xxv

today is the day.

graduation.

i'm sitting with my class at the huge auditorium where the graduation ceremony will be held at. i've never felt this happy and nervous before ever in my life.

apparently, chaerin was assigned to have this speech for our graduation and the last one before our diplomas are given to us.

she's on the stage right now as i carefully listen to her speech. the thought that i'm leaving south korea on this day makes me want to mourn.

i don't exactly regret it leaving because of college. but what i really will regret is leaving my friends behind. but at least i still have their numbers..

chaerin's speech is over, and next our names will be called. we all stood up and wait for our names to be called.

i try looking for my mom as the names were being called, but i couldn't find her.

"im jaebum." i hear a teacher say after a few minutes later, and i can hear his parents yelling and screaming of cheer. i begin to silently laugh, and of course clap for him.

more names were called as we were waiting. it took us a while, since there were so many people.

"[first & last name]." i hear and i walk up to the podium. i look at the crowd, and i can see my mom, yugyeom right beside her, and some of chaerin's family cheering for me as many people clapped.

wow they were kind of loud.

i shook the teacher's hand as i grab my diploma, and i walk back down.

"seol chaerin." the same people that cheered me on cheered for her, and some of her friends of course did too.

everyone had smile on their faces on their last day being in high school and head on to their college/university education. we're moving a step ahead of our lives.

after everyone was called, every single person in our class of course threw our graduation hats; and that's when the ceremony was over.

we meet our family and friends outside of the auditorium, and we all headed outside to see them.

i kept looking for my mom and yugyeom, and the moment i saw them; i start giving them big hugs.

"you did it, [name]. you graduated!" my mom said and she hugged me once more. she started to tear up, and i was trying to fight the urge not to.

"i can't believe you're leaving, [name]. i really will miss you." yugyeom exclaimed as he wipes a tear off his cheek.

"don't worry, yugyeom..i'll definitely come back, i'll visit! even since you're a little taller than me; you'll grow even more."

"thank you, noona. you're so caring.."