Chapter 12

The hot water felt good touching my body, I haven't showered for a couple days because I was depressed for a while because of no memory with what happened but since the flashbacks kept coming back and forth, I remembered each one at a time then when all of the memories came at one time. It hurt so bad until Cory held on to me and then I remembered, I remembered having him kidnap me to see my family, I remember what that son of a bitch grandma did and I remember many more that I can't even count. I looked down at my bare naked body and see the cuts on my wrist from cutting myself since middle school, from boyfriends to bullying to losing my dog, Izzy. She was an amazing dog who helped me with my depression and anxiety through all the shit I have been through but I always kept a smile as long as I could when Izzy was by my side, now I just have the memories. I looked at my stomach too which also had marks but not cuts, abuse marks, deep bruises that would never go away from my abusive boyfriends but that is in the past so I will keep my head high and keep going through life as it comes.

"Amber, you almost done, you have been in there for almost an hour, dinner is almost done!" I heard Cory yell from outside the bathroom door with a knock.

"Yeah, just let me dry off and get dressed." I turned off the shower and grabbed my phone from the window ledge and it said 6:30, I actually have been in here for almost an hour... I grabbed the towel on the railing and dried quickly and threw on my leggings and sweatshirt and put my hair into a tight bun, I don't give a shit if its bad for your hair, imma do it anyway. I opened the door to see Tom and Cory standing right there. "What's up guys." I said walking past them as Tom grabbed my arm and put my over his back. "What the fuck Tom, why am I on your back?"

"We are both hungry and I am going to carry you because you walk very slow and you know it." Tom said walking fast, but he did have a point, I walk very slow. I looked at Cory behind Tom, he was quietly laughing under his breath and he looked up and smiled at me, that made me smile as well.

"Okay, Tom I can walk on my own now." I said jumping off of Tom and looking at him in the eyes.

"Okay, now let's eat, seriously, I could eat a horse, we haven't eaten in like 7 hours and I will..."

"Woah big boy, stop complaining and start eating." Cory said walking in the kitchen as I followed. There was 3 boxes of pizza and damn, it looked good as hell. Tom ran to the pizza and ate a slice so fast, it was like a vampire. As for me, I walked and ate mine slowly, I'm used to not eating, I always starved myself in high school to be skinny and if I eat too fast, I will throw up. Tom ate 5 slices under 7 minutes and he said he was about to throw up, I only just finished my first slice. I just laughing at Tom, Cory on the other hand ate only 3 slices. I went to thee fridge and opened it to see a lot of drinks, it looked like a fridge from KUWTK, I swear. I looked over at Cory and he just nodded, I just grabbed an orange juice because I didn't feel like drinking tonight, I left the room to go to the living room and there were more portraits, I thought I remembered only like 6 portraits, I noticed that some of them had photos of me since I stayed here for two weeks (a year in the human world) and we took some photos together and I saw a photo of me and Cory, I just smiled when I saw this then I fell on my knees crying. I don't know why, I guess I just needed to let out a cry by myself, I remembered something from high school, I vowed to never love again when my boyfriend or fiancé cheated on me with that little snotty bitch but I am loving again, I love Cory, I want him, I wanna love him, I want him to love me, I have an urge for him to touch me, but does he feel the same for me.

"Knock, Knock. Are you alright?" I heard Tom say while he walked in and sat next to me.

"Yah, I'm alright, just tired." I said wiping the tears away and standing up, as did Tom.

"You sure Amber?" Tom said picking up my chin and looking down at me like a child.

"Yah, I'm alright, I promise." I looked at him in the eye when I said that, he was seriously like my big brother, he protected me through everything, he helped with all the bullshit during middle and high school. He looked at me like he smelled shit but he believed me and we walked out of the room to see Cory looking at the chandelier. We all headed upstairs and we all headed to my room to watch a movie I guess, I was guessing the boys were scared of the storm outside so they came with me to my room.