CHAPTER 19

We arrived at Tondo and we started to ask the people residing there about Megan. Most of the people we had asked said that they did not have a clue about Megan. Suddenly there was a woman that who was able to hear what we were asking to a man in front of her.

"Hi. I heard that you are looking for Megan Fernandez?" The woman asked.

"Yes, do you know about her? I asked in reply.

"Yes, she is one of my tenants before. I owned an apartment that is for rent. My name is Sheena by the way."

"Okay Sheena, I'm Anton and this is Neo" I said as I touched the back of Neo.

We both shake our hands with Sheena.

"So where is Megan right now?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry to say this but she is not my tenant now, she left already." Sheena replied.

"Do you know where she will go or did she mention anything to you before she left?"

"She did not mention anything but I know where she used to work when she was still my tenant, maybe you can get a lead there."

I learned from Sheena that Megan used to be a waitress at a restaurant in a mall 10 kilometres away from Tondo.

"I really thank you Sheena." I said to her.

"You're welcome but..." She paused suddenly.

"What is it?"

She didn't speak for about 5 seconds but after that, she started talking again.

"It's nothing, good luck with your search." She said to me.

She waved her hands as we left the area to go to the said mall where inside, there was a restaurant there where Megan used to work. I could feel her sincerity but there was something odd in her smile.

We were still inside Neo's car when we were stuck on the road due to traffic congestion.

"You know Anton; the traffic here is more severe compared to your hometown." Neo said.

"Yes, I remembered when I went here for the national contest that we both participated; I also experienced a delay in my route towards the hotel caused by traffic congestion." I replied.

"I hope the government will find a solution to this problem as soon as possible."

"I hope so"

We arrived at the said mall after hours of being stuck on the road and led ourselves to a wonderful restaurant. I tried to search Megan's face hoping she was still working there. When I failed to see her there, we approached the manager of the restaurant.

"Hi, can I ask you a question?" I asked the manager.

"Yes sir, what is it that I may help you?" She asked in reply.

"Do you have an employee here whose name is Megan Fernandez?"

"Why are you asking for her sir?"

"Because I'm finding her after we lost connection due to an accident that had happened to me."

"She resigned already sir."

My hopes were crushed instantly.

"Do you know anything about her or do you have any information you can give to me regarding about her?" I asked.

"I'm sorry sir but I don't have any. After she resigned we weren't able to hear from her anymore." The manager replied.

"Okay, thank you and sorry for the bother."

"It is okay sir, you're welcome."

Neo and I left the mall and started to go towards the hotel where I was checked in by then. As we wandered the streets, I felt hopeless. I saw luminous buildings and establishments having different colours. I remembered the night where Megan and I watched the fireworks display that led us into a sweet and exciting kind of relationship.

"I will book a flight going home already." I said to Neo.

"Will you not continue your search for Megan anymore? Neo asked.

"Not anymore. Maybe we're not really meant for each other."

"Okay Anton, just remember that I'm always here for you and I wish you all the luck you can get."

"Thank you for everything that you have done just to help me Neo."

When we got to thehotel, I left the car and went straight to my room.