looked at the person who walked into her guest house this late at night.

She gasped.

Speak of the devil.

It was Rhian Ramos Howell.

She looked better than the first time they met. At least there was no mud and dirt on her, and she didn’t appear smelly and homeless looking. Maybe no dogs chased her this time.

She put her hands in her jeans pocket and smiled weakly.

“Hi, Pale Face,” she greeted.

Glaiza stared at her blankly, not saying anything. Rhian walked towards her.

“Do you have a room? I’d like to stay here for a night,” she said.

However, Glaiza suddenly looked away and turned around. She walked away from Rhian and sat on the chair behind the counter as if she wasn’t there.

Rhian raised an eyebrow, “Are you ignoring me?”

Glaiza opened a record book and begin to examine the page that she just flipped randomly.

“Okay, I get it. You’re pissed at me because I shooed you away the last time. But don’t you think you’re being dramatic?”

Glaizacontinued to ignore her and flipped to another random page.

“Oh, so I’m invisible to you too now? You can’t see me?” asked Rhian as she leaned against the counter.

“But you’re such a bad actor. The book is upside down.”

Glaiza noticed that her book was upside down. Her cheeks turned red but she quickly turned it over.

Rhian snorted, “And the page you’re concentrating on reading is empty.”

Glaiza realized that she was right. She had been staring at two blank pages. Her cheeks became redder. She closed the book and put it back on the counter. She faked a cough and acted normal.

Rhian chuckled.

“What the hell, Pale Face? If you want to trick an experienced actress, at least make the effort.”

Glaiza rolled her eyes.

“So you’re mad at me huh? You don’t like me calling you ‘Pale Face’? Okay I’ll call you by your real name then,” said Rhian.

Glaiza snorted.

Let me see you try. You don’t even know my real name.

“Hmm, is it…Kath?”

Glaiza ignored her.

“Then, how about…Sam?Kaye? Or something more village-like name like… Maria?”

Glaiza bit her lip, trying not to laugh.

“This is like Rumplestilskin, don’t you think? So is your name is… Thickeyebrows?” asked Rhian cheekily.

Glaiza scoffed, offended. She looked at Rhian, but she still wasn’t going to say a word to her.

Suddenly the front door opened and they both turned towards that direction. It was Chynna who came for her shift.

“Glaiiiiizaaaaa! I’m sorry I’m late, best friend!” she exclaimed.

Glaiza gulped, her buddy just had to come in at this time and revealed her name.

Rhian’s mouth crept up. She turned to look at Glaiza.

“Ah, no wonder. Glai.”

Glaiza ignored her and made her way upstairs.

“Okay Chynn, I’m going to sleep now,” she said to Chynna as she climbed up the stairs.

She knew Rhian was following her. She continued to ignore her until she reached her room. She reached for the key in her pocket, and that was when she felt the warm breath on her neck.

“If you don’t get me a room to sleep, I’ll sleep in your bed again,” Rhian whispered into her ear.

Glaiza yelped in shock and dropped her keys. She quickly knelt down and grabbed it again. She inserted the key into the key hole and turned the knob.

“You know Glai, I don’t like to wear clothes when I sleep,” added Rhian, teasing.

Glaiza’s face heated up, and her ears had also turned red. She hurriedly opened the door and closed it as soon as she gets inside, leaving Rhian alone outside.

Rhian was so shocked when Glaiza slammed the door to her face. She never thought anyone would ever do this to her. She balled her fists as anger was taking over her.

She slammed the door with her hand.

“How dare you slam the door on me?!”

Glaiza gulped. She stood in front of the door, not sure what to do. Rhian surely had anger management issues. 

Rhian slammed the door again.

“So you want to continue to ignore me, huh? You think I’ll leave if you keep on with your pathetic acting as if you don’t see me?”

“You won’t win. I’ll make you talk to me. Just wait and see.”

And then it suddenly became quiet.

No more knocks or slams on the door. No more threats or her angry rant. Glaiza wondered if she really had left.  She was Rhian Howell. She couldn’t be giving up this easily.

She walked to the door and grabbed the knob. She looked through the peephole to check if she was still outside, but she didn’t see anything except an empty hallway. Carefully she turned the knob and took a step outside. There was no one at the hallway. Maybe she really had left.

Glaiza shrugged and went to sleep.

**

Glaiza woke up the next morning and the first thing that crossed her mind was the angry Rhian. She sprung up from her bed and hurriedly showered before going down to the first floor. She walked through the hallway and so far she saw no changes. She bumped onto a few guests who were leaving their rooms and they exchanged friendly smiles. But deep down Glaiza was actually worried of Rhian’s threats. She was indeed invisible. Who knew what an invisible person was capable of?

She went down to the ground floor and saw a couple of people gathering at their small pantry under the stairs. One of them was Chynna.

“What’s going on, Chynn?” she asked, tapping her shoulder.

“Cha! Come here and look!”  Chynna grabbed her cousin’s arm and pulled her forward.

