Chapter 15

We got to the house and I already see a dinner table set and I already felt sick to my stomach, I don't know why but I felt really sick right now and all I wanted to do was sleep and take a bath. I look over at Cory who was walking to the dining room while Tom was following behind him, as for me, I went to my room. I walked up the stairs and opened my door to see a message on the wall, I gasped when I saw this. I walked over to the message and it said 'Meet me in the woods behind the house at midnight , COME ALONE' 

I fell to my knees and kept looking at the message in red thinking, how did someone get in here? Who wants to see me? Why me? I looked at the group as I sad on my butt and then I didn't move from that spot for a while. I didn't answer to my calls or texts, I didn't go to find someone to see this, I didn't come when people yelled for me. I was just empty right now, I couldn't believe why I was chosen to have a life like this, why can't I have a life like Marie, she's perfect, then there is me. I have a disgusting body with cuts and bruises, I have people who want me dead, and I don't know what to do. I then start crying, I couldn't stop crying, it felt good to let the stress out. I then heard two sets of feet coming up the stairs, I then stood up and wiped the tears away and looked back at the wall to make it look like I just got in here. I saw Tom and Cory coming upstairs, of course it was them, I couldn't hold in the tears, once I saw them walk in, I burst out crying hysterically and fell on my knees with my hands to my face. I'm surprised that I'm crying this much, I never cried this much when I finished college but all this stress and all the thoughts are too much it hurts through my body and brain. I felt Cory lifting me up and pulling me into his chest, I felt so weak. Tom was rubbing my back and asking me what was wrong and I couldn't talk, I was crying too hard that when I spoke, I sounded like I was dying on the inside and out.

"Amber, what is wrong?" Cory said rubbing my head and lifting my head to see my face all red and puffy with tears all over my face.

"I...I...I cant.....do it...anymore." I looked up at Cory who's face was caring and warm while looking into my eyes, I then turned around to see Tom looking at the message while rubbing my shoulder.

"Amber, it is gonna be okay, I promise, whatever happens to you, I will protect you, so will Tom, your parents and your grandfather." Cory said rubbing my cheek and made a warm smile.

"Cory, I know you want me to be okay an want me to think everything will be okay but, I don't know what to do, I can't handle this, I used to be able to, but I can't but I want you and everyone else I love to be okay." I said holding in tears and pauses. Cory then picked up my chin and kissed my lips with his warm and soft lips. He then let go and looked into my eyes.

"I know Amber, but please stay strong and stay awake to see what will happen soon, please." Cory said rubbing my neck, he then stood up and picked me up with him.

"Meet me in the woods behind the house at midnight, Come alone?" Tom said touching the red paint and rubbing it together. "It's fresh paint." Tom said having Cory touch it with his finger tip, Cory then inhaled the scent of the room then exhaled and looked at the window.

"Holy Fuck." Cory said turning to me "There is something I got to tell you but it has to be at dinner where everyone can hear." Cory said touching my hair and rubbing my head.

"Fuck, life is going fucking great for me, isn't it." I said sarcastically. Tom and Cory looked at me and just did a slight smile knowing what I meant.

***

The hot water felt good on my skin. Thank god Tom knows what I needed when I'm sad, Cory is amazing but he doesn't really know me, yah we had sex but he only knows a few things about me. I looked over at the mirror in the shower and turned to my side to see no fat, I don't think I had much to eat this whole human year of being gone from here. I could see some rib and I could see my hip bone. I haven't been this skinny since like middle school or maybe even high school, holy shit. I looked down to see the cuts on my skin remembering the men who abused me and remembering what happened when I was a child that I couldn't tell anyone or my little brother would die maybe even my older brother, I had to let this man touch me, my uncle's friend, George. When George was over he touched and raped me every time even at night when my uncle was drunk and George was sober but while I was thinking that I remembered something, I went to look under my left breast and saw a bite mark that looked years old and I remembered that my uncle's friend was a vampire, he must've erased my vampire memories as a child when my aunt walked in on him touching me while I screamed in pain from his venom trying to take over, I then looked over to the door to see the door knob moving. I turned off the shower and dried myself fast and put on the silk robe to cover my body.

"Who is it!?" I yelled through the door and unlocking the door slowly then opening it to see Tom and Cory trying to open the door and then looked up too see me looking confused.

"Amber hurry up and get dressed, we have something to show you." I saw Tom smiling and Cory having a very big smile.

"Okay, Okay, I know what to do." I said with a smile closing the door then I walked over the mirror and I put my hair into a bun and I threw on a bra and thong and put on leggings and a sweater.

"Hey Amber, are you..." I opened the door before Tom could finish his question. Cory looked at Tom and just smiled, I don't know why. We all walked out of my room and walked down the stairs into the dining room and I see two people I haven't seen for years.

Micheal and Issac.