CHAPTER 11

We arrived at Puerto Prinsesa and we settled ourselves in a hotel nearby. The next morning, we travelled via hired van to different tourist spots the place had. I was able to capture photos of beaches, lakes, animals and many more tourist spots. We also spoiled ourselves with different foods the place had to offer.

"It's like we are in a paradise" Angie said.

She was one of my co-workers.

"Yeah, If only I could stay here forever, I would do it." I replied

We arrived at our next destination. I was amazed of how wonderful the surroundings of the place were. White sand with sea shells on the sides, a clear ocean that reflected the hue of the sky, azure and the stalls on the shore. I was also amazed on the fact that they maintained peace, order and cleanliness over the place despite of the huge number of visitors they had. I was finding an angle to capture within the sight of my camera lens when I noticed a lady that was sitting by a rock. She was pretty, short black hair with a fair skin. I tried to capture her candid because it was like a painting, the blue sky, the blue ocean, the white sand and the shiny rock matched her beauty. When I focused my camera lens on her spot, she suddenly turned to face me then she smiled and made a peace sign with her flawless and pretty little hand. I was shocked that I had almost let go of my camera. She laughed at me as I stumbled to avoid my camera on hitting the ground. I approached her irritably.

"What's funny?" I said to her.

"You tried to steal a shot on me but you didn't know that I have noticed you already before you started to focused your camera on me" She replied with a smile.

"Okay"

"You're not from here, are you?"

"I'm from Zamboanga City. I'm just here for work and a bit of exploring too."

"That explains your accent."

She paused for a bit then rose up from where she seated. She gestured her hand signalling she wanted to shake hands with me.

"I'm Megan, and you are?" She asked.

"I'm Anton" I said, shaking her hands.

"How long have you been here?"

"I just arrived yesterday."

"Oh, so what can you say about our place?"

"Are you from here?"

"Yes, I just live nearby."

She pointed the direction where she lived.

"Have you tried already to view the stalls here?" She asked.

"I still did not." I answered

"I see, come with me, and let me be your tourist guide for this day."

She led me to different stalls, where foods, clothes, accessories and other things were for sale. She also showed me different areas of the place and I took pictures of everything that she showed me. We came close to a wonderful tree that was surrounded by flowers and flying butterflies.

"This site is very beautiful." I said to her.

"Yes, our locals maintain all our tourist spots here because it is the main source of our local government's income. Without our tourist spots, I don't know what Puerto Prinsesa will be." She replied.

"Can you stand there, beside that tree?"

"Why?"

"I would like to take a photo of this surrounding, with you in it."

"Okay, just be sure to take the shot properly, I don't want to look bad in the picture that you will take."

"Yes, you can trust me haha."

"Be sure of that."

I nodded then she started to stand beside the tree to pose and I was able to capture a picture that was perfect.

Later that night when I got to the hotel, after I ate my dinner and took my bath. I took my cell phone from the table and scanned for Megan's number. I learned that her full name is Megan Fernandez. She gave it to me earlier saying that to contact her if there would be anything that I would need or she could help. When I had able to seek her number, I texted her saying thank you for being my guide for that day. After a couple of minutes, I received a reply saying that I was welcome, then I replied back saying good night to her then I also received the same text. I placed my cell phone back at my desk and indulged myself into a sleep with a smile on my face readying for tomorrow's set of activities.