xxii

"what do you mean?" i say as i immediately open my eyes and see him. why would he ask me that?

"people judge me for fighting a lot. some people don't even want to be near me."

i hear the last bell ring of the day, and everything starts to get out of the school building.

"..i was somewhat afraid to go near you when i first moved here. but don't worry, i—"

"[name]!! let's go!" chaerin shouted as she's near the door of the classroom. she still looked at us as we were talking from afar.

"ah, sorry, my friend needs me. maybe we can talk tomorrow! since..it's the last day and then graduation.."

"it's fine. i'll see you tomorrow."

"bye, jaebum." i say as i waved at him, and i started to catch up to chaerin since she already walked out.

"so..tomorrow's our last day and see our class scores." she told me as she digs through her hair and brushes it out.

"i know. i'm very nervous.." i replied back.

"what college are you thinking to attend? seoul maybe has some amazing universities to study for!"

"well..the thing is..i'm not going to study in seoul. or south korea. i'm studying abroad to the united states."

chaerin gasped and stared wide eyed at me.

"are you serious?!"

"i got accepted to a college there, yeah."

chaerin softened her expression, and opened her car door as we arrived to her vehicle.

i did the same as well as we both got in, and she started her car engine. she then tells me, "i'm gonna miss you, [name]. what are you majoring in?"

"songwriting."

"ah, me too! i got accepted to a music department in the college here! but i didn't expect you to move to america.."

"i thought i wouldn't either."

"is your english decent?"

"you already know i mostly talk to my mom in english. she doesn't know a whole lot of korean."

"oh yeah, that's right." she says as she pulls her car in reverse and heads her way out of school. "i can tell your mom is really happy to go back." she added.

"i mean, don't get me wrong, she loves south korea. but she hasn't seen her family in a while."

"ah, i see. does she feel homesick about it?"

"sometimes. she'll definitely miss the dakgangjeong she just recently learned how to make. i but i told her we could go to the grocery store and make some there at our home."

"of course." was all chaerin said, and we started to laugh as we're on our way home.

i really will miss chaerin and yugyeom.