xxi

the next day is the last day of exams. i wasn't feeling well the night before because i've cried telling my mom that i won't pass an exam that i took this week.

she hugged me to calm down, and surprisingly, i did a minute later. she told me everything was going to be okay and i was overthinking about my scores.

i didn't want to fail at all. i really wanted to graduate to go to the college i wanted to go to in america. music is a huge passion for me.

my mom told me if she wanted me to ask chaerin and yugyeom to come over and hangout to get the exams out of my head, and of course i wanted to.

during the midst of exams, i didn't want to do the exams anymore, i'm so tired of it. so i just decided to quickly read the questions and answer that just best fits as quick as possible.

i'm glad this is my last exam for this year. and high school.

i raised my hand so my teacher can take up my testing materials. i got so tired, so i immediately fell asleep.

a few hours later, i hear a lot of chattering; meaning that the exams were over. i just want to go home.

"[name]. are you okay?" i hear jaebum beside me say. i turned around and stares at his eyes.

"yeah, i'm fine. i can't take those tests anymore i'm too tired."

"i understand. i'd rather do music than do these exams."

"very relatable. i got accepted to a university of music in america."

"what?! really?" he says, and he looks down at his desk. he then covers his face with his forearms; and she just stayed there for a while.

"yes. is something wrong with that?" i ask him.

"no, nothing's wrong. sorry, i'm just stressed."

"ooh. no, you're fine. sorry for annoying you." i say and look away from him.

"it's not you. i'm as tired as you are. after high school, i don't have to go through anymore drama."

i then remember that time when jaebum once again was arguably with someone. luckily no adult caught them.

"..of course..may i ask what happened a few days ago?"

"i'm sorry. it's none of your business; maybe i can tell you some other time."

"okay. i understand."

i once again closed my eyes and i tried to fall back asleep until i hear jaebum say, "[name], why are you always so nice to me?"