Chapter 9

'Amber, i love you.' I heard a voice crie out in the dark. 'Wait, who are you?' You know who I am, please help me, I'm going to die please Amber, if you love me, I know you will fight for me'

"Wait, don't die, I think I know who you are." I said under my breath sitting up off my bed. I look over to my right to see a tray full of food. I take the food and look up seeing Cory sleeping in the chair at my desk, did he always watch me while I slept? I look back at the trey of food and I notice there is a note.

  Dear Amber,
We are going to have you leave for your safety and because your memory will help Dalayla and Noah find you from a computer they use, so we are going to have your cousin Dave bring you home and erase your memories of this place, it's been 2 weeks since we met you and we are so sad to see you go again, we love you. Love, Momma and Dad.

I looked up at Cory who was still sleeping, I don't think he knows I'm leaving but I might leave a note here for him but not right now, I need to find my mom. I jumped out of bed to go to the door, I then hear a voice outside.

"Lowell why can't she stay, we have a lot of protection here." I heard mother say to dad.

"Honey, they want us to think that but if we want our daughter to stay alive, we have to send her back to the human world..." I heard my father sigh.

"She's our daughter, she deserves to be with us after 25 years Lowell. Please." I heard my mother start to tear up.

"Ugh, tell you what, she will only be gone till she's safe, okay darling." I heard my dad and I think he smiled. I think my mom smiled as well and then I heard the door about to open and I raced to my bed. I heard the door open and two pairs of feet started to walk over to me.

"Amber, wake up sweetie." I heard my mother say holding in the shakiness of her voice. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at MY parents.

"I have been up for awhile, I read the note and then I heard you two outside my door." my voice started to tremble. "I'm never coming back, I know what happens with these type of things, Dalayla and Noah won't stop until I'm dead, I promise you that so with that said, I'm never coming back because I'm not losing anymore family." I started to cry as I looked over at Cory starting to wake up. "I'm not going to lose you because of me so I wont come back, I'm sorry." I started to get up and I started to walk to the door but I felt a hand on my arm.

"Amber, please don't go, it is not your fault." I heard dad say pulling me into his arms and I cried into his chest, I didn't wanna leave them and lose them again, I want to stay with my parents and Cory and grandpa, and even Aunt Ellen and Uncle Jeff.

"I'm sorry but I can't endanger you, I love you too much so I won't ever come back." I started to pull away to look into my dad's eyes, and his were tearing up.

"Honey, you didn't endanger us, we endangered you, you will come back when it's safe, I promise, and another thing, I know it's not the right time but we are going to have to erase your memory from the last 2 weeks. We love you." My dad put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at mom and Cory who were crying and Cory's eyes were full of hurt now and so were my mom's. Right when I was going to say something, everything went black.

I'm sorry this chapter was short but the next one is going to be very long. WARNING. thanks for reading this book, comment below for any ideas for the upcoming sequels.