twenty nine: we need to talk

"I had fun. Thank you, " she mumbled,  snuggling into me.

"I'm glad you had fun. Hell. You don't know how nervous I am when I asked you to go out, " I quietly admitted, slightly embarrassed voicing it out.

She giggled. "Hey, we do go out a lot."

"Yeah, but I thought you were, you know, still mad at me after what happened, " I shrugged, trying to be nonchalant.

"Just disappointed is all. I know you wouldn't cheat on me but I think you still didn't trust me - I mean, we barely knew each other and all, " now she's the one who's trying to hide what she really feels.

"Hey, it's not that I don't trust you because I do. If I didn't, I couldn't tell you I love you, could I?"

She sighed, hand tightly intertwined with mine as if she'd loose me if she ever let go or perhaps to serve as a reminder that I'm hers and hers only.

My words were left hanging in the air, the tension between us not as thick as I expect it to be. Her breathing is relaxed, slow that you'd think she's asleep and I almost thought she is if she weren't drawing patterns on my bare chest.

"We need to talk, though," she mumbled, so quiet, so soft that you'd think she's just talking in her sleep.

"Aren't we talking?" I mumbled back, hands trailing down to her back, fumbling with my shirt that she's wearing.

"About us, I mean," she replied, eyes meeting mine.

My heart rate doubled at that. And I know she can feel it.

"What about us?" I asked quietly after a moment of contemplation, afraid that she'll disappear if I didn't choose the right words.

"Are we going to continue this, Dante?"

Please no.

Please.

I'm going to break if you're going to do this to me.

"Aren't you happy, Allison?"

If she was taken aback, she didn't show it. Because never had I called her by her real name even if she's just my roommate. She was never Allison. Because as long as she's in this Goddamned apartment, her name is Allie. But nothing's permanent. One way or another, things are gonna change, and people you love will come and go.

"I am, Dante."

"Then why?"

- - -

I stand on her bedroom doorway, lwaning against her door frame, watching her as she calmly pack her things.

"Where are you gonna stay until the school year ends?" I hesitantly asked.

She looked up but didn't smile. "I made arrangements with a friend of mine," she shrugged a little, letting her know it's not much of a big deal.

I kinda regret letting her go, though. I mean, it's only a few weeks before school ends and she has to move out of the apartment just because we broke up.

- - -

I took a step towards her, slowly, hesitantly, afraid she'll back away when I come a little too close to her but she didn't. Instead, she took one herself, almost closing the distance between us - keyword: almost. With one last sigh, I tucked the strand of her bleached hair behind her ear and pressed my lips to her forehead.

"Goodbye, Allie. Take care, please," I mumbled, watching her as she took one step closer to her new apartment door and away from me.

"Thank you, Dante. For everything," she said then she turned and never once did she glance back in my direction as she walked away from my life.

We're nearing the end! (Very near, may i add) I hope ypu guys like this chapter. I almost cried writing this.

please vote, comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so