ii

chaerin told me that she had to show me around the rest of the school if i really wanted to but i think i just needed to know where my classroom is.

so i just told her that everything's fine, as long as we tell the principal that chaerin showed me around the school.

we sat on the bench outside already talking about how we should collab one day.

"ah, i forgot to tell you my name in the first place. my name is [first & last name]! sorry for not introducing myself."

"ah, no worries, i kind of forgot about it too, so i'm sorry." she says, emphasizing the 'i'm' part.

"so what made you become to be a composer for the future?" she added. i smile once more. i feel like i'm about to rant.

"since i love to listen to music, i hear that people would write them about how they feel or what they have been through. since school has been stressing me out lately, i've been having mixed emotions; happy, sad, anxious--" i say to her right until we heard some slight yelling somewhere near us that cut me off.

it was a boy with his hair slicked back, and he was somewhat yelling at a boy who's slightly shorter than him. somewhere around a 5cm gap between each other.

i just stood there, watching them. i didn't know what to do, and i can feel myself getting angry.

"[name], you know how i said there are a few students that are somewhat..rude?"

"yes--"

"well, he's one of them..his name is im jaebum. although he can act like that, he's smarter than you think." she then started to hold my wrist, and tried to pull me inside the school. "let's go somewhere else.."

"but chaerin! someone is probably getting bullied! the teachers are not around at this time, i can't just leave--"

"[name], i'm telling you right now. i know you want to help him, but jaebum's really fierce..just trust me.." she tells me as she loudly whispers to me.

i had no other choice but to not head over there. as much as i wanted to help, i don't know how this school goes. if chaerin tells not to help the shorter guy..then i guess i can't help him.

chaerin pulls me inside of the school and she decides to go to a hallway that isn't as crowded as the entrance of the school. i still can't stop thinking about what happened earlier. it's already my first day and something actually happened.

but..why?

why do i have to abandon some situation like that?