Epilogue

I immediately noticed something was wrong when she woke from my slumber in a foreign yet familiar location. My head echoed with pain as I made my way through the ruined castle. The walls were shattered and in some areas, cracked. Littering the sides of the long hallway were the bones of demons, twisted and distorted, almost as if they were faced with a gruesome end. I could sense no life in this castle, my home since my childhood.

Still somewhat hazy from my long slumber, I felt a sudden headache, forcing me to use the wall to support myself and prevent me from toppling over. Images of a familiar person flashed through my mind, but...I wasn't sure who he was. The only thing I know about him is that...I hold a special feeling towards him, but...I don't recall who he is.

With no clear path for my future, I decided to investigate the ruined castle. I made my way slowly through the ruins, cautious and weary for any potential dangers as I walked up the spiral staircase to my father's room. Inside the room was the same bed that I would often sleep in with father when I was still a child. However, the bedsheets were no longer fresh and new and it no longer holds the fragrance of roses. Rather, it was now torn and covered with dust. The furnitures in the room were also in horrible condition. The nightstand that stood beside the bed crumbled into a pile of dark rotten wood. Nearby, on father's book cabinet, cobwebs and dusts covered the books, and on father's desk, the letter that he was writing was brown with age. The ink well nearby has dried up, leaving only the crusty condensations coating the bottom of the container.

Outside, when I glanced down from the high castle walls towards the courtyard of the castle, I discovered that the vegetation had overgrown due to a lack of maintenance. Moss and vines hugged the stone bench that father and I used to sit on, where the birds would sing and the sun would shine down and bestow us its warmth. Walking over to that same stone bench, the dark gloomy atmosphere and the ruined stone bench made it so that it no longer resembled the same stone bench that father and I would sit on.

I continued on in the courtyard, and my eyes widened in surprise, but was immediately replaced with a sorrow look of sadness as I finally found father. He was on his knees, body held up by the blade that impaled him. The blade was familiar to me, for that person had wielded it. However, I still cannot recall who that person is and what this feeling that tugged at my heart is.

I knelt down and took a closer glimpse at father. His face was pale and cold to touch. He still looked the same despite all these years of being in a state of death, almost as if the Death himself is reluctant to come and collect his soul.

Tears rolled down the side of my cheeks as I stayed there beside the corpse of my father, knowing that the world I know is gone. No one I know is around anymore, and I am all alone. I recalled the time before my slumber, recalling the news of the advancing human army. They were the ones who struck first and refused our attempts at peace, and they're also the ones who invaded us. Based on the surrounding scenery, we had lost the war. Father is slain by their chosen hero, and...all is lost.

I reluctantly left the castle, knowing that nothing will come of it if I remained behind. The castle will not rebuild itself, and the dead will not revive again. So, with a heart burdened by sorrow, I left the castle and went on a journey. The surrounding lands of the castle has changed, but certain geographical features still resembled the ones that I was familiar with so I was able to find my way around the area.

On my journey, I encountered numerous demons, and when I inquired them about the current state of the world, I discovered that three thousand years has passed during my slumber. It would also appear that the growing sprouts of father's attempt at peace has withered,  for these demons I met resented humanity with all of their existence. I don't blame them, for their lives were ruined by humanity. They had their families slain and were driven out of their homelands. On my journey, I heard numerous recounts of humanity's violence towards the demon kind, and it kindled a burning flame of resentment within myself for humanity. That was when I realized the naive nature of my father's dreams and his wishes. Humanity and us demons can never peacefully coexist. One of us needs to be eradicated, and I'll make sure it will not be us.

Therefore, I started coordinating with the demon warlords on reviving the Demon King. Not my father, but my grandfather who was known for his brutality towards the human race even today. Thus, we began seeking into the human realms, in search for ancient artifacts of the myths and legends in order to accomplish our goals. On this journey, I met with numerous demons that remained in the human realms. Some urged me to give up this path and continue on with my father's desires for peace, but others applauded my efforts and offered to lend aid.

One incident on my journey that I can still recall clearly is that one time in the forests at frontiers of the Kingdom of Astra. I encountered a boy with black hair and a girl with almost snow white hair. The girl was frightened by me but the boy stood before her, shielding her from me. For some reason, I cannot bring myself to harm the boy. Something tugged at my heart, making me feel a severe degree of sorrow and longing when I stared into the determined grey eyes of the boy. Those eyes...I swear I've seen them somewhere in the past. I swear these eyes belonged to that person whom I cannot remember. 

However, seeing this seven year old boy seems to have lifted a seal within me, and I can slowly recall the past now. His face gradually became clearer in my memories, but his name still escaped me. What I can be certain about is that...I love him. But...he had betrayed me. He was the one who had slayed my father.

A few years later in my journey, I met someone who resembled that boy and that person in my memories. However, that did not matter to me at all since he stood in my path. He's an obstacle, especially if he decides to side with that other boy that wielded that sword. The sword...it elicited uncanny feeling from me as the sword that had slain my father. Immediately, I could tell that he was the new hero chosen by humanity. Thus, that makes him and anyone who sides with him my enemy. 

This boy that resembled the man in my memories, for some reason looking at his face elicited an inferno of anger within me. Maybe it was the bad memories of the past, but I know for sure I hold a disdain towards him. However, deep down I know I still cannot bring myself to hate him.

One day, it would appear that the seal on me is completely broken. I remembered it all now, and tears streamed down my face as I finally realized his and father's intentions as he sealed me away. I also realized something. If the seal has completely been lifted, that means...he's gone from this world. 

I refused to acknowledge this fact so I went searching for him. I was closest to the city of Astalan, so I headed there first. It would appear that they're preparing for some festivities of some sort as the residents of the city gathered by the front entrance to the city. However, when the city gates opened and revealed a group of people, weary and visibly battered, the residents of the city immediately became mute.

I could sense something familiar from the returning group of people, so I scanned the crowd in search of him. I know the chances are slim, but I hope that he's with them. I hope that he's somehow still alive and well. 

A joyful smile appeared on my face when I saw him. He carried in his arms what appeared to be a corpse covered with a white cloth, and he had a look of sorrow on his face.

No. That isn't him. I know for sure that this person I see in the crowd isn't the Loganel that I know of. He's different. However, he carries with him the familiar scent. Even know he didn't carry it with him, I could sense Zweilgr, my fathers blade that the Loganel I knew had took with him when he slayed my father, on this young man walking in the crowd.

The grim reality finally dawned on me. The Loganel that I know is no more. The two people that mattered the most to me in this world are both gone. With this realization, I dropped to my knees and wept.

Author's Note:

So that ends it for Arc 1. Make sure to follow me to know when Arc 2 is up. I'll probably post the first chapter of Arc 2 tomorrow, so make sure to check. I haven't decided on the title name for Arc 2, but it will be Lost Fantasy-(Temporary Title).  It'll be something like that. 

Edit: I lied. Arc 2 is up right now. Go check it out. It's name is Lost Fantasy-The Flowers of Stelis.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/143111591-lost-fantasy-the-flowers-of-stelis-arc-2