Chapter 2

"um we should probably get going." I said coughing breaking the silence between us.

"Ya of course, would you like me to unlock you from the chain and you can sit up front." He asked

"sure, its not like I'm gonna escape, you're too fast." I said with a smirk and he undid me from the chain and took my hand and walked me to the front seat to make sure I wouldn't escape, then he sat me down and buckled me in. Does he know I can buckle myself? He closed the door and then closed the back doors and he finally got into his seat and started to drive fast, it felt like we were in a race.

"Holy crap, why so fast, ummm." I asked not knowing his name feeling pretty rude, but why should I feel rude for my kidnapper...

"It's Cory and we need to try to get to Nebraska before sunset." He said pointing at his GPS.

"Oh, well, why did you need to kidnap me, you said you would explain?" I asked looking at him slowly looking at his lips.

"Oh ya, well, you are a vampire but you are a human, your mother was a vampire but your father was human, that is why you were raised by your aunt and uncle, they are werewolves but your aunt was a human before meeting your uncle. Your parents were taken by your grandparents and then hidden from the world, they left you here for a normal life with your aunt Ellen and Uncle Jeff." He looked at me quickly and then back at the road "I don't know why they took your parents but I wouldn't blame them, you wouldn't have been able to survive the deadly world, where all 'fantasy tales live'. But you are in danger from your cousin, Dalayla and your other cousin, Noah. They are twins so they are nuts, and apparently someone else is with them but I don't know who" he said firmly gripping his hands on the wheel.

"What, My aunt and uncle told me my parents died in an accident when I was 3, and I'm part vampire, WTF. But why did you take me instead of my parents, and I'm in danger, what the hell" I said rubbing my wrists.

"Your parents asked me too, I am a family friend, I have known your family for centuries, except your father but he became a vampire because of your mother but it was when they were making love I guess, and we will find out more about 'you being in danger when we get there." he said biting his lip.

"How old are you?" I asked turning down the music a little. "I am 125 years old. I am 100 years older than you." He said smiling. I didn't answer him, I just kept staring out the window thinking, thinking about what my older brother Michael said in my dream. 'he is coming with her, RUN.' what did he mean 'him'? Who is 'her'? How am I in danger for doing nothing? I looked back over at Cory who was lip syncing to the music, his eyes were really pretty while he stared out the window, the sun hits them perfectly and he was intimating me with his smile to the music. I knew this song by heart and it was hard not to sing to it, I usually sing my heart out to this song with my best friend Maria. I was smiling while I thought this, then Cory looked at me and smiled, it felt like the world around us was gone and it was just the two of us. What am I thinking? Why would I like him for kidnapping me or maybe even love? But we just met, I don't even know him but I feel like I do... my parents did leave me 'die' at age 3 so maybe he knew me as a child but I don't know. I looked away breaking the eye contact. He also did the same and then he reached over to the glove box in the car that was right in front of me, 4 inches away from my knees. He took out a letter and gave it to me. I looked at him when he did and he told me it was a letter from my parents.

Dear my sweet Amber, I wish we were able to grow up with you and see you grow into a beautiful young woman. I had this young man Cory come and get you because he can hide his secret of being a vampire. I hope when you get here that we will get to know each other darling. We love you very much. Sincerely, your mother and father

"wow I actually have a family, I thought all this time they died, is my brother alive too?" I said while a tear went down my face.

"Ya you do, and your brother is alive but he went missing, one fact about your brother is that he is a vampire, well because he was born that way." he answered

"REALLY! oh my god, I thought he only lived in my dreams telling me about what life was like before my family 'died' but they all really just left or went missing." I said smiling

"Ya, me and your brother are pretty close, he is about 114 years old, that is why he is much older than you, he has a different father but he died from natural causes but your mother turned him into a vampire." He said taking my hand

"wow!? I always thought he was just 15 years older than me but I guess not" I said giggling.

"Ha, I guess you were wrong." He said letting go of my hand and then he smiled when he did...

"Do they talk about me? Do they have a life planned for me there? Do they wanna actually get to know me?" I asked while playing with my hands and biting my lip looking at him.

"yes they do Amber, I guess they have a life planned for you if they wanna see you, and of course they do, they always talk about you and always wanted to see what you look like." He said taking my hand again while looking at me.