xxxii. bohemian rhapsody

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

MIKE AND MAX helped Eleven out to Nancy's car. Jonathan and Nancy were instructed to take them to Murray's house where they would all be safe while the adults took care of the Mind Flayer once and for all. Eleven had started complaining about her leg again once they got outside the mall. Liz opened up the back door of the Station Wagon and let Max and Mike set Eleven in the back, so she could lay down. Nancy and Jonathan got into the front seats while Mike stayed with Eleven in the back. Liz, Max, Lucas, and Will got into the middle, having to squeeze together tightly to fit.

Nancy put the keys into the ignition and turned them. The car wasn't starting and the engine was making strange noises. Due to the noises coming from the engine, Liz figured the engine was most likely dead. Nancy continued to turn the keys, trying to get the car to start, "You can't be serious! Come on!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked.

"Yes," Nancy sighed in annoyance. "I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asked, trying to be helpful as he knew if Nancy left the lights on, the engine would die and the car wouldn't start.

"No!"

"Do we have gas?" Lucas asked.

"Yes!" Nancy yelled before aggressively turning the key once again. "Come on!"

Jonathan reached forward, stopping his girlfriend from causing more damage to the engine by aggressively trying to start it, "Stop, stop! Pop the hood."

Nancy obeyed and popped the hood as Jonathan got out of the car. He opened up the hood and started observing the engine as Nancy stepped out of the car. They observed the engine for a few seconds before the sound of an engine revving distracted all of them. Everyone whipped their heads to the left, seeing a blue Camaro in the middle of the empty parking lot. The lights turned on and everyone knew it was Billy.

Liz started to take deep breaths as did everybody else out of fear as Billy continued to rev the engine of the car. He was challenging them. He revved the engine every second, trying to scare them and it was working. Nancy tapped on the window to the right of them, yelling, "Back in the mall! Back in the mall!"

Nancy opened up the door and everybody rushed out, practically tripping over each other. Max and Mike grabbed Eleven as everybody ran back through the doors of Starcourt. They stayed in the food court and some of them had started getting weapons just in case they could find no other way of leaving. Mike had grabbed one of the walkie talkies and went onto Dustin's channel, trying to see if any of the Scoops Troop would answer but none of them were. Lucas had grabbed his slingshot and Nancy stole a gun from one of the dead Russians to check how many rounds were in the handgun, which made Max flinch beside Liz, "You're gonna kill him, aren't you?"