Detective

After an intense yet emotional conversation with Itachi, Sakura wanted to give him some time to reflect and decide if it is right to tell Sasuke after this long time, but he wouldn't need it.
As soon as Sakura opened the door to leave, she found a thunderstruck Sasuke standing behind it. He was standing like a statue after obviously hearing everything. The only

"I-Itachi!"

"Sasuke?" Itachi and Sakura sighed simultaneously "What are you doing standing behind the door?" Sakura asked.

"You two were loud, I thought there was something going on, so I came to check"

"Oh, okay. I should leave" Sakura said, leaving them alone to have some family talk.

"Is what I heard true?" Sasuke asked while looking to his feet "Why am I even asking? I heard you with my own ears"

"I'm sorry things had to work that way, but I had no choice, believe me" Itachi explained.

"I lived my whole life thinking about how to kill you when you actually saved my life" Sasuke addressed his older brother "I know, those bastards told you to kill our family. I'm going to kill all of them, I promise"

"Sasuke, it's really complicated" Itachi tried to hold him "you're emotional right now, don't make any decision"

"I don't care, I'll make them pay" sasuke walked away, leaving his brother deeply worried.

Sakura on the other hand, locked the door of her room, feeling too stunned by the shocking events. She didn't know that a simple dream could lead to solving a mystery that lasted for over a decade. She felt somehow relieved to be of help, but there was much more she needed to take care of. She took out a piece of paper and started writing to Kakashi.

~~~ I don't know exactly what's going on, but I'll make sure to make whoever did that to me pay.

Ps: Please come with Naruto to meet me. There's nothing serious; I just want you guys around me during this hard time.

xxx love Sakura xxx ~~~

______________________________________

Naruto walked lazily towards the door to open. He wasn't as excited as he had always been. How could he when he lost both his best friends and his mentor? He once lost Sasuke and now Sakura, not to mention Jiraya who died mysteriously. Naruto has never been this discouraged before.

"Morning sensei" Naruto greeted with a pale face.

"Oh boy! "You look so lifeless" Kakashi said.

"What is there to be lively about?"

"Well! I don't know if this is bad or good news but--" Kakashi said as he was entering Naruto's flat "We're meeting Sakura".

"What? Sa...Sakura? Are you for real?"

"Yes I am"

"Just a second, I'll get myself ready" Naruto ran to his room to get changed but suddenly stopped "Sensei?"

"Yes?"

"Why are we meeting Sakura?"

Kakashi couldn't stop himself from laughing at his silliness "Just seeing if she's doing fine"

The excitement was mutual. Sakura, too, was over the moon. She missed both of them and couldn't wait to see them. She always kept a displeased face around the Akatsuki members, but deep inside she was excited about the meeting.

"I'm going out to meet a friend, I'll be back in a while" Sakura said to Pain.

Sakura left without waiting for his response and headed to a hill not far from the hideout to meet Naruto and Kakashi. She is finally going to meet someone who can ease her mind and understand her pain.

"Sakura!" Naruto yelled as soon as he saw her.

Sakura started running towards Naruto and her sensei like a little kid "You guys have no idea what I've been through this whole time" Sakura started tearing up.

"I felt so lonely, Sakura, why do you guys keep disappearing?" First Sasuke and now you" Naruto complained.

"Well, I think Sasuke is no longer a problem, I'm the problem now" Sakura said.

"What do you mean he's no longer a problem?" Kakashi asked.

"He learned the truth behind his clan's massacre" Sakura answered.

"What truth? Was there a hidden truth behind it?" Naruto asked, confused.

"It is said that the Uchihas were planning a coup d'état, and getting rid of them was the only way to stop it. So apparently, Itachi did the job himself" Kakashi said.

"And how did Sasuke learn about the truth?" Naruto asked.

"Last night I had a dream that made me feel suspicious, so I tried talking to Itachi and Sasuke happened to overhear us" Sakura explained.

"What is he planning to do now? Is he coming back?" Naruto suddenly had a bit of hope, but then his eyes widened upon the realization "Wait a sec! Is Sasuke there in the Akatsuki's hideout with you?"

"He is indeed" Sakura nodded.

"How about the other members? How are they treating you?" kakashi asked.

"Well! For a criminal organisation they sure are way too nice, we clash from time to time, but there's no bloodshed" Sakura rolled her eyes.

Both Naruto and Kakashi laughed at her remark. They were happy to see her doing well and growing stronger despite everything that's happening to her. Sakura is always the warm heart of the group, and her absence made both Naruto and Kakashi feel empty.

"What are we going to do about your case?" kakashi moved to the serious talk.

"Investigate" Sakura said with an angry look "Whoever did this to me, I'm going to make him pay for it"

"I don't know how to put this but declaring your membership made things worse" Naruto muttered.

"Seriously guys! That wasn't me! I don't exactly know what happened but Itachi told me that I came to him and begged him to join the group when I basically don't remember any of this and wouldn't even think about it" Sakura said in one go.

"Is this some sort of Genjutsu or something, you know, we're talking about the Akatsuki here" Naruto said.

"Lady Tsunade is doing her best to re-investigate this case, but we still need to know who would want you to get you in such trouble and why?" Kakashi said.

"OK, first I need you guys to tell me how this whole thing happened? How did the so-called 'Me' kill Jiraya" Sakura asked.

"It seems he's been into a huge fight but most likely what killed him was a sword stab in the heart" Kakashi explained.

"Okay, so we have someone who uses a sword, and he's from Jiraya's calibre" Sakura concluded "who could it be?"