Will You Marry Me Again?

Corey dashed quickly down the halls; his heart was racing. He didn't know why but tonight felt different and his concern for Nana was growing by the minute.

Nana was old and barely remembered how to take care of herself so the longer she went missing the worse her health became. Corey found it very odd that Kaya had managed to make an appearance after he discovered the note. He now had a sneaking suspicion she didn't write it.

"Open up Esme" he yelled banging on her cabin door.

The door opened and Esme eyed Corey with distaste, "If it isn't the rainbow troll live in person" she said dryly.

Corey didn't have time for this, "listen here hoe-ella, something's not right, and last time you knew exactly which direction to point everyone. Have you seen Nana or Ben?" he asked frantically.

The reason why Esme knew where to go last night was because she was low key- high key stalking Keith, but she would never admit that to Corey.

Esme wrinkled her nose as she yawned, "I don't have time to play Nancy Drew with you. I don't know where your ancient sidekick dust bowl is, and I haven't seen the third party in Keith's marriage" she muttered.

Corey bit his fingernail growing desperate by the second, "please, I'm going way beneath my standards to beg, but did you see anything odd today? I'm afraid that my friends may be in serious trouble" he begged.

Esme shrugged stepping outside to talk. Her green eyes peered curiously around, "I try to mind my own business,...but I could have sworn I saw Ben dragging Kaya out of his room earlier. I happened to be in the area" she lied.

Corey put his hands up as if he was praising the Lord, "Now you pick to mind your business! The one time you see something that may be relevant?!" he shrieked.

Something was going on, first Ben had taken Kaya away to talk privately and now this.

Corey grabbed Esme's hand, "come on Esme-thot-ta we are breaking into Ben's room! We are going to get to the bottom of this" he proclaimed.

Esme shook her head putting the brakes on his plan, "Whoa! I am not apart of this, I am on vacation whatever love triangle Keith found himself in. I already promised I wouldn't get involved" she said crossing her arms, "sorry I can't help" She shrugged.

Corey huffed, "Do it for your friend Keith, he may be in serious trouble! You owe him everything and who knows this may be your chance to prove your wifey" he winked, trying to bait her into coming.

It worked, Esme's eyes lit up, "you know I suddenly have some free time," she said putting on her shoes.

Kaya sat rigidly in the chair. If only she could enjoy how beautiful and special tonight was. She tapped her metal spoon nervously against the table, drumming it into the silence.

Keith cleared his throat, as they continued to eat. Kaya looked so uncomfortable like she would rather be anywhere but here.

Keith sighed getting up, "come on let's dance," he said extending his hands. Perhaps that would make this moment less awkward.

Kaya got up quickly remembering the plan Ben had set in motion. He told her that she was to entertain Keith through the late afternoon while he packed. So that they could run off into the sunset together, and then she was to tell Keith she didn't love him or else...

Kaya considered just running away or telling someone but she was afraid that Ben would get to her family before she accessed help. She wondered how fast a speeding bullet was?

Ben had dressed her up for the special occasion picking a gown that was worthy of a gem, and then he had kissed her and told her exactly what to say in order to save Nana's life.