Chapter 5

"Logan!" Laurina happily embraced her younger brother after about two years of separation. She had risen quite early in the morning to await for him here at Astalan.

"Long time no see," Loganel greeted his older sister and brother.

They were standing on the side of one of the busy main streets that led to the city square, where countless merchant stands and storefronts were open for business to travelers. It was noon already, which meant that the streets were bustling with activity and filled with people walking here and there. The streets were filled with the hollering of merchants, chattering of the people, and the sound of the city.

"How have you been, Juliana" Laurina asked.

"I've been great," Juliana smiled and answered.

"Can we head back to the dorms now?" Redgilus asked, yawning as he slowly moved his feet to follow us as Laurina volunteered to lead us to the Academy. He was still him even after two years. He still had that sleepy look on his face and always seemed to be zoning out. However, Loganel knows that underneath that simple mask of his, he was a person of uttermost determination.

"Redge," Laurina sighed and looked over her shoulders at him with a worried look as she continued walking, "Logan still has to head to the Admission Ceremony."

"I could go by myself," Loganel offered. He was curious about school and life in the city. In fact, he had saved up all the money that Aldin had gifted him just so that he could buy better stuff in Astalan. "I want to see if I can do things by myself now."

"..." Laurina appears to be in thought. The silence persisted for a good half a minute before she spoke up once again. "Are you sure?" she asked, trying her best to act more mature in front of her younger brother.

"Yeah," Loganel said with a simple smile. "I mean I'm older now so...I should be able to do fine. That's what you two did when you first got here didn't you."

"Alright then," Laurina finally agreed to Loganel's proposal after a brief mental conflict with herself. "But let us at least walk you to the Academy. That is the only condition."

"Don't we have to go to the Academy to go to our dorms?" Redgilus pointed out, yawning again as they made a turn on the road.

"...Shut up!" Laurina appeared slightly red as she shouted at her twin brother angrily. She then cleared her throat and it was as if nothing had happened at all.

In the distance, past the buildings that lined the sides of the road, there appears to be a large building who's tower was visible from where the four of them were at. On the side of the tower was what appears to be a banner.

"Is that the castle?" Loganel asked.

"That's the Academy," Laurina giggled and answered. "The castle's at the other side of Astalan."

"Wow."

When the four of them finally arrived at the front gates of the Academy, Loganel was shocked at the beautiful buildings of the Academy. Past the opened steel bar gates, was a long brick road that led to a giant, castle like structure with the tall tower.

"That's one of the lecture halls," Laurina explained, "it's for magic studies and alchemy. The buildings to our left is the dorms."

"Is that so?" Loganel looked over to his left as he walked. His eyes were fixed on the five story building beyond the small field of green grass. The dorm building was quite big in size actually, with multiple windows lining each of the five stories signifying the abundance of rooms.

"Those are for the general population," Laurina added. "Meaning ordinary peasants. Our dorms on the other side of the school. Only nobility and children of wealthy merchants could afford to reside there. The others, they stay at the normal dorms like the ones you see there."