twenty eight: date night

To say that I'm nervous is an understatement. Hell, I'm acting as if this is my first date with her. I can't seem to stop fidgeting, glancing over at watch every once in a while, not really caring if my professor is discussing a lesson or the way one of my classmates, Peter, I think is shooting me a cautious glance thrice in every five minutes. All I can focus on now is how to make my girlfriend happy and how am I supposed to fix our relationship. So when the old man dismissed us, I literally bolted out my seat to the door, obviously ecstatic about the fact that my classes are done for the day. I didn't bother to look for any of my friends around so I can hang out with them, I quickly headed to the college's lot and bee lined to Allie's school.

The usual drive from my school to hers is actually fifteen minutes but my unusual impatience brought me to the gates of the college in just ten minutes. It's just 3:47 so I decided to take a detour to the Starbucks I saw on the way here and ordered for the two of us. I was halfway through my coffee when my phone vibrates in my pocket, indicating me that I have a text.

just got dismissed. Where will we meet?

Received 4:04 pm

otw there. Meet me at the front gate.

Sent 4:04 pm

cool. Be there in five.

Received 4:05 pm

copy.

Sent 4:05 pm

"Hey, babe," I mumbled, pulling her into a bone crushing hug the moment I got out of my car but not before I give her her iced coffee .

Standing on her tiptoes, she pressed a soft kiss on my lips as a greeting when she managed to escape from my grasp. "So, tell me, Danny, where are we going?" she asked, her perfect brows arched up in question, gazing at me with a smile that could surely light up anyone's day as she takes a sip from her Macchiato.

"Well, Allie, babe, you see, it's a surprise. Meaning, it's for me to know and you to ... not know," I winked.

She crackled up a laugh and pressed her lips to mine before ushering me inside the car, a message telling me that I need to hurry up and get on with my plan. 

- - -

I looked at her over my shoulder her, waiting for her reaction. Her mouth gaping in surprise, beautiful eyes wide in shock, the rest of her body still. I take it that she likes it, then.

"Oh, Christ. Dante," she gasped out, her hand clinging to my arm. 

"You like it, huh?"

"Are you insane? I love it!" she exclaimed like the little girl she is.

please vote, comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so.