Double actor

After a long walk, Sakura waved goodbye to Itachi, who accompanied her home. She still can't make sense of the sudden situation; Sasuke is leaving, and he may not come back, and Itachi confessed to her. Yes, he did; he told her that it started as a joke, but he actually fell for her, and it can't be helped. What Sakura predicted for herself was pain and vain, she understood that she made the very wrong move that made her lose the love of her life and a close friend. It was supposed to be an act to annoy Sasuke, now her plan became a reality, a terrible reality.
She's risking her friendship with Itachi and losing Sasuke and God knows what is Naruto going to say about this mess. At a time like this, she only needs one person by her side, and it's her one and only best friend, Naruto. She didn't even take a step inside her house and turned back, making Naruto's place her destination. The latter rushed towards the door when he heard repetitive knocking.

"Naruto! A problem, a big problem... He's leaving" Sakura chickened out.

"Sakura, calm down, who's leaving?"

"Sasuke is leaving, he said Kakashi sent him somewhere for something and I don't think he's coming back"

"This can't be Sakura. Just sit down and take a deep breath" Naruto said "It must be some sort of mission that's all"

"I know it's a mission, but he said he's not coming back from it, and he looked dead serious"

"Okay Sakura calm down okay! You stay here, I'll go see what's going on"
Naruto, because he is Naruto, didn't think twice before flying to the hokage's office to wrap your brain around the situation.

"Come in" Kakashi said when he heard a slight knocking on his office door.

"Afternoon, sensei" Naruto said.

"What's with the gloomy face, Naruto?"

"Is it true that Sasuke is leaving for a long mission ? A very long one?"

"He told you that?"

"Actually he told Sakura, and she got scared he may never come back, so I came to ask you"

"Well .... Ye.. Yes" Kakashi muttered.

"How can you do that? He just came back and Sakura just started feeling happy"

"I'm afraid she's going to have to forget about this happiness for a while"

"A while? This is forever Kakashi you admitted he's not coming back"

"Well that's all Naruto. I have work to do"

"That's disappointing Kakashi. The first thing you did when you became a hokage is hurting your close ones" Naruto said then outrageously left.

Kakashi sat back on his chair, looked above and tangled his fingers.
"What are knitting, Sasuke?"