Chapter 1

"Seriously, how can this be 10 dollars for a damn water bottle!" I heard a lady yell at the front desk.

"I'm sorry miss but this is a water bottle PACK" the cashier said "uhhh fine, take the money." the lady says throwing the cash at the cashier and leaves with the water... "Damn it, I am so sick of her bullshit" I heard the cashier say under his breath.

"Hey you okay?" I ask walking over to the cashier, he was maybe in his late 40s, early 50s and he was tall and a little fat but okay, he had hazelnut brown hair and green eyes.

"I'm alright miss, I'm sorry about that, that was my ex wife." he says with a giggle and a smirk while rolling his eyes

"Oh it's alright, I just wanted to make sure you are okay." I said giggling while placing a coffee and a salad box on the counter.

"On the house miss, I get payed extra for dealing with costumers like her." he said giving me the coffee and salad

"Really! Thank you, but I am gonna leave a tip for handeling her like a grown man." I said with a laugh while taking the food.

"Have a nice evening miss." He said smiling at me.

I smile back and headed to my truck that was just outside, I see that my truck was unlocked when I did lock it but it doesn't really matter, this is Arizona, where everyone is nice I thought rolling my eyes, I got into my seat and started driving. I see that a car is following me when I was driving, I made 5 lefts and 7 rights and the same red van is behind me so I decided to call someone.

"Shit, I forgot my phone at work." I yelled while slamming the breaks at the red light. 20 minutes later of being mad...

I finally calmed down when I started to pull into the parking lot by my apartment building when I see the red van again, I started to panic while getting out of my truck grabbing my stuff, I started to walk fast to the door when all of a sudden there was a gust of cold wind that went by me and I turned around to see a man, he was pretty tan, he had icy blue eyes and dark brown hair and he was very fit, he might even have a 6 pack and he was maybe 6'foot. I looked at him dead in the eye and his eyes turned deep and dark red looking at me with a smile and I dropped my food while my mouth was open, I was about to scream but he put his hand out my mouth and his other hand around my waist then he dragged me to the side of his van and threw me in there and say 'sleep' while snapping his fingers and I blacked out.

I woke up to soft music and a moving car and my leg was chained to the wall but how!!! Cars don't do that... I had 2 pillows under my head and a blanket on my body.

"Where am I?" I asked sitting up, he didn't answer, I waited five minutes before asking again. "WHERE AM I?!" I asked almost yelling.

"You are in a van with me because I kidnapped you." He said staring at me through the mirror with his glowing red eyes.

"That doesn't answer my question." I said glaring at him.

"You only asked where you are." he said smiling at me. I have  admit his smile was cute.

"I mean location wise, at least answer that before you kill me." I said staring at him dead in the eye.

"We are in Las Vegas, New Mexico, and I am not going to kill you, you are too special." He said looking up at me.

"WHAT! The hell!!! and what do you mean 'I'm too special?" I asked almost yelling.

"I will explain to you when we get to Colorado in the morning, it is a very long drive, would you like to sit in the passenger seat, I will unlock you from the chain or would you rather sleep?" he asked putting his hand by the seat.

"I would rather not, I will stay back here..." I answered dozing off while seeing the time, 4:38am..

'AMBER HELP ME, IM FALLING!!!!!' I heard my brother yell falling off the cliff just barely missing the edge. 'Hold on Micheal, IM COMING!'  grabbing his hand, he took it and looked at me dead in the eye. 'Amber, he is coming with her, you must stay away, STAY AWAY! promise me Amber!' MIcheal yells putting his thumb on my wet cheek. "NO MICHEAL I CAN SAVE YOU JUST GIVE ME YOUR OTHER HAND AND who is HE?!'  I yell trying to pull him up. 'Amber I promise I will be back just let go and run, please, you are my little sister, please survive!' He said slipping from my hand. I yelled 'NO' but he just smiled at me and disappeared in the dust. RUN Amber RUN. I started to run and run and I couldn't stop.

I wake up to a slam on the car breaks and I sat up rubbing my head because my head slammed against the door from the sudden jerk just a few moments ago.

"Shit, god damn-it old people..." I heard the vampire say under his breath.

"Fuck my head." As I whispered that I touched the side of my head and saw a little bit of blood. "Shit, how the fuck does a slam on the breaks do that." I said under my breath.

"Amber, are you alright?" he said parking the van on the side of the road.

"Yah I'm alright and how the hell do you know my name?" I asked looking up.

"Your drivers license. Let me check that." He said unbuckling his seat belt and opening his door while heading to my door.

while he opened my door he climbed onto the seat next to mine and he looked at me. "Are you sure I can trust you, you are a fucking vampire after all?" I asked while he took my hand and looked at me.

"Yes, I know how to control my thirst, just let me clean it and wrap it up." He said letting go of my hand and taking my head and tilting it.

"Okay I guess..." I said looking at his lap that was covered in a bandage and napkins. I look at him when he finishes and he looks at me smiling.