eighteen: betrayed

ALLISON'S POV

This is me holding my end of the bargain.

I guess I assumed way too much.

I  averted my gaze from the still open apartment door to the guy I just made out with. He's staring at me but he doesn't look like he can really see me.

I cleared my throat, gaining his attention. "You didn't tell me you have a girlfriend," I said nonchalantly, trying to keep it cool. Trying not to show any emotions, trying not to expose what I really feel for him.

He didn't answer. He didn't make any move to contradict what I said or to let me know that that Kyle girl and him doesn't have any past. Instead, he just stood there, face emotionless, body rigid.

So I mirrored him, not once bothering to close the door. I waited patiently until he can speak again.

I waited and waited but I'm already loosing it.

"What the fuck, Dan?!" I spatted through clenched teeth.

"What?" He sneered. "What's in it for you if she's my girlfriend? What's in it for you if she's not?"

"For fuck's sake, I'm just asking, Dante!"

With this he sighed, defeated. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't snapped at you like that. And, she's not."

"Not yet? " I asked, now closing the door.

Sadness clouded his eyes as he shrugged. "Don't know. It seems impossible now," he said, excluding the part where he has to say: "because I made out with you".

Even without him saying those parts, I said, "I'm sorry."

He looked at me with those mezmerizing eyes of his and said, "Why say sorry? Who knows, maybe the feelings I had for her are now the feelings I have for you?"

And with that, for the second time this day, our lips met.

please vote, comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so