CHAPTER 10

My face that was once cleanly shaved was covered with pubic hair by then after weeks of being stuck in my room and not taking care of my looks. My parents were worried already so one night, my mom confronted me.

"Anton, you must live your life already" She pleaded.

I was just ignoring her while watching a cartoon show in my television. She uttered words and I kept ignoring her until I heard her crying and began to give her my attention.

"Anton, even though you lost Cindy, we're still here, me and your dad, are we not enough reason for you to still continue to live?" She asked while crying.

I started to cry too and she hugged me.

"I'm sorry Ma for all the worries that I brought you." I said to her.

"It's all okay my son, just continue to live" She replied.

She kissed me on my forehead and wiped my tears away.

The next day, while my parents were busy arranging the dining table for breakfast, they were surprised when I showed up to them in a formal wear.

"Hmm... Ma's dishes are the best among the rest." I said.

Both my parents just laughed at my statement, removing the shock on their faces.

"Of course Anton, that why I fall in love with your mother." Dad said.

"Quit at your jokes already and get ready to eat" Mom said.

My dad and I just laughed while settling ourselves in the dining table. While we're eating, they talked with me.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Mom asked.

"I intend to apply for a job" I replied.

"Oh that's great Anton, I will wish you well." Dad said.

"Okay Pa, thank you." I replied.

Then after eating my breakfast, I waved my hand on them to bid a good bye then I led myself in my car.

I was hired to be a photographer in government's tourism agency. You must be wondering why I was a photographer instead of a writer. It was because I lost my touch in writing when I lost Cindy. I didn't want to write anymore so I settled myself to be a photographer.

I was taking photos of different foods and tourist spots in Zamboanga City. I was also capturing photos of events like festivals and different parties in the city. My seniors were very pleased on my work because I was very diligent in what I was doing. One day, Ben, one of my seniors approached me.

"Congrats Anton, you are selected to be a part of the team that will go to Puerto Prinsesa to capture photos and interview locals there for the betterment of our own eco-tourism here in Zamboanga City." He said.

"Wow, that's big. I'll do my best, Thank you Ben." I replied.

"You really deserved it; I hope you enjoy your stay there."

"Of course, that's Puerto Prinsesa. I'm really sure that I could enjoy there and I'm already currently excited about it."

Ben just laughed andhe took his leave, he said that he had still work to do.