iii. ghostbusters

CHAPTER THREE:GHOSTBUSTERS

CHAPTER THREE:
GHOSTBUSTERS

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

   LIZ WAS LATE. She was so late in meeting the boys. Every morning, she meets them and they ride their bikes to school together. Her alarm hadn't gone off, and the only reason she woke up was because Steve banged on her door and yelled at her that she was going to be late. She jumped out of bed, and immediately got dressed, not caring if her hair was good or not. In under five minutes, she was out the door and biking to school.

Liz's hair was being blown backwards behind her as she peddled almost as fast as she did when she was being chased by the government, because of hiding Eleven. She sighed in relief as she saw her four friends standing by the bike racks, dressed in Ghostbuster costumes. Liz chuckled once she saw them, and pulled up next to them, parking her bike.

"You're late." Lucas stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No shit." Liz states, running a hand through her windswept hair.

   "Where's your costume?" Dustin questions, motioning to Liz's body. Liz looked down at her outfit that consisted of jeans, black converse, a t-shirt, and her brother's leather jacket that she borrowed (stole).

   "I—"

   "Woah, woah, woah, why are you Venkman?" Mike asked Lucas, cutting off Liz.

   "What?" Lucas asked.

   "Why are you Venkman?" Mike repeated, gesturing to the patch on Lucas's costume that read VENKMAN.

"Because I'm Venkman...?" Lucas states, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Mike shook his head, and gestured to his badge that also said VENKMAN, "No, I'm Venkman."

"Why can't there just be two Venkmans?" Will suggests.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago." Mike explains, before pointing at each of the boys. "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston."

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston." Lucas denies.

"Yes, you did!" Mike yells, as Liz rolls her eyes.

"I don't think he did." Will states, trying to break up the argument.

"No one wants to be Winston, man." Lucas sighs. Dustin shakes his head, agreeing with Lucas as he purses his lips.

"What's wrong with Winston?" Mike questions.

"What's wrong with Winston? He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Yeah, but he's still cool." Mike states, shrugging.

"If he's cool, then you be Winston."

"I can't!" Mike exclaims, causing Lucas to ask why. "B-Because..."

"B–B–Because... you're not black?" Lucas asks, mocking Mike, narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"I didn't say that!" Mike fires back, gasping.

"You thought it." Lucas states, crossing his arms over his chest.

The two boys continued to argue while Liz and Will stood and watched. They shared glances every once in awhile with each other and rolled their eyes. None of them even noticed Dustin turn around to look at the yellow school bus that had kids exiting the bus without costumes.

"Guys... Guys! Guys!"

The group walked up behind him and the boys eyes widened as they realized nobody was wearing costumes except for them. Liz smirked and turned around to face the boys, "That, Dustin, is why I'm not wearing a costume."

Liz pushes past the boys and heads into the school. She goes to her locker, and opens it up, putting some of her books inside. She's about to close her locker until she sees Max opening up the locker a few lockers away from her. She pauses, and takes a deep breath. You've got this Liz, you can do this. Just smile and invite her.

"Hey, Max" Liz smiles, closing her locker door and leaning against one of the doors closer to Max.

"Oh, hey, Liz." Max chuckles. "I didn't see you there."

"Have you thought about my offer yet?" Liz questions, smirking. Max furrows her brows, making Liz's confidence crack. "About trick or treating?"

"Oh, uh, yeah... yeah I have." Max states, putting her skateboard in her locker.

"And...?"

"I don't know if I really wanna go trick or treating with the stalkers." Max purses her lips before closing her locker.

"Okay, well, I'll still be there, so if you change your mind... we're meeting at the Maple Street cul-de-sac at seven." Liz smiles, feeling slightly defeated. "Also, I've been trick or treating in this town for thirteen years, so I know where to get the full sized candy bars."

Max chuckles, which makes Liz smile, "I'll be sure to think about it. Thanks."

"Okay, I'll see you there... or maybe not...but I hope I do!" Liz rambles, causing Max to chuckle at her awkwardness. Liz walks away, and immediately curses at herself for making such a fool of herself, when in reality, Max knew she was gonna go trick or treating. She was determined to get to know Liz more, and Liz was determined to get to know Max more.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

A/N:

[ 831 WORDS ]

third chapter!!!

also, you guys should nominate this story for best max story in strangerthingsclub awards book!