Live And Let Live

Everyone was relieved that Sakura had finally returned in a whole new mood. She looked fresher than before, and her energy was revived thanks to that journey. What she experienced wasn't easy at all, but for her to overcome it was only proof of how powerful she is. She walked cheerfully in the streets until she reached her destination. She now doesn't hesitate any more before knocking. She got used to his company and accepted him as an important part of her life.

"Hey there" she waved excitedly to Pein who opened the door

"Oh, Sakura I didn't expect you to come" he cheered up and invited her inside.

"How is your stay in Konoha?" she sat on the couch "Are you planning to stay longer?"

"I'm not sure, my stay here was mainly for you. Now I don't know what to do next since you're all set up"

"I visited Dad during my trip" she said, looking away from him.

Pein didn't expect her to open up to him suddenly. She's always dodged the topic whenever he brought it up, but that time she decided that there's no running away from it. After all, she made a promise to her father to take care of Pein for him.

"What did you talk about?" he sat next to her.

"I told him about myself, and I apologised for not realising it sooner" she finally looked at him "and I promised him to take care of you"

"and how are you going to take care of me, Sakura?"

"By stopping you from doing all these ugly things you're doing. I don't know if finding me was the only reason for you to go rogue, but I want you to stop being on the bad side. I have no criminal siblings"

"Not like I have a choice anyway, The Leaf is going to convict me soon for killing Jiraiya" he let out a shaky breath.

"The sentence you'll receive will be a good opportunity for you to reflect on your actions. You've been doing things the wrong way, and I wouldn't accept a rogue brother"

Pein decided to accept his destiny and give up to whatever The Leaf is going to do to him. What was important to him was that Sakura accepted him, and he couldn't ask for more.

"Anyway, I heard you're settling with Sasuke" Pein changed the topic.

"And by settling you mean ?"

"Are you two together now?"

"We are, and don't ever ask me about my personal life, I hate it" Sakura teased.

"Roger that, but don't forget about me when you get all lovey-dovey with that asshole"

"You know what, you're the only asshole in here" Sakura stomped her feet and turned towards the door but was stopped by Pein who kept playing with her.

"Okay, okay, I was joking" he pulled her into a warm hug then whisper-called "Sakura!"

"What?" she pouted.

"Thank you for sticking around"