CHAPTER 14

As I was packing my things for the flight, I did not forget to put the notebook that contained all of the memories of my visit in Puerto Prinsesa into my bag. The notebook contained photographs of different places, things and foods that I took and on the last page, the developed picture of Megan standing beside the tree where I took a picture of her and a copy of the poem I gave to her. When I finished packing my things, I led myself downstairs at the lobby. I saw my co-workers and Angie there waiting for our other companions.

"Are you ready to leave Anton?" Angie asked.

"I'm sad that we will go back home already." I replied.

"Why? Don't you miss your parents?"

"Of course, I miss them but it's like paradise here that I could live here forever"

Little did Angie know that the real reason I didn't like to go home yet was Megan.

"Maybe you had met some pretty lady here." Angie said

I was shocked and a bit tensed. I didn't know if they had known about Megan and me.

"Or maybe it's the taste of the food here." Angie continued

I just laughed at her. Suddenly our service that would take us to the airport arrived. We led ourselves inside the service.

We were at the airport awaiting the arrival of the plane that would take us back to Zamboanga City. After I ate my snack, I led myself into a corner where no one would hear me. I fished for my phone in my pocket then I dialled Megan's number. After a couple of seconds, she answered her phone.

"Hi Megan" I said.

"Hello Anton, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm just okay; we're here already inside the airport, waiting for the plane that is due to us. How are you?"

"I'm fine too; I'm just helping our locals clean the area around here to maintain the beauty of our tourist spots. Anton, take care of yourself and call me when you arrive already in Zamboanga City."

"Yes Megan, you should take care of yourself too and never let your body become exhausted too much. I love you."

"Yes Anton, I love you too."

I ended the call and walked towards my co-workers to accompany them in waiting for our plane.

When we got inside the plane, we made ourselves comfortable in our seats and tucked in our seatbelts. We laughed together as we cracked jokes with one another. Angie was on my side.

"I will really miss this trip Anton." Angie said.

"Me too, I hope we can come back here soon." I replied.

"I hope so but the chance is low."

"Why?"

"Because I'm sure that we will be assigned at a different location after this and the sad thing is we will be reshuffled, there will be different members and different teams again."

"That's so sad."

Angie just smiled then let her eyes closed to take a nap. I did the same after our plane departed from the ground to the sky.

I suddenly woke up due to the vibration of my body and loud noises. I was shocked on what I saw. Everyone was panicking, crying and praying. Our plane was experiencing a severe turbulence. I felt that my heart would rip off from my chest and all of my insides would go outside my mouth. I could see also through the eyes of the stewards of the plane that they were also scared. That was when I started to think that that turbulence was not normal anymore. Things started to be in chaos. Food and drinks spilled and tossed everywhere, and magazines and newspapers flew everywhere.

"What will happen to us?" Angie asked while holding my hands.

"I don't know but just hope that we'll land safely." I replied.

We were praying togetherwhen the speaker turned on. The captain said that there was something wrong inthe system and they were trying to fix it. After the speaker turned off, wesuddenly felt like there was a change in the shift of the gravity. We felt thatwe were plunging to the bottom of the air in a downward slope. Everyonescreamed, Angie and I screamed as we held each other's hand more intensely.Then suddenly, everything turned white then black.