Chapter 8

With the dawning sun in the background, dying the sky a light orange, Loganel, Azura, and Juliana had already returned to the safety of the Capital city, Astalan. Loganel had brought the drops that they had collected from the day's hunt and was accompanied by Juliana and Azura when he went to the market to see if he could sell the drops for money.

"So all in all, we made about One silver and twenty Copper today," Azura concluded. "So split that among three people and that's fourty Copper each." Azura then reached into the pouch on her belt and took out eighty Copper coins. "Here you go...What're you looking at me like that for?"

"No," Loganel explained, "just thought that you're actually not that bad of a person and everything."

"Do I look like that I'm a bad person?" She looked at Loganel with a doubtful stare.

"No no no," Loganel denied, "just that um..."

Azura sighed and brought her left hand to her left hand to her head as if trying to soothe a headache of some sort.

"What's wrong?" Juliana asked.

"Nothing," Azura shook her head as she answered her. She then looked at the sky, and from the color of it was able to decipher the time of day. "I'll be heading back to the dorms now. Good night."

She then turned around and began walking towards the Academy but was halted by Juliana.

"We're heading back too," Juliana said, "so let's go together."

Azura, appearing somewhat troubled, considered Juliana's proposal for a second before sighing once again. "I can't stop you so sure." She appeared extremely fatigued.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Loganel asked, showing little emotion in his question.

"Are you concerned about me?" Azura smiled. "Don't worry. I'm not that fragile."

Loganel sighed at Azura's comments, and reluctantly started following her and Juliana as they started for the Academy.

When the three had arrived at the Academy, the sun was at the horizon, leaving behind little light. However, the streetlights, fueled by Mana, that had just turned on provided light.

"Where are you going?" Loganel asked as Azura started towards the dorms for the normal students. "Our dorms are that way isn't it?"

"No," Azusa said, looking away from him, "I stay in these dorms."

"Is that so?" Juliana nodded as of discovering something about Azura. "Would you like to head to our place for dinner, Azura?"

"Please excuse me," Azura politely declined, "but I think I shall decline that offer." She nodded at the two of them, and then started walking towards the girl"s dorms, and Loganel and Juliana merely watched her as she went off.

When the two of them started for their special dorms that was located elsewhere in the Academy, they walked in silence. With the setting sun in the background and the occasional students passing by them, they walked. However, the silence was only broken when Juliana spoke once again.

"She's quite brave," the girl remarked.

"Yeah?" Loganel merely answered to demonstrate that he's listening.

Juliana chuckled and smiled. "What do you think about her?" she asked. "I think she's a nice person even though her words might be harsh."

"Harsh?" Loganel repeated. "That's not harsh at all," he said sarcastically.

That night, the two of them ate dinner in peace. Redgilus and Laurina were both in their own respective dorm suites, tired from their own day of hunting. In Loganel's suite, the two merely sat eating a meal that consisted of simple bread and vegetable soup next to the dinning table.