CHAPTER 15

I opened my eyes, it was blurry at first then after how many seconds, it became clearer. I saw many people there; some of them were in white robes and uniforms. I saw two people at the side of my bed where my body was lying.

"Pa, call the doctor right now." The woman said to the man next to him while having tears in her eyes."

"Yes Ma, right away." The man replied.

After the man leave us to call a doctor. The woman talked to me.

"Anton, we're happy that you're finally awake." She said to me.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

I saw shock in her face.

"I'm your mother Anton, do you not remember me?" She asked.

"I don't know you, and who is Anton by the way? Why are you calling me by that name?" I replied.

She began sobbing again. The doctor appeared to us with the man earlier by his side. After the woman told the doctor and to the man about our conversation, the doctor talked to me.

"Do you not remember anything before you woke up today?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, I don't remember anything and I know nothing at all." I replied.

"Do you know about yourself? What is your name? Where do you live and anything else?"

"I don't know"

I started to feel an unbearable pain inside my head and I started to scream and created havoc as my hands were squeezing my head. I just suddenly felt a needle that was inserted through my skin then I felt my world turn around then went black.

When I woke up, the man and the woman explained to me everything, which the doctor said that I was in the state of having amnesia after the plane that we boarded crashed. They also explained about me like who I was, what happened from the past, about being the winner of a national contest in poetry making, a girl named Cindy and how we loved each other before she met her death. They also explained my past work experiences like being a writer in a newspaper company and being a photographer in a government agency. Although I did not remember anything from what they have said, I just nodded and tried to listen to all the words they uttered.

During my stay at the hospital, I learned that two years have passed since the accident and all my belongings was destroyed except for a bag, they kept it on my room at our house. Two groups of people visited me during my stay. The first group are said to be my relatives. A woman named "Margie" started to cry while she was hugging me.

"I'm your auntie Margie, and you are my nephew. I'm the sister of your mother." She said to me.

I just nodded and was not able to speak anything. She knows that I was suffering from amnesia that was why she did not force the issue.

"I wish you to be well soon" She said to me.

"Thank you" I replied.

That was all I could say to her because to be honest, my mind was so blank. After a few chit-chats with my parents, my relatives left.

The second group are said to be my former co-workers at the tourism agency I was working for before the accident that have made my memories disappear. A woman named Angie cried after she saw me at my bed. She said that luckily, all of us survived the plane crash but I was the only one who suffered from a coma and that time, suffering from amnesia.

"You know Anton; we were holding our hands together hoping that we can survive during the accident." She said to me.

I found comfort in her, like she was a big sister to me that was why it wasn't hard for me to make a conversation with her.

"I hope I can get back my memories as soon as possible." I replied

"I hope so but if you need help, you can call me anytime."

"Thank you, I'll remember it."

"You really should remember it and me."

We both laughed at her statement. After they left, I ate my snack for the afternoon and let my body doze off.

I saw a girl standingbeside a huge tree, I could not see her face because it was blurred but I wassure that she was smiling at me. The next scene was by a sea shore, we wereclasping our hands together while watching a beautiful and colourful fireworks display.The next scene was we were in a room; there were candles and roses everywhere,and two glasses of wine in a table. The girl's head was lying on my chest whilemy arm was at her shoulders then she looked at me, her face was still blurry.Her face started to get nearer to mine that it was like she wanted to kiss me.When I started to ready for myself to her kiss, I woke up. It was already evening;the stars were clear at the windows of my room at the hospital because we werein the third floor of the building. My mom said that it was already time for meto eat my dinner. I still remembered that blurry dream but forgot it after howmany minutes like how ordinary dreams are being forgotten too.