CHAPTER 7

It was the day of my graduation and not just only I received my diploma but I also received a medal for being best in poetry. Mom and Cindy were there to be together with me when I received my diploma on the stage.

"Congratulations Anton, I'm so proud of you" Mom said then she kissed me on my cheeks.

"Thank you for everything Ma, without your support and Pa's; I will not be able to be what I am or where I am today." I replied

"Congratulations Love, I hope that your dreams will come true soon" Cindy said

"I hope so, without you by my side, I don't know what direction I will head on" I replied to her.

When we got home, after we ate are lunch, I received emails from my relatives congratulating me, then suddenly my phone rang. My dad's number was on the screen.

"Hi Pa" I said

"Hello Anton, congratulations for finishing your studies, I'm so proud of you, you made my stay here worth it." He replied

"Thank you Pa, I really miss you already, I hope you would come home soon and stay already for good."

"Haha let us see about that, I have to go now, always remember that I love you and your mom."

"Okay Pa, I love you too, take care always."

He ended the call.

I was hired at Zambo's Veil Co. to be one of their writers. I have written articles and poems for their newspapers, I helped too even in comic strips. One day my boss, Olivia, approached me.

"It's really good to have you here Anton; your ideas for our newspaper were very useful and brilliant." She said to me.

"Thank you Madam for the opportunity you gave to me. It's a compliment to be able to write for the leading newspaper in our city. I'm just giving my gratitude towards the company." I replied.

"Just continue your great work and in no time, you'll be promoted."

"It's harmony to my ears, thank you; your words will motivate me to work hard more"

"That's great, now I'll leave you because I have urgent matters to attend."

"Okay Madam, take care"

She said good bye then leaved.

After six months, I was promoted then my salary got higher too. I was able to buy my own car and my dad stayed already with us for good. I was very happy at that moment because it seems that there was nothing more that I could ask for in my life except one, to marry Cindy. Well she was still studying in her final year in college by then and I could wait up to the time she would be successful in her career because I didn't want to make her set aside her dreams just for me. I wanted us to be both successful in our lives when we get married. So I would wait and as they say, patience is a virtue; I hope God would bless me with that.

It was Cindy's graduation and her family was there, her mom received the diploma together with her as her dad approached me.

"Cindy finished her study already Anton, so I'm counting you to take care of my daughter from now on" He said to me

"Yes sir" I replied tensely.

"Maybe you should already call me dad"

He grinned, I hesitated to reply at first because of awkwardness but I thought it would be disrespectful so I filled up my body with courage and replied to him.

"Okay.... Dad"

I saw his eyes lit for a moment when Cindy and her mom approached us.

"What are the both of you talking about?" Cindy asked

"Oh it's nothing, I'm just saying that Anton should maybe start to call me dad now since you are finished studying already and we know where your relationship will going to get." Her dad replied to her.

"You can call me mom too." Her mom butted in

"It's too early for that you know" Cindy said

"Please hurry because I'm excited already to have a grandchild." Her dad said.

We were shocked on what he said but were laughing due to the lightness of our conversation.