Chapter 11

"Amber, you remember me?" Cory asked while his faced was lightning up. I looked at him and took his hand and stared into his eyes.

"Yes Cory, I do." He looked at me placing his hand on my neck while I said that. "I'm sorry Cory, my memory was erased by... MY PARENTS, I remember them too!" I started to smile

"What the hell is going on?" Tom asked placing a hand on both of our shoulders and turning us both towards him.

"Tom, it's a long story and now that you know she knows me, your gonna come with us and find out because, you guys are really close and I don't wanna ruin the friendship." Cory said placing his hand on Tom's shoulder and smiling a friendly smile.

"Well if it means to protect Amber, I'll go." Tom said with a smile then went to stare at me and his face expression meant 'you want me to go'.

"Well then you're going Tom, the house is huge, I'll just have Marie have our apartment, she is living with her grandma so might as well let her have a place to herself." I said looking at Tom with a faint smile.

***

We then looked at each other and knew that we need to get Tom and myself packed, we left the police station saying they have an answer to my case of lost memory, we got everything packed at the apartment, then I called Marie and she came to say goodbye for a long time, it took a while to convince her that we were going on a business trip instead of living with vampires, then she'll think we are crazy and she knows vampires, she had a rough childhood so I don't want her to know because then she would wanna go, and I don't wanna hurt her. We then got to the car. We had to drive 18 hours, thank god there were 2 people with me to talk to threw the night instead of one, I guess I like to have more people with me. We had Cory drive first, the two boys sat in the front while I was on my phone in the back looking for answers to where Dalayla could be based on what I heard about her, she seems to maybe like the cold so maybe Minnesota or Michigan and she could be cold harden, I smiled thinking this. I looked up to see Tom and Cory laughing with each other, you can tell they are best friends. I looked out the window to see snow already in Colorado so maybe Dalayla and Noah could be here! They could be following us, I looked behind to see a white SUV and I saw a boy and a girl sitting up front smiling and I looked back to the front scared that we might be endangered.

"Cory? I think Dalayla and Noah are following us..." I leaned closer to the front to talk with them and be right by them, I looked at Cory's expression which was worry and that made me worry and then I looked over at Tom who was confused about what was happening.

"No, it can't be, can it?" Cory said moving the mirror to see the SUV behind us and his mouth dropped. "Holy shit, we need to get out of here, hold on to your seat belts." Cory slammed the gas pedal and we drove fast, thank god there was no people in the road to block us while we drove. We were going like 80 miles an hour, I looked at Tom and he was holding on to the arm rest with a harder grip and I could see his vanes pop out. Tom looked over at me and he was excited and scared at the same time, I just smiled because I don't have words to say right now.

"Okay guys, we are about to enter the 'fantasy world' so hold on again." Cory said speeding up faster than ever, I looked behind to see Dalayla and Noah pretty far behind but not far enough to not see their faces, I could see them yelling at each other, maybe through frustration, then I see someone else in the back of the SUV. Grandma was back there and I looked back at Tom and he was surprised there was an old lady.

"Okay, what is the fantasy world?" Tom asked looking at Cory and then Cory just said he'll explain it at the house. I started to get tired when Cory when said we were about to get in the other world, I then slept.

***

"Hey guys, wake up, we are home." Cory said shaking my leg and patting Tom's shoulder, I looked up to see the mansion and I looked over at Cory in confusion and giving him a face saying 'are we safe for a bit?', he just nodded his head and then I looked over at Tom who was starting to wake up, he looked at the mansion and his eyes widen, I smiled when I saw that and so did Cory, I remembered seeing this house when I first met my family, wait are they here?

"Cory is my family here, if so where?" I asked unbuckling my seatbelt and opening the door to step out for some fresh air, I just realized we never stopped on the drive and the drive was very short, is there another portal to get to the 'fantasy world'.

"No, unfortunately, only Mike and Clare and Ms. Lauren. So tonight we will have pizza and we will try to rest." Cory said getting out of the car while Tom was already by me on the other side.

"oh alright" I was a little sad because well I would like to see my parents but I can't until they get back and that might take a while.

I got out of the van and got my suitcase out of the trunk and so did Tom and Cory led us in the house to get to our rooms, we went up the right staircase to our rooms, I think I got a different room but how would I know, I forgot what the old one I had looks like, Tom and Cory shared a room because Cory's room looked like the living room, it was huge and he had an extra bed so what best friends wouldn't share a bedroom together. I went to go look at their room and there was star wars posters and action figures on a shelf but maybe it was Cory's old kid stuff, I leaned on the door to look at the room and Tom scared me from behind, I have to admit, I screamed when he did that and then Cory ran out of the bathroom with a towel on his bottom half, I guess he was going to shower, which reminded me, I need to but why are we all acting like nothing happened, we just saw Noah and Dalayla but maybe we will be safe, for now...