FOREVER

Itachi decided to treat everyone for dinner and celebrate the return of the glory days. He had never imagined that there'll be a day when he sits with everyone in the Leaf and have dinner peacefully. As he thought about it, it was all thanks to Sakura who brought justice to everyone's life. If it wasn't for her, he would've been still out there struggling as a rogue ninja and waiting for his life to be ended by Sasuke. But all of that is past now; Sasuke is back to normal, and so is everyone else. No matter what happens, they'll all be together in it.

Sakura and Sasuke entered Itachi's house and helped him set the table for dinner. It's been a while since they all gathered, and they decided to make the night incredible. Kakashi and Naruto joined the party, and so did Pein. After a long conversation, Sakura convinced the latter to join and enjoy the moment before he's convicted. They decided that nothing from the past will be brought up and that they'll all appreciate each other as comrades.

The dinner was awesome and so was the atmosphere. Naruto, because he's Naruto, made everyone loosen up by his cheerful and bubbly attitude. He was the centre of the gathering as always. Sasuke on the other hand was obviously nervous and rather hesitant, but no one noticed because he always the one with the fewest words and less remarkable actions. However, Sakura did notice. The girl knows him inside out, and she could tell something is bothering him. As everyone was done eating and started cleaning the dining table and arranging the setting for the after dinner, Sakura dragged Sasuke to the balcony, so they could talk.

"What's wrong? What's with the long face?" she asked, concerned "We're supposed to be all fine"

"I am Sakura, I'm fine"

"You're obviously not, are you kidding me" she crossed her arms "come on, tell me. Is something bothering you?"

"yes"

"What is it?"

"You" he answered briefly.

"M-me? What have I done? I thought we're cool now"

"We are but.."

Sasuke wasn't good with words, he doesn't know how to express himself. He needs someone who'd understand his thoughts based on his behaviour, and Sakura was the perfect match he needed. She heaved a deep sigh, understanding where the conversation was going, and decided to give him a boost to speak.

"Come on, say it. I know it's about us" She smiled sweetly "you don't have to feel embarrassed when you're with me"

"I know, I'm no perfect guy for you, but I'm serious about you and I want us to be official." he said in one go "I don't have a ring for you, but I want you to wear something more meaningful and important, something that is a big part of me and I want to share it with you. I want you to wear the Uchiha clan pendant on your neck and never remove it for the rest of your life. Sakura, will you marry me?"(*)

Even though she saw that coming, she still was gobsmacked by the sincerity of his words and by the beauty of them. She'd never imagined that the Uchiha Sasuke she has known since childhood would say such sweet words to her and ask her to be his. Sakura couldn't utter a single word by dint of being shocked, she only stared at him with tears in her eyes, and that made him freak out.

"Did I say something wrong? Why are you crying?"Sasuke panicked.

"Because no matter how much I thought of it, I have never imagined that these beautiful words will ever come out of your mouth one day"

"You like it that much?" he walked closer to her.

"Very" she threw herself in his embrace and that's when he knew he had to claim her as his.

"You'll have to put up with me a lot from now on" he whispered softly in her ear.

"I'm used to it, so it will be fine"

The moon witnessed the beautiful moment and was jealous because they overpowered its beauty. In fact, the moon was the only one who witnessed their love and struggle throughout the years and was finally happy to witness this splendid moment after a decade.

The couple went back inside to join the others for tea. Once they stepped inside the living room, all eyes were on them. They knew that Sasuke and Sakura's disappearance wasn't random, and they decided to tease them about it.

"What were you two doing in my holy balcony" Itachi teased.

"I think teme tried to do something to Sakura-chan" Naruto said.

"Shut up loser" Sasuke glared at Naruto.

"Pein you can't let your sister hang out with some random guy" Kakashi joined the teasing match.

"You're right Kakashi, this Uchiha needs to be taught a lesson"

Laughter surfaced in the place and everyone was eager to consume that happiness. No matter how much pain everyone has gone through, It was erased and living this delightful moment, it was all worth it. Nothing compares to a happy home and company.

Not only to Itachi and Sasuke but also Pein, Naruto and Kakashi and everyone else, for them, Sakura became a hero and a reason for them to smile thanks to her goodwill and kind heart. She became their dawn that moved their lives from the darkness of the night to the bright daylight. She became their Akatsuki; Sakura of the Akatsuki.

~~~~~ The End ~~~~~