Chapter 36

Not far from the worn down stone pillars that surrounded the entrance way to the underground ruins of Ekeletas, the expedition team had set up camp. Numerous white tents, built up in orderly fashion, was the main characteristic of the camp. In addition to that, there were numerous people going about, setting up their camps and getting ready for tomorrow when the entire team shall venture into the ancient city.    

Loganel meandered about, not far from the tent he and his party was using. Around him, the leaves on the trees was the beautiful colors of Autumn, and a gentle wind that blew by rattled the branches, causing the leaves to fall to the ground after they swayed about in the air. With nothing much to do, he let out a moody sigh as he decides to return back to his tent to await nightfall.

It had taken quite sometime for everybody on the expedition team to arrive. This was mostly due to the heavy supplies that was brought by the adventurers, knights, soldiers, and commoners. The trek was a tiring one, but once everybody had arrived at their destination and had everything set up, everybody appeared to be in a more joyful mood. They began socializing, talking to each other and getting to know the other groups. Due to this, the camp was busy and loud. Everybody seems to have a place to be. This didn't bother Loganel since this meant that the majority of them will be too occupied to pay notice of him. However, those that did notice him Loganel just straight up ignored. In his opinion, it is of no use and benefit to himself for caring about what these people think of him. To him, they're just strangers, not major characters that are in his life.

Loganel had wanted to immediately retreat back into the tent, but after walking for a bit and returning back to the tent, Loganel discovered that his party members had gotten quite friendly with the group that had set up their tent next to Loganel and his party's. They sat in a circle, using fallen logs as seats, as they talked and generally had a good time.

Loganel quickly surveyed the other group with his eyes. They appeared to be students from the Academy as well judging by their age. There was a boy who was probably their group's forward that is dressed in metal armor. This boy was the type that Loganel was the worst at handling. Loganel could easily tell that that boy was a natural at socializing with how he smiled and acted with confidence. All in all, this boy emitted an aura that was a bit too friendly for Loganel's liking.

"Hello," the boy dressed in that suit of metal armor with no helmet waved at Loganel and smiled, which made Loganel feel quite uneasy.

"Come on," a girl sitting next to the boy giggled. "You have to introduce yourself first."

As she spoke, Loganel's eyes wandered onto her. Dressed in a simple green tunic with long brown hair and green eyes, she turned to Loganel and smiled. From just looking at her, Loganel could tell that she's a Sylvan, a race of elves that resides in ancient forests.

"Right. Thanks for reminding me, Teryani. Sorry," the boy dressed in armor smiled apologetically at me. "I'm Sullivan, the leader of my party. In this expedition, our place in the formation is right next to your groups. Nice to meet you."

Loganel merely nodded in response.

"Don't be so cold," a boy with a gray hair chimed in.

Loganel looked over at the boy, and was initially shocked by the furry cat ear the boy had on. However, Loganel soon realized that this boy was a demi-human, one of the Feline sub race of the demi-human race. Soon, Loganel's eyes drifted to the meandering tail that was in the air behind the boy.

"Name's Kaz," the boy said, smiling and revealing some teeth that was sharper than the average human's.

"I'm Morgan," another boy said. This boy was dressed in a heavy robe that resembled those worn by the priests of the Church. However, based on the small round shield and the mace he wore on his belt, Loganel concluded that this boy wasn't a priest, but rather, he was a cleric.