Glaiza looked at the situation in the pantry with her jaw dropped.

“Oh my god,” she muttered.

“I don’t know what happened! One of our staff went in there to prepare the breakfast and found the pantry like this! Who did this?!” said Chynna, panicked.

Glaiza looked around the room, shocked. 

Almost everything in the fridge was laid out all over the pantry. There were broken eggs on the cabinet, butter on the counter, pieces of instant noodles on the floor and in the middle of the mess was a sentence written with ketchup.

-PALE FACE TALK TO ME-

“What does it mean? Who is pale face?” murmured a staff that was standing there with them.

“Did you saw anyone who entered the pantry?” asked Glaiza.

Chynna shook her head, “I was at the counter the entire time! I didn’t see anyone entering the pantry!”

“Maybe you fell asleep? Someone could’ve snuck in when you’re not watching.”

“Well, I don’t know about that…”

“Excuse me, but something weird happened last night,” said the female staff suddenly.

“Weird?”

She nodded. She looked alternately from Chynna to Glaiza before answering. She seemed scared.

“I saw the door opened and closed by itself,” she whispered.

Chynna was shocked, while Glaiza gulped.

“So you’re saying, there’s a… ghost?” asked Chynna, terrified.

The girl nodded.

Glaiza suddenly retorted, “Oh come on, there’s no such thing as ghosts!”

They both looked at her.

“I-I think someone is trying to play tricks on us. We better clean this up before the other guests noticed. Chynna, bring out the bread and jam. It’s time for breakfast,” she added, acting as casual as she could.

She walked out from the food pantry and prepared the table for their complimentary breakfast meal. However, there was someone waiting for her at the sofa.

Rhian was sitting on the green sofa, crossing her legs. She smirked as their eyes met. Glaiza sighed and looked away.

“Glai, you’re still not going to talk to me? This is just the beginning,” said Rhian.

Glaiza continued to ignore her and helped Chynna set up the table.

“Cha, who do you think doing this to us? And who is pale face?” asked Chynna.

Glaiza shrugged.

“Pale face sounds like a zombie, or vampire…” mumbled Chynna.

Glaiza scoffed, “Just because someone has fair skin doesn’t mean they’re pale! And why do you have to generalize pale skin with vampires and zombies?!”

Chynna was startled.

“Yah! Why you’re so sensitive about it?! It’s just a question! Are you pale face?!”

Glaiza gulped.

“Oh wait, your skin is kinda pale umm I mean, fair…” said Chynna.

Rhian was giggling from her seat. Glaiza tried her best not to walk to her and strangle her. She might look like a mad woman to others, strangling air.

“Whoever did this is childish. I won’t give in to such a kid’s act,” added Glaiza, glancing at Rhian.

Rhian rolled her eyes, “Oh really? You know I can do a lot more than this.”

**

Glaiza tended the counter like nothing happened while Rhian slept on the green sofa in the living room. At times, Glaiza had to stop the guests from sitting on the sofa by saying that the sofa was broken. Actually, she was worried they might wake Rhian up. Sometimes she felt like letting the customers sit on Rhian’s face. She chuckled at the thought.

She was thinking about passing gas on Rhian’s sleeping face when suddenly the front door opened. A foreign couple walked in. Glaiza gulped. She wasn’t really good at speaking English. She wondered where Chynna went. Glaiza was convinced that Chynna was better at speaking English because she listened to American hip-hop music all the time.

“Hello… er…. Welcome to Galura’s Guest House!” she greeted.

“Thank you! We’re here for the reservation we made on Agoda.com,” said the man. His girlfriend was smiling as she linked arms with him. Such a happy couple.

“Oh yes, Agoda! Umm name please…” said Glaiza with a smile.

She checked in the guest’s reservation at her computer log system.

“Okay, now I show you… room?” she asked.

“Yes, sure!” said the couple in unison.

The couple followed Glaiza as they went to the first floor. Glaiza showed them their room and also how to use the heater and television. She even showed them the shower and the towels.

“Okay, enjoy your stay!” said Glaiza as they stood in front of the room.

“Yes we will! Thank you!” said the man. They both turned around to close the door when suddenly Glaiza saw Rhian appeared from nowhere and cheekily reached for the man’s butt.

She gasped and tried to stop her but it was too late. Rhian already pinched the man’s butt.

The man turned around and so did his girlfriend. He looked at the only person who standing behind him, which was Glaiza. The pale girl became paler.

“What’s wrong, Justin?” asked his girlfriend.

Glaiza shook her head, “No, no, no! Not me!”

“Did you just… pinch my back?” he asked.

The girlfriend looked at Glaiza, furious, “What?!”

Rhian was laughing so hard that tears were coming out from her eyes.

