CHAPTER 18

I boarded a plane that was bound to Puerto Prinsesa. I was scared at first, my heart beating fast as I was worried that the plane that I was in might crash like what happened two years ago. I was just at ease when the plane successfully landed on airport's ground. I went instantly at the place that Megan and I first met. I went to her house and to my surprise, she was not there but another faces.

"Hi" I said to the woman who was sweeping around the house.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" She replied.

"Do you know someone who goes by the name of Megan Fernandez?"

"Yes I know her, why are you asking for her?"

"I'm finding her because I had lost our contact after I met an accident that made me suffer from amnesia."

"Oh, poor kid, she had left for Manila a year ago."

"Do you have any other information about her?"

"I'm sorry but that's all I know."

"It's okay, thank you for sharing your knowledge of her to me."

"You're welcome"

I was saddened of what I'd heard. Yes, I knew that she went to Manila as the woman had said but Manila is too big and I didn't know where to start finding her there. After a day, I was left with no choice but to go back in Zamboanga City.

When I got back to my home, I started surfing the net in hope that I could find even just a glimpse of information about her. I had come across a profile that was in her name in a social media website. I learned that she resides in Tondo, Manila. I tried to message her and waited for a couple of days but failed to receive a reply.

I booked a plane ticket and a hotel reservation over the internet and remembered that Neo said that he have a business establishment in Manila. I searched for his calling card over a pile of letters under my drawer. I was successful in finding it.

NEO ALCANTARA

NEON PUBLISHING, INC.

CEO

0975xxxxxxx

I dialled his number to my phone and called him. He answered instantly.

"Hi Neo" I said.

"Oh, Hello Anton, What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I'm going to Manila in two days to attend some personal business there. Can you accompany me during my stay there?"

"Of course Anton, but can I hear about this personal business are you talking to me?"

I explained to him every detail about my relationship with Megan and as soon as I was finished talking about it to him, he agreed to accompany me.

"Thank you very much Neo." I said.

"You're welcome Anton, so see you here." He replied.

"Yes, see you there."

When I arrived at Manila airport, Neo was the one who fetched me.

"Anton! Over here." Neo yelled.

I approached him as soon as I heard his yell. After we grab our snacks in a donut shop inside the airport, we turned to his car and drove smoothly to the hotel that I reserved for myself.

"So Anton, what are your plans?" Neo asked me.

"I think by 9am, I will be going to Tondo to search for her there." I replied.

"How will you do it?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'll ask the residents there about her. Will you accompany me there?"

"Yes of course, but we just need to be extra careful while we're there because you know, Tondo has been reported of many heinous people residing there.

"Yes, I know but I should not let fear overwhelm me. This is maybe the last chance or the only way that I'll be able to make myself reconnect with Megan.

"I understand you Anton."

We arrived at the hotel and after I led myself out of his car, he rolled down the car's window.

"So, I'll be here 9am tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes Neo, 9am." I replied.