xxiii

i look at the scoreboard right in front of me as i got to school in the morning. as the moment that i saw my name, i felt so happy.

i'm at least on the top 20. i may not be the smartest, but i do feel like a hardworking person that tries my hardest to pass my class.

of course chaerin was top 20 as well, so as soon as she saw her name, we both high fived and gave each other a hug.

out of curiosity, i wanted to find jaebum's name on the list. i keep looking for his name as quick as possible.

i found him a couple of places ahead of me.

i kept staring at his name and the place he's in. he may have been troubling some people throughout the school year, but i remembered what chaerin told me when i moved here.

he really is smarter than you think he is.

chaerin was about to leave right until she saw me keep staring at the score board. there were so many people gathered in the exact spot so she groaned and tried to come back to me.

she realized i've been staring for a while, and she tried to follow my eyes to what i'm looking at.

"[name]." she says as she waves in front of my eyes.

"oh sorry, what?"

"what or who are you looking for?"

i kind of hesitated, and i looked everywhere except for her eyes. "uh, nothing. i was just looking at my name. i just can't believe we're going to graduate soon."

"ah, i know. how are you feeling?"

"i don't know..? either happy, sad or just anxious." i say as i started to look down, then at chaerin.

we started to reach to our classrooms, and of course there was nothing to do there anymore. we have a half day today.

i look at jaebum, as usual with his head down. he seemed calm and was just looking down at his desk.

"hey. what's wrong?" i tell him, and he immediately looks up.

"nothing. i don't even want to look at my name on that scoreboard." he says as he hides his face with his hands.

he clearly looked upset, but i remembered that i saw his name, and i had to try and cheer him up.

"beom, you didn't fail. you even surpassed me!"

"wait, what?! and what did you call me?!" he said as he quickly look at me.

..i regret calling him that.

is he mad?

+

171228: i'm planning to end this story before new years