Glaiza shook her head vigorously and made an X with her hands to support her statement with limited language, “I not do! Not me! My hand is here-

She stopped when suddenly her right hand was on her face, with her index finger inside her right nostril. Invisible Rhian was controlling Glaiza’s hand and she was grinning in delight. It appeared to the guests that Glaiza was picking her nose in front of them.

Glaiza quickly pulled out her hand, trying to explain to the guests.

“My hand move, not me! Hand -

The couple raised their eyebrows.

“You’re weird,” said the man before they quickly went inside the room and shut the door.

Glaiza turned to Rhian, furious.

“I’ve told you I’ll do anything to make you talk to me. Now don’t act like I didn’t warn you before and get mad,” said Rhian defensively.

Glaiza grabbed Rhian’s hand and dragged her away.

“Hey, where are you taking me!” exclaimed Rhian.

“Don’t touch me with the hand that you used to pick your nose!”

**

Glaiza pushed Rhian into her room and shut the door. She turned to look at Rhian furiously. However, the latter didn’t look a bit sorry for what she did and looked back at her. That only made Glaiza even angrier.

“Why did you come to look for me?!” shouted Glaiza.

“Whoa, chill Glai. I thought you’re‘calm’,” replied Rhian.

“You think this is funny?!”

“Well, what happened back there was pretty funny,” said Rhian with a chuckle.

“You humiliated me in front of my guests! They think I’m weird!”

“Don’t blame me for that. You are already looking weird enough without my help.”

Glaiza gritted her teeth and took a step closer to Rhian, “Hey Rhian Howell! Did you just come here to infuriate me?”

However, Rhian was standing firmly in her spot. “I’m here because I have something to say to you. But you wouldn’t listen to me so I had to something to get your attention somehow…”

“With pranks? How childish!”

“Hey, you’re the one who gave me the silent treatment! Who’s more childish here?”

Glaiza rolled her eyes, “Why should I talk to you? You said I’m someone who you wouldn’t even talk to under normal circumstances. You said its gross to be mentioned in same sentence with someone like me!”

“Oh come on. You’re still not over that? That was so… 3 days ago.”

“I don’t know how your brain works. But saying insults and offensive things to someone leaves wounds on them that won’t just heal in a few days!”

“The things you said to me, it still hurts,” said Glaiza, looking away.

Rhian became speechless this time. She wanted to reply with something witty but she couldn’t find the words. She looked at Glaiza as the pale girl sat at the edge of her small bed. For a moment there was silence between them. Rhian clasped her hands together and played with her fingers, contemplating to herself. After hesitating, she made her way towards Glaiza and sat next to her.

Glaiza crossed her arms and ignored Rhian. She purposely turned her body to the opposite direction, so that her back was facing Rhian.

The invisible girl sighed, again and again. She knew she should say something but she wasn’t sure how to begin. She wasn’t used to this.

She sighed again.

“Stop sighing,” said Glaiza, annoyed.

Rhian gulped.

“What is it that you want to say to me?” asked Glaiza.

“Uhh… what?”

“You said you came here to say something to me. What is it?”

Rhian bit her lip, hesitating.

“Okay, I’m just going to say this once. So you better listen carefully.”

“Kay. Just say it.”

“I….

“I?”

“I’m…”

Rhian closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It was really hard for her to say the words but she had to.

She opened her mouth and said,

“I’m sorry.”

Glaiza turned around and looked at Rhian, shocked. Hearing such humble words from her was like a dream. The chances of raining peas were higher than hearing her apology.

“And also… thank you.”

Glaiza was dumbstruck. She stared at her, eyes widen and mouth gapped in shock.

“Gosh, I can’t believe I just said that but I did. So now I don’t owe you anything anymore,” she said, returning in her usual arrogant tone.

Glaiza nodded, but not saying anything. Silence set between them again.

Rhian looked down.

“For the past three days, I went around to find answers, and find someone who could see me, other than you.”

“I even went to see my parents. But they can’t see me.”

“I went to the company and check if anyone there that could see me, but I went there for nothing. My managers, the staff I worked with, they all can’t see me.”

“I’m even invisible to my best friend, Bianca. And I’m also invisible to Lovi,” she said, rolling her eyes.

“The two people closest to me can’t see me. Trying to talk to them is like taking to the wall. And now I’m….”

“I’m all alone.”

“Glai, I don’t have anyone else…”

“I don’t know where to go or what to do…”

“I can’t do this alone, I-

Rhian paused. She looked at the Glaiza and their eyes met.

“I need you.”

***

Our dear Glaiza. Rhian needs you oh.hehe..

I hope sa mga makakabasa pa nito magenjoy kayo..

Mas okay yung magbasa kesa sa manood ng movie. Why? Kasi mas mapapalawak yung imagination natin kesa sa panonood ng movie na nakikita mo na.

Sa mga nagtatanong kung bakit madali ako magupdate. Graduate na ako kaya di na ako studyante.working dati but I took a vacation.nakakapagod.Dakilang tambay muna ako ngayon hahahaha.. so ayun na nga..

😁😁😁