Chapter 4

'Amber, wake up please, Amber please!!!' I heard a little voice scream and then I opened my eyes to see my younger brother. 'Issac I'm alright, it's okay, I'm here.' I whispered while placing my hand on his cheek that was full of tears. 'No it is not alright, you are about to die, don't leave me here with him and her, please they wanna kill us all. Stay alive please, Stay awake please stay awake, I love you. AH SHE IS COMING, PLEASE STAY ALIVE AND AWAKE!'  'What do you mean 'her', who is she! ISSAC!!'

"ISSAC!" I yelled sitting up from my seat, I noticed that I was alone and the car was parked by a gas pump and then I see Cory walking out the gas station to the car, I pretend to fake sleep, I don't know why I did but I guess I wanted too. *door opens*

"Good afternoon Amber, We are in Nebraska, we have 3 more hours to go until we get to our destination." Cory says sounding like a GPS and then I feel a hand on my thigh that made my back shiver so I sat up.

"Sup, how long have I been sleeping?" I asked opening the mirror above me and putting my hair in a bun.

"Well you have been sleeping for 5 or maybe even 6 hours, and by the way I got you another coffee because well I guess you maybe needed it." Cory said handing me the coffee, ugh it smells like hazelnut.

"Thank you. Wow I usually don't sleep that much, usually I never sleep." I said shrugging my shoulders and taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well maybe it's because you probably stay up a lot working and doing bills but let's get going." He said starting the car engine and speeding out making me almost spill my coffee.

"Holy shit, that was fast." I said slapping his shoulder while we both laughed. I have to admit, I'm slowly falling for him and not caring I left my life behind back in Arizona. Nebraska is my home state based on what my aunt and uncle told me when I was younger and they told me about all the places here, I loved it here, we visited it every time we visited my great uncle Paul. My uncle Paul was amazing but he sadly died in 2003 at age 95 but he was so wise and knows what life used to be like back then, I think he was born in the 1910s but I don't know. I wish he could've lived longer but he couldn't because he had cancer. Maybe I could go visit his grave. *BEEP* I heard Cory slam on the horn because of this lady in front of us but of course she was old, we drove past her and I saw that she was maybe in her 70s and she had gray hair with a few brown streaks in it.

"Damn it old people. I shouldn't be talking, I'm over 200 years old." Cory says with a smirk.

"Ha, true, I just remembered I used to visit Nebraska all the time." I said with a giggle.

"Really, Nebraska is my home state, I lived here my whole life until I was about 23." He said pointing east. "That is the direction we are going, we are going to be staying in a mansion and you will be having your own room right next to mine."

"Wow, We were from the same state and now I get my own room." I said looking at him, we smiled at each other that felt like forever but we only smiled for like 30 seconds at the red light, I am seriously falling for him, I feel like he might be falling for me, 'says me never' I looked at his lips and I almost drooled  so I looked away when we started to drive again.

3 hours and 23 minutes and 45 seconds later...

I opened my eyes from my hour nap and see a huge black and gray mansion, I see that their is a shield over the land we are in, maybe it is because this is the 'fantasy' world. We started to get onto the long drive way full of rocks and dirt and I notice that there is bushes full of roses and all types of flowers and then I see fountains around the area with stone holders, I notice that there is a big black gate with rose shaped metal framing it. The whole place was beautiful, the whole area spelled like vanilla or maybe peppermint. I see that Cory is looking at me while I'm looking at the window, we make eye contact when he stopped the car to push the button. He smiled at me which made me smile and legs started to close together.

"We're here, I hope you like your new home." He said with a smirk

"It's amazing, I'd rather be here than at my own home." I said looking up to the house.

I see that there's 4 people standing on the porch, there was 2 boys and 2 girls. The older lady has blonde hair and a white gown and her hair was up in a pony and the other lady had hazelnut hair with jeans and a long sleeve sweater and the elder man had gray hair and a red robe and the second man was tall with dirty blonde hair and had jeans and a t-shirt on. Cody parks the car and gets out going to talk to them but before he did, he went to my door to open it. I got out and stared at the younger woman who already started to cry, I'm guessing this was my mother and the man by her was my father.

"Hey guys, this is..." Cory said but my mother interrupted
"AMBER!!" She said running up to me and grabbing me "oh my god, you're real, you are so beautiful ugh!!!!!"
"Mom.." I whispered holding her beginning to cry.
"Amber honey give your old man a hug." My dad said coming up to me.
"Hi dad, damn you're old now." I said with a tearful laugh and going to hug him.
"Well well, so this is my grand daughter ." The elder couple said in sync
"Wow I can't believe I actually have a family that didn't die." I said with a giggle.
"You're so beautiful." My mother said going in for another hug.
"Thank you mom" I said smiling with a tear coming down my cheek.
"Well we should show her around because Mrs.Robin, we have to you know." Cory said taking my hand and looking back at the couples
"Yes of course please show her around while we get dinner prepared." My mother said shooing us away.

We get inside and the house was gorgeous and huge on the inside, there was a chandelier above us with angel paintings above. The floor was covered with white tiles and there were 2 sets of staircases. Cory showed me up the right one and the railing with literal gold. We get to the front of my door and Cory looked at me and put his hand around my waste and pulled me closer where our noses touched and he looked at me in the eye and he placed his other hand on my neck.
"So what do you think of the house so far?" I heard my father say from down stairs and me and Cory backed away from each other and headed down.
"The house is gorgeous dad, I love the chandelier as well." I said patting my dad's shoulder, I can't believe he's a vampire still but I'm more terrified of what just happened between me and Cory.
What did y'all think of this chapter.