xxvii

..i cannot control my heart rate after hearing his confession.

i keep looking at jaebum and at chaerin and i keep pointing at myself, "you mean—i'm that—"

"yes, you're that girl. that's why he didn't tell you that night when we saw him outside of school a few weeks ago."

"ugh i just want to dig and die in a hole. thanks, chaerin." jaebum says as he keeps covering his face; but chaerin keeps uncovering it for him.

"it's best that you don't do that. because i would like to get to know you." i exclaimed to him, and he just pulled out the sweetest smile he had ever showed off.

i smiled and i started to hug him, and i hear him say, "i can't believe you're moving..i didn't know; i should have told you sooner."

"and chaerin didn't tell you?"

"no!!" he exclaimed.

"whoops." she sarcastically said. "besides, i knew you were going to tell if you didn't know she's leaving."

"..you're right."

i took out my phone, and i go to my contact list to add him. i then asked him. "so beom, what's your phone number?"

of course we exchanged phone numbers and i was shook when he told me that he already exchanged numbers with chaerin around a month ago.

"jaebum! we're about to leave; so make it quick!" i heard a woman say, and jaebum turned around and said, "okay! i'll be there in a minute."

he then turns back to us, and says, "well, this is it. i will..text you guys and i hope we'll meet again someday. i hope you have a good time over there in america."

"thank you, jaebum. same to you to wherever you had planned to go." i say to him, and beside me, i hear chaerin say as she waved,

"bye jaebum!"

"yeah. bye!" i say as he steps back and walks towards his ride and slowly drives off due to the traffic.

"who's that?" i hear my mom behind me, and she i started flinch as soon as i heard her voice.

"a friend of mine. we were just saying our farewells." chaerin said as she smiled and placed her hand on my right shoulder.

i looked at her, and she raised an eyebrow. i then answered,

"yeah."

"okay you guys, let's head back home to finish out last minute touches packing."

"i asked my mom and she said i have to be home before 6:30pm to take me somewhere to eat for my graduation." chaerin exclaimed to my mom, and i smiled.

"i have no plans today." yugyeom said after and my mom agreed to take all of us home.

chaerin gave her car keys to her parents to drive home and she walked to my mom's car to drive back to my house before i leave.