Detective II

Sasuke laid lethargically on his bed and closed his eyes, unable to control his tears. He felt he'd been living a sick lie his entire life. He was angry—so angry that if anyone from the leaf was there, he would've killed them immediately. He lost his focus when he heard a slight knock on the door. He dried his tears and went to open it, and it was .... It was really someone from the leaf.

"What is it, Sakura?" he said, then walked back in.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine"

"What are you planning to do now that Itachi is not who you think he is?" she asked, concerned about his intentions.

"I'm not sparing anyone who caused this" he said furiously.

"So there's always something you need to hold a grudge against" Sakura sighed deeply. "Anyway, I came here because, unfortunately, I need your help"

"My help?" he scoffed bitterly "Okay, and since when do you ask scumbags for help?"

"Are you feeling bitter because I called you a scumbag? Okay, I take it back"

"Of course you should take it back, Sakura, because you need my help"

"Okay, I'm sorry, and yes, I do need your help" she tried to calm him.

"What is it?"

"I want you to help me find the real culprit"

"Real? Culprit? So it wasn't you after all?"

"You really thought it was me? You know I would never do such a horrible thing" she said, looking at him in disbelief.

"I'm not sure" he shrugged his shoulders "I thought you became some ice load after I left you. I didn't give it much thought"

"Ha-ha-ha! Very funny" Sakura said in an annoyed tone "Are you helping me or not?"

"I have one condition, Sakura" Sasuke said, wearing an evil smirk "I'll help you only if you help me back "

"Help you with what?" she panicked internally.

"Destroy that piece of hidden leaf"

Sakura didn't see this coming from him. She, in fact, thought that he'd go after Danzo or whoever is responsible, but he's out for blood against everyone. Sakura thought that this was her chance to use him for good. She thought it's now or never.

"Okay, deal." Sakura took a deep breath "I'm down"

"You sure became an ice load, didn't you?" Sasuke teased.

"Stop messing with me, you need me as much as I need you" she gave him a death glare and went out, heading outside the hideout to meet Itachi at the river.

"Surprise! Your little brother wants to destroy his hometown" Sakura said as soon as she reached Itachi "the hidden Itachi, the one you killed your entire clan for it to be safe"

"I know, he told me"

"And you didn't even blink?"

"I don't know how to react" Itachi closed his eyes, trying to think of something.

"Well, don't react, I am will

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"He agreed to help me find the culprit on the condition that I help him destroy the village"

"Why you?"

"Because I know a lot about the leaf. I've worked with Tsunade for a long time, so I know the ins and outs"

"Sakura you're aware of this, yet you're siding with him" Itachi felt disappointed.

"He may be dumb, but I'm not" Sakura said as she walked closer to Itachi "Mr. Uchiha Itachi, I need you to trust me"

"B-but--"

"No buts, just trust me. I know what I'm doing " she gave him a reassuring smile.

"Alright" Itachi said, then suddenly wore a smirk "and by the way, were you two dating before because you really seem like a broken couple"

"We were not. It was a one-sided love, and it ended the minute he left the village"

"I know my brother very well. He cares about you"

"Bold of you to assume you know him when you've been apart for over a decade" Sakura side-eyed him.

"You're an idiot, aren't you?" Itachi chuckled as he tapped her nose "Anyway, nevermind".

They both walked back to the hideout as it was getting dark. They enjoyed each other's company even briefly, and it was beneficial for both of them to escape their miseries.
Once they arrived, Sakura went to her room and decided to write to Kakashi to update him.

"Sensei, it's important. Let's meet"

As soon as the letter reached Kakashi, he immediately flew to the designated place to meet her but got surprised when he found Sakura wearing all black with a mask and a cap.

"Sakura! Is everything alright?" Kakashi asked "What are you planning, Sakura?"

"I'm going home, sensei" Sakura announced coldly "Don't worry, it's just a short visit"

"Sakura, this is dangerous, they may capture you, and you won't be able to break free"

"Who said anything about capturing me? They won't capture me".

Kakashi became so worried—what if they found out about her? What if they put her in jail? What if she remains guilty forever and the real culprit is out and free, and God knows what else they're plotting? Kakashi knows that it is pointless to try convincing Sakura because he is fully aware that when she decides something, she does it no matter what. Kakashi couldn't add anything else but "Hopefully nothing bad happens".

"Even if it happens, we've got backup" Sakura reassured.

"Backup?"

"Yes! Uchiha Sasuke"

"What are you talking about, Sakura?" Kakashi felt even more confused.

"We made a deal that if he helps me find the real culprit, I'll help him destroy Konoha"

"Still, what are you talking about, Sakura?"

"Don't worry, sensei, I have everything under control" she reassured him "you just need to trust me"

"Sakura" Kakashi sighed "Is he coming with us?"

"Nope he preceded us there. He's already in the leaf"

"What? What is he supposed to do there without us?"

"Steal the sword with which Jiraya was killed" she smiled victoriously.