xxxi. way down we go

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:WAY DOWN WE GO

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
WAY DOWN WE GO

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

THE MALL WAS dead quiet when they arrived. They went through a back entrance and immediately knew they weren't the only ones there. There were men wearing all black, holding guns and hunting down Dustin, Steve, Erica Sinclair, and a girl Liz recognized as Robin from Scoops Ahoy who were all hiding behind the counter of a pizza place. They hid on the second floor of the mall and watched as Eleven stepped forward. She stepped up to the railing and soon, a car alarm was going off from one of the cars that you could enter to win from the mall.

Eleven pushed her hand forward, simultaneously pushing the car into the two men, sending the car flying into another place at the food court. The group of four slowly stood up from their hiding spot, looking at the dead men, and the car before looking up and seeing everyone at the railing. When Liz saw Dustin, a smile crept upon her lips.

They all quickly rushed down to the first floor, the reunions starting. Dustin laughed as he saw Eleven and ran into a hug with her and Mike, "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!"

"Lucas?" Erica yelled once she saw her brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked, clearly shocked to his sister here.

"Ask them," Erica pointed to Steve and Robin. "It's their fault."

"True, yeah. Totally true," Steve nodded. "It is absolutely our fault."

Liz immediately went to Steve. Her eyes widened once she saw his face which was bloody and beaten. Cuts littered his face and one of his eyes was so swollen, he could barely open it, "Oh my God! What the hell happened to you? Are you okay?"

She jumped into his arms, both of the Harrington siblings squeezing each other as tight as they could, happy that they were both okay. Steve let go first and immediately grabbed Liz's face, turning her head harshly. He noticed the small cut she had on her cheek from the other day and he gasped, "Me? What about you? What happened to your face?"

Liz rolled her eyes, removing his hands from her face, "It's not a big deal. It doesn't even hurt anymore."

Steve grabbed her face one more, "Are you sure? How did it happen? Are you okay?"

Liz slaps his hands away once more as Robin scoffs, "It's just a small cut, dingus. She's fine."

Liz smiles at her, "Thank you."

Steve's eyes widened and he gestured to Robin, "Oh Liz, you know Robin, right?" Liz looked at Robin who smiled at her and Liz smiled back. Steve then chuckled. "You guys should chat, you have a lot more in common than you think."

Liz rolls her eyes, "How about let's focus on you and the fact that you can't go a full year without getting your ass beat. Seriously, what the hell, Steve?"