twenty seven: relationship problems

I don't know if we're really okay now, like really, really okay. I mean, it's been a week since the incident but it's like there's some sort of thing or barrier between Allie and and I that keeps us from interacting with each other without awkwardness. She said she understands me and that she totally get it but she's acting like she isn't really cool 'bout it.

"Hello? Earth to Dante! Dante to Earth!" Ian's voice snapped me out of daze, pulling me back to reality.

"Zoned out. Sorry."

"What's the matter, man? You're constantly zoning out," his voice held concern and his eyebrows are knitted together.

"It's Allie."

His brows furrowed further, if that's possible. "Why? You two broke up?"

I didn't say anything.

"Shit, man! Shit. Why? Is this because of the thing that happened last week? Dammit. Well, it's a shame. I really ship the two of you."

I sighed then looked up from the bagel that I've been staring at since forever. "We did not broke up. Well, not yet."

His brows, which are knitted a while ago shot up in surprise. "Yet? What? You wanna break up with her?"

"No," I quickly interjected, shaking my head. "But I think she does. I mean, she rarely talks to me. She still sleeps beside me, though. It's just that I think we're falling out of it - of love. I don't know how to make this work out."

"That sucks."

"You're not helping."

"I mean, you broke her trust, dude. What do you expect? That she'll be running into your open arms the second you say sorry? That's not how this works. You need to earn it again. If you can. But don't let her go, Dan. Never. She's one of a kind," Ian advised, leaning comfortably on his seat.

"What should I do?"

"Dunno. Don't ask me."

- - -

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four Mississippi, five Missi -

"Babe?" Her voice said from the other end of the line.

"Hi. Uh, do you have any plans after school?"

The line was silent for a moment. Then, "None, actually. Why?"

"Wanna go out? I'll pick you up?"

"Yeah sure," I sense hesitation. "My classes ends at four. That good?"

"Perfect. Text me whenever. Love you."

"You too."

We'll be okay, I told myself.

please vote, comